Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another question for those who don't use a female name here

Banned Read only

Another question for those who don't use a female name here

WHY don't you have a FEmale name?

I simply don't have any need for one although one of the GGs tried to give me one the first 18 months I was here. She WAS persistent so I have to give her credit for that.

So...you folks W/O female names. Any second thoughts? Any of you wish you had chosen one at the start but too late to change it now?

Or ... no regrets and perfectly fine with your original choice?

If I could input my two cents, I tend to take a male name as a clue (not so much here, more in real life) about whether the person wants to be addressed as he or she.

My wife and I discussed it, she decided she will only call me by my male name, I think the idea scared her a little, but I do kinda want a female name to use for playtime, but I can wait until the right time and the right name comes to mind.

I'm not that mad keen on my handle now, but no, never considered a female name. I don't consider myself female,transgender, or even a crossdresser in my own head.
    "Normal is what you get when you average out the weirdness that everybody has." Quote from my SO

Normal is a setting on a washing machine, or another word for average.

The fact that I wear a skirt as a male should not be taken as a comment on what you do, or do not wear, or how you wear it.

I love the clothes. I love the way I feel when dressed, I think it gives me a kinder, more gentle and accepting perspective than I am allowed when not dressed. I think I like emulating a female version of me, but in the final analysis I am a male. AND I am happy with being one. I am tickled with what I feel and how I seem to act when dressed to the nines, but have never had a desire to be called by anything other than my own name. My SO uses the same terms of endearment when she addresses me when I'm dressed as she does when I am in drab, and that's all I need. We have discussed a female name for the female part of me, and I have come to the conclusion that I don't need a different name when dressed. I'm still me, which seems to suit both my SO and me just fine.

However, I can see the point made by Andy66, and if we (my SO and I) begin to socialize in large groups in public rather than the small groups of friends at home we're used to, having a female name may make it easier on the others to choose the 'correct' pronoun based on my presentation when referring to me. I guess I'll figure that one out if or when the need arises.

I dunno. I'm not playing dress-up, not in a costume. I'm just wearing other clothes that I like and weren't meant for my body. It's still me.

I chose the feminine version of my name, the catch is its pronounced the same way as my actual name but spelled different. Essentially I didn't choose a seperate name for when I'm dressed up because I have no need for a different name.

...Or were you referring to the handle used on the board? If that's the case, I've used this name for the better part of 15 years in one form or another and have no desire to come up with a different one. I'm lazy like that.
    Last edited by geek; 06-17-2014 at 01:03 AM.
    Most any thing I post is from my phone, this is why my answers are short and also why I don't post all to often.

Banned Read only
    I've only adopted the name to register on the forum, but I'm sailing close to the wind because it is a FEmale name and also the name of an ex GF ! I'm sticking with it now because I'm use to it and like it !

Hell-o Wild, I do have a femme name, and I know you are aware of it.
    Some here may not though, Hell on Heels is my profile title, those that get to know me
    will find I prefer to be referred to as Kristyn. Both names came into being about the same as when I joined the forum.
    I'd be interested in hearing the name your GG friend had selected for you, and if you considered that one you have thought of others, what might they be?
    Care to share?
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

Not understanding why you would need a "female" name to be here. Sounds stereotypical to me. There are many famous females out there in the world with "traditional" male names. In the end we are remembered by what we do, not our name so much.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

...Because it is my online persona on several boards.

Not that I don't have one, my wife calls "her" Kitty.

Kitty gets interesting mail & catalogs....

- MM
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

I have not had need for a female name as I am male. However, I realize as I go out an about, I may need to have a moniker for my female side.

Platinum Member
    Hi WAH, I needed a name when I registered here and I didn't want anything
    that had any connection to anyone past or present in my life,
    So I thought long and hard and came up with Blue Orchid
    Blue is my favorite color and an Orchid is my favorite flower.

I guess that Orchid could be a feminine name.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Simone was my Greatgrandmother's name. I chose this name in honor of her, so I have no regrets. I love my FEmale name.
    Kisses, Simone.

I used my first initial and last name and state I'm from. I guess after lurking for a while I realized who and what I am ( a guy that likes wearing ladies clothes. No make up or wig) and am not hiding anymore. Also I used this before and if my wife finds me on this by snooping she can figure my user name and password so she can see I've done nothing illicit or immoral. She does know and accept my cd but always thinking I'm doing more.

My male name is Jessie and James is my surname it's the name I was christened with, I get called "Jess or JJ" for short, it would normally be spelt "Jesse" for a boy but I prefer the female spelling "Jessie".... I love my name and thank my mum for giving it to me as I was her last attempt at a girl lol had I of been a girl then I would of been called Jessica, but Jessie I'm happy with and it's cool it can be used for both boys and girls, as a crossdresser my aim has never been to split off into 2 personalities / 2 people because I'm just a very girly guy and dress as a girl all the time so I'm just...well....me!, funnily enough my bf asked me why crossdressers give them selves female names and I couldn't answer it, i think he just found it odd that we use female names when we are clearly guys.

Aspiring Member
    When I cross-dress I feel as if I am in contact with a female, but I do NOT feel like I have turned into a female. I feel like I am the same person. A skirt doesn't have any magical powers which transforms my personality. I still feel like a man, just a man wearing a skirt. So I never thought I needed a female name.

I believe that our brains are hard-wired to interpret cross-dressing as actual contact with a female, and that causes our brain to release a host of neurotransmitters which produce the good feelings. When we get that contact with a female message then we must either internalize or externalize it. If you internalize the message then you believe you have a female side within. If you externalize the message then respond as if the female is somehow outside of yourself. I externalize the "contact with a female' message.

Every morning, when enjoying coffee with my SO, I am dressed en femme. During that time, my SO refers to me by my "femme" name, almost in the 3rd person.... and I do the same. Frankly, I like that, as it puts a bit of distance between my "real" self, and "who I am" whilest dressed.....

I've thought about it, but I've never run across another name that fit. I feel like the name I was given is the one that suits me best.

I feel like my handle here is a more accurate representation of who I am than any other name I could have chosen.

For me it is because I am all male, but I like woman's shoes and clothing. No desire to be a woman, so no need for a female name.

Hi Wild. I don't need a female name because as I recently commented in the thread about "Feeling Feminine", I really don't feel (or want to feel) like a woman. I just want to look and dress like one. I think some members may perceive my screen name as feminine, and that's fine, but "Shibumi" is the title of a favorite spy novel. Loosely translated from Japanese, it means a state of effortless grace. Kind of corny now that I think of it, since effortless grace is the last thing I achieve after lacing myself sweatily into a corset to mold my man bulk into a dress or skirt. Though when I see my legs in hose and heels, I have a momentary glimpse of that grace.

Take care,

Shibumi

My wife calls me Jackie she is not that keen on Laura but I have had that name since I started dressing. She likes Jackie because she can call me that in public and nobody knows our secret.

I've never been good at role playing, aka, taking on a different persona. I am me, and weather i am in male or female clothing, I'm still me. (just prettier in female clothing) So i guess I don't feel the need to differentiate between clothing............

When I first signed up here (long ago!) I was in the closet and literally had a "secret drawer" where half my life was stowed away. Years later I have slowly gotten to the point where I am in the open about who I am to most (but for a select specific group) of people. So my handle here "secret drawer," does not actually fit anymore, but its no matter to me. I have a strange relationship to my male name and probably names in general: I use names as reference points to recall what a specific person said or did, but I don't assign much weight to anyones, including my own, name outside of that.

I kind of adopted a female name here because everyone else did. Which really is kind of odd, because i'd gone the first half century of my life just being myself. And maybe it was because I don't interact with anyone else when I'm dressed as a girl, that i don't feel the need to refer to myself in the third person, and don't feel the need to distance myself from all the female feelings and behavior that feels normal to me, by pretending that it's not a part of who I am. I don't feel that 'Lexi' is a female side of me. It's all me, all the time.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.