Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Another question for those who use a female name here

Another question for those who use a female name here

After reading the thread called "Another question for those who don't use a female name here", I saw some interesting responses as to why some of us don't use female names.

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?215325-Another-question-for-those-who-don-t-use-a-female-name-here

Now I'm going to turn the question around, and ask those who do use female names. Why did you chose a female name?

This question is open to all MTF CD, MTF TS, and any one else who chose a female name on this forum.

I will start. I identify as female, so I chose a female name to reflect my authentic self. I see myself as a woman, as transgender, and not as a dude in a dress.
    I've finally mastered the art of making salads. My favorite is a delicious Mediterranean salad.

It seemed like a good idea at the time. I didn't have one beforehand; I literally picked my female name when I had to pick a username for this forum. I wasn't witty enough to come up with a witty non-female-name forum username and all the cool kids were using female names anyway. I don't think it's that big of a deal, it's like how I don't use my real name (or gender, or race/species) in World of Warcraft either. I see myself as a transgender dude in a dress when I'm wearing a dress. I actually like skirts better.

Kim L of S. Texas Kimberly Long's Avatar
    Many years ago I identify my self as female. I am now retired and have been for many years. I halved live about 10+ years 24/7 as Kimberly, my only regret is that I did not start many years earlier.
    I wish you the best.
    Kimberly Long

Alexis is actually my middle name.I know most places outside of the U.S. it can be either male or female, but growing up Alexis wasn't a guys name so it took me 25 of my 38 years to get use to it.
    Ninsar is the Sumerian goddess of plants. The Sumerian, Babylonian era fascinates me, I also have several garden areas, the combining of the two seemed the natural thing to do.
    LET NO ONE BURN; LET NO ONE GO TO THE LIONS

It has only been 20 years since I finally decided to use a female name.

When I went to a bar I used to just sit and wait for some one to interact with. Finally, I decided that I needed to do something more active than just sit. So, I decided that I would shoot at least one game of pool. Thereby, requiring me to interact with at least one person if only marginally and to fully enjoy the dress or skirt that I was wearing.

The bars had a dry erase board that you put your name on to get in the rotation for next game. I used to just sign as "Jim" as I was me no matter how dressed. One day one of the owners at one tavern suggested that I "play the game" by using a name that at least matched how I was dressed. It went in one ear and out the other.

Finally, 10 years later, one day on impulse I decided to try it and Dee was the first name that popped into my head.
    Surprisingly, people were more receptive when shooting that night so I continued using it for that purpose. Of course my shooting companions would then introduce to others as Dee and the name stuck.

A couple of years later I was asked to be a judge at a pageant and they wanted my last name for introductions. I had never given that aspect any thought and on the spur of the moment came up with Arel. For consistency, I have stuck with that combination since that time.

I picked my name, Andrea Nicole, which Andrea is another form of my middle name and I have always loved the name Nicole, the two fit so I stuck with them.

I use my female name everywhere I can, not just here. My female name is my real name. My male name is just the name I use to cope with life's injustices. I also prefer to be referred to using feminine pronouns. I hate being called "sir," even in male mode. I prefer "ma'am."

The first time I gave myself a female name was when I joined this forum. I chose the name "Sveta" because I like how it sounds and I study Russian. When I started venturing out into the real world a few months ago, though, I decided to go with a different name, "Ava". The latter is easier to spell and pronounce, and I honestly think it suits me more. As for why I decided to give myself a female name in the first place, it was originally because I thought that it was simply the "thing to do" when being on a crossdressing forum, and I didn't want to use my male name. Upon deeper reflection, though, I have begun to consider myself dual-gender, since there are indeed both male and female shades of my main personality, and those shades are reflected in how I present myself, which involves my clothes, my actions, and my name.
    Back on the forums! But still very much closeted.

Why choose a female name? Simple for me...

After a brief period of lurking it became clear that most members here chose a female name with which to be addressed, even if it's not their username (point to newbies here: you don't have to call me Katey888... it makes me feel like an android or a refugee from 'Logan's Run'.. just Katey or Lady Katey will do...)

So, not wishing to appear weird... I opted for a female name as it fitted in better, and with hindsight, this is much more an expression of my femme aspect so really fits better...

And anyway, I think it would jar a little if conversations started with: "So Derek, are you more a skirt or dress girl...?" or "Hey Reginald - those slingbacks go really well with that Laura Ashley summer dress..."

(Apologies to any member whose legal name is Reginald - it was just an example and I'm sure the dress is real cute...)

If I ever get out - I will be Katey or Kate, no doubt...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Mine was the nickname of a long gone friend, that I decided to pick up and continue to use as the name for my female persona. As for why, I just felt like I should have a fem name to use for when that part of me is let loose.
    Last edited by Byron; 06-18-2014 at 05:17 PM.

I identify as a male CD'er. I choose to use a female name here and when out and about en femme because it feels rather incongruous to be presenting as female and using a male name.

Why 'Judith'? Because, after trying a few alternatives 'Judith' (or 'Judy') just felt 'right'. Then one day I was talking with my cousin, who has a daughter named Judith and who reminded me of a conversation that she had (in my hearing) with my parents while she was pregnant with Judith. They were discussing potential names. Guess what name they had lined up for me had I been born a girl? My cousin's little joke was that her Judith is sorta named after me! Little does she know! Guess some things are just meant to be!
    Last edited by Judith96a; 06-18-2014 at 05:16 PM.

My first 2 initials are D. D. The girly part of me has been Deedee ever since I knew she was there. Blue and white were my high school colors. So there it is!

Deedee Skyblue
    It's not wrong... but it is forbidden!

I'm with Zylia on this, picked it out for username for this site. I like the name Roxie and it fits for my fem side

Hell--o Michelle, My female name came about the same time as joining the forum. For me, seeing someone presenting themselves as a female, I'll end up referring to them as her, or she. Having a female name to back that up just feels better when referring to that person.
    If I feel this way, others are probably the same, so call me Kristyn if you like, if your uncomfortable calling this guy in a dress by a female name, my profile name is available as well.
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    AKA.. Hell on Heels
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Katey888 View Post
    Why choose a female name? Simple for me...

After a brief period of lurking it became clear that most members here chose a female name with which to be addressed, even if it's not their username (point to newbies here: you don't have to call me Katey888... it makes me feel like an android or a refugee from 'Logan's Run'.. just Katey or Lady Katey will do...)
    Or you can say her name like I do...which is Katey Victoria Beckham Kensington Winslet III ...you have to add in the III part or its just not official.

I spent a long time deciding what my name was to be. Since I was allowing myself the freedom to exist free of all the other trappings laid upon me by outside influences over my life, I thought it fitting to rechristen myself as well, lol. My name has no significance in regard to who I have always been seen as before, and simply felt right to represent who I actually feel like. It was for me, and how it makes me feel. Do you like it?

Thank you everyone for your responses. I just wanted to add a reminder that this thread is about why you chose a female name, not why you chose the specific female name that you did. I think there's a thread for that in the sticky.
    I've finally mastered the art of making salads. My favorite is a delicious Mediterranean salad.

For me it was originally about giving the female side of me an identity because it felt silly appearing female and using a male name. As the years rolled by and the true nature of my gender dysphoria became clearer I changed the name I'd used to one I felt was more comfortable for me in real life.

When I dress I become Anne. This forum is the same thing. Here I am Anne.

I use Jamie,it is part of my real name....think I might change it later to a more feminine name...Jamie can be boy or girl..and so can I ,so maybe I will keep it....don't know.....

Never had a female name until I joined forums and chat sites. I remember going by Kitty around 17 years ago, and I've had a few other names since. But I've found it's normal to have a fem name when going out. Every CD I've met in RL goes by a fem moniker. But there's also the androgynous names: Pat, Chris, etc.

But, I don't refer to my fem self in the 3rd person like many here do. lol
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

I agree with most of the others as I picked it once I found I was not alone in the world like this. That is when I joined this site. I closed my eyes and came up with it. Helps to project the image that I'm going for.....

Nice topic. Thanks.

Renne.....

My granddaughter named me Princess Grandpa one day while we were playing one day. This was some time before I discovered that I enjoy dressing like a woman. When I realized this was something I needed, I found this site and this user ID just made sense. Going out and about it became obvious I needed a femme name. My wife helped me to choose Rita.

Hug
    Rita
    A person should wear what he likes to. And not just what other folks say. A person should be who she likes to. A person's a person that way!
    ~Marlo Thomas~

Aspiring Member
    Abby is my nickname in male mode. The moniker comes from the Mel Brooks movie, Young Frankenstein.

I couldn't see myself walk into a restaurant and say reservation for Dick (Richard in full length) when I am dressed as a woman. Made no sense to me then and still doesn't. Hell, I go to all this trouble to get the right clothes, undergarments to create a feminine figure, accessories to complete the picture, nice wig, etc. and then I want to introduce myself as a guy with a male name. No way, Jose. As I said it makes no sense to me when one does not want one. Each to their own, but I am Allie when dressed as a woman.