Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Another question for those who use a female name here

I chose a female name when joining this forum. I hadn't had one before, but thought if I wanted to participate it would be more as my femme side. She never had a name before, and I haven't made it out of the house yet so I never needed one.

Kitty

I picked a female name because it was awkward being called by my male name when I was presenting female. Kind of broke the illusion.

Recently, I changed my female name to one I like much better (Dianne) and it's starting to grow on me... I really feel like "Dianne" sometimes.

Aspiring Member
    I chose a female name since when I dress I become the character I am dressing as, whether it's a costume character ( male or female0 or I am simply dressed as a woman.

Since this forum deals with our feminine side it is quite appropriate to have a female name.

I would feel quite awkward using a male name in this forum.

My given name was supposed to be Christian.
    But somehow it ended up being spelled Christen on my birth certificate.
    No body even noticed until I went to get my concealed carry permit.
    That was after I had spent six years in the Navy.
    My wife decide it should be spelled Krysten.
    She has never called me anything other then that.

Cheyenne was the name I choose for my first horse I bought when I was 13 years old he was so beautiful.. he touched my soul, became part of me.. just as she is part of me.. so Cheyenne seemed fitting..

the last name Hyde (MssHyde is from Dr Jekyll Mr Hyde this was before the Dr Jekyll Ms Hyde movie came out..

I thought the hide (hyde) name was fitting too.
    Carpe Noctem

Cheyenne Hyde

"You may never exceed, your own expectations, of yourself"

http://s46.photobucket.com/user/MsHyde2u/library/
    (the password is feminine)

At first, I just picked an actual name because I that was what most of the other crossdressers on the internet seemed to be doing. Having an actual name seemed more personal and less clinical than going around being called "NylonPrincess," which was actually my first online handle that represented this part of me in any way. At that time, it made me feel more authentic, and as someone who really only dressed in L'Eggs and lipstick and an occasional pair of heels, I was desperately in need of authenticity.

As I began to present more fully, I switched names a couple of times, but it was all really more for the convenience of people I didn't know than anything else. My enthusiastic ex wife called me by my given name when dressed. Because I was never really attached to any of those names, they changed periodically through the years. They were all culled from women I had known and admired in real life. They all felt borrowed.

Now I've settled on on that is unique, and is meaningful to me. Still, I feel it's more for the convenience of others. My friends who knew me before they knew that I crossdressed still call me by my given name when I'm dressed. I prefer it that way, because that's ultimately who I am. The general population gets introduced to Gemina and come to know me that way.
    "She ain't waiting 'til she gets older, her feet are makin' tracks in the winter snow.
    She got a rainbow that touches her shoulder, she be headed where the thunder rolls."

-Van Halen, "Secrets"

I had to pick a user name. My better judgement told me "Budweiser Bob" might not be a good choice.

When I started, maybe because I started late, I really did not have a lot of angst about dressing. I recognized that dressing made me happy, gave me a sense of balance, and I just had to be wise enough to explore and accept it as part of me. Sophie is a form of Sophia, Greek for wisdom. Yang is the male component of Yin and Yang which better describes me than the female component, the Yin. Mei is Chinese for beautiful.

Reality Check
    I picked a female name because it seem wrong to slap on a wig and boobs and be named "Bill", "Bob or "Homer".

Aspiring Member
    I chose Seana when I first began interacting with other CDers. It was more for the comfort of others than myself.

I have always maintained that I am 1 person not 2. Sometime I just look completely different.

You may call me either Sean or Seana

Just don't call me later for Supper!!

My first experiences with the CD community lead me to see this was a somewhat important part of the CD sub-culture. The Pagan religious community, especially Wicca, has a sub-cultural/religious element to choose what is known as a magickal name. This name is found through spiritual experiences and is used to also identify oneself as Pagan as well as provide some level of anonymity if desired. Of course there are those that don't choose one. Being Pagan myself I never choose one, but it was largely as I felt outside Wicca's subculture.

To me here it functions in the same way, it validates one's cross dressing identity, it is found/chosen to communicate the CD's feminine gender expression/identity, and provides anonymity to those that desire it.

I choose Kylee in that same fashion in the reasons I listed above.
    Smi mens jernet er varmt.
    "Don't laugh just cause my bra's stuffed with socks!"
    ♫ "I'm your ch-ch-ch-ch-CHERRY BOMB!" ♫

I choose to use the name of this beautiful girl I new in school

I actually should of chosen a female name when I first created an account. If I could change my username I would change it to Kira.

Why? because there is nothing dumber than seeing a hot chick named Fred!

I never thought of not using a female name here. Even elsewhere on the internet my usernames range from androgynous to girly depending on what I could get away with.

Though I didn't want to use my normal online handle here for obvious reasons and I had been waiting a long time to use "Kaze"(kass-ie). Ive always love the name "Cassie" anyways.

I like having the different names since they represent both sides of who I am. Male and female.
    You Don't Have To Be Female To Enjoy Being A Woman

My first name has a widely used feminine spelling by adding two letters at the end. It feels natural to use it to address my feminine side.

Banned Read only
    For this site I wanted a derivation on a classic name. Ophelia was a beautiful innocent girl driven mad by Hamlet. I misspelled Opheliac, as in hypocondriac, and ended up with just Ophelia.
    When I go for a makeup/hair I ask the artist to choose an name and I use it for the day!
    Last edited by ophelia; 09-06-2014 at 09:58 AM.

For starters, there was no way I was going to put my real name on here. Don't get me wrong, I am glad I found everyone here, but I don't desire to meet outside of this forum. When I saw that the only personal info required for signing up was my bday, I tried to think of a name that represented these other feelings I had to bring me here. I also wanted something that sounded real to me, who I could feel comfortable with. SO referred to me as TJ after reading my posts. I think it will stick for now.

Since I identify as female as well as male, it just makes sense that I would use a feminine name when using a CD forum. I mean, using a male name while posting here would be just weird - and I don't do anything weird.

Choosing a feminine name seemed to be the normal action on this forum, and it gave me the personal, internal permission to interact as a woman, so I chose MsVal.
    Why MsVal?
    I would be more likely to respond to MsVal in a spoken conversation because it is very close to my real name.

The Mad Scientist
    Actually, my SO and I were talking about how I identified as female and she happened to ask that she read in a book where some that CD with GD often have a female name.
    I immediately told her I had always thought of myself internally as Wendy and the rest is history.

Living in a house with kids it's funny to have items marked with a "W" since that doesn't match any initials of those who live here (or so they think)

For me my fem side is like a whole separate person so she needs her own name.
    After every purge I some what reinvented that person with a new name and all!

Luv doing girl stuff CherylFlint's Avatar
    The first time I used a female name was when I ordered a skirt, a blouse and a bra from JC Penny that I was to pickup at the store. So I drop-off my “Pick-up” notice and take a number. Little while later this woman calls out, “Cheryl Flint, skirt, blouse and bra, window 3”.
    I was embarrassed and the woman was sure surprised to see a guy standing there with the right number.
    There’s not many things I buy online, but when I do I use my female name. To me, it just seems to make proper sense.
    Cheryl has her own closet, no men stuff. Likewise, all my drab stuff is separate, even in another room entirely. The second bedroom is Cheryl’s.
    Sounds crazy but makes perfect sense to me.

Though I was using Sara, my best friend helped me with the name I'll be using from here on out and have been using on my online stuff...Alexis Jade Caffrey...but everyone can call me A.J.