Thread: Guilty pleasures. What masculine things do you like as a female

Guilty pleasures. What masculine things do you like as a female

I love classic heavy metal and punk music - not normally associated with being female

I love extreme horror films - not normally associated with being female

What things that are not normally associated with being female do you still like?
    People try to put us down
    Just because we get around

Sorry to be rude, but aren't those masc/fem distinctions a bit silly these days?

Also, as an avid old punk rocker I can tell you that the scene is open to ALL. You will find men, women and lots of people in between at shows here in Philly.

Best,
    SS

PS - another thing about the punk scene is that nothing is more punk than being yourself, gender included
    Last edited by skirtsuit; 06-19-2014 at 08:36 AM.

My GG "Big Sister" got my mind right when she commented that she is a former Navy corpsman, a pistol instructor, practices dressage riding, studied several Japanese weapon forms (I was her instructor)...
    Woman doesn't necessarily equal "prissy"

Banned Read only
    A large cold beer in an iced glass ! Listening to my old vinyls which the wife hates ! Mowing the lawn might be fun !

I still like every thing I do not associated with being female, but on the other hand I have adopted some non male pleasures i.e. femme clothing, hair, nails, attitude, etc...

Offhand I'd say burping, slugging down beers, playing poker and see-gars.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

The really bad one for me is peeing standing up. I just find it so much more comfortable...

Seems like thin ice lately with any mention of male, female..... Yes in today's world both genders can and do just about anything..... I would offer that I have been dressed watching football drinking beer out of a can, and because of that, would make frequent trips to the bathroom. click click click with 4" heels and peed while standing. I had to adjust my aim.....
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

I like to look pretty Prissy Linda's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rachael.davis View Post
    My GG "Big Sister" got my mind right when she commented that she is a former Navy corpsman, a pistol instructor, practices dressage riding, studied several Japanese weapon forms (I was her instructor)...
    Woman doesn't necessarily equal "prissy"
    heyyy, i resemble that remark.

Prissy Linda

Smoking cigars.

I have a female friend who believes that the only reason men smoke cigars is to irritate women.

Not true! I smoke cigars, and it doesn't irritate me at all!

I'm not sure that "working out" would be considered a masculine thing at all, as at least as many gg's work out as men. However, I would love to go for a run in a tank top, jogging skirt and feminine running shoes.

I was going to say hunting and fishing but now my wife fishes as much as I and wants to start hunting. What's going on with women today enjoying all of the guy things.....

I think that if you reflect on it a bit, you will find that most folks like people who like what they like. The guys I know love a girl who likes sports, who don't mind getting dirty having fun, and are strong & confident. Most girls I know appreciate a guy who understands what being 'classy' is, who appreciate pretty things, and isn't afraid to show some feelings.

Those things, while statistically gender-linked, are not exclusive. People like people who *get* them.

<3

- MM
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

As a couple of others mentioned, I watch football dressed fem sometimes, and I get just as rowdy as I do when watching en drab.

Platinum Member
    Hi Susan, I like having the best of both worlds.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE ORCHID View Post
    Hi Susan, I like having the best of both worlds.
    Yes, it is true. I want best of both the worlds. That's why I am not going for SRS.

Quote Originally Posted by susan jackson View Post
    I love classic heavy metal and punk music - not normally associated with being female. I love extreme horror films - not normally associated with being female. What things that are not normally associated with being female do you still like?
    Umm, have you ever looked around when you go to heavy metal & punk concerts (or maybe you mean you don't see women cruising around with their car windows open, playing their music at top decibels annoying the entire surrounding mile of people, well yes, that's a distinctly male stupidity more likely to scream to the world about what an asshole they are)??? Or at a movie theater playing horror films? There are lots of women there.

Now then, how often do you meet a woman who likes The Three Stooges? I have yet to meet one. That seems to be a very male behavior, and I admit to watching a few stooges marathons while entirely dressed as a girl.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

For me, its more...what feminine things do you like as a male...LOTS.

Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post
    Umm, have you ever looked around when you go to heavy metal & punk concerts (or maybe you mean you don't see women cruising around with their car windows open, playing their music at top decibels annoying the entire surrounding mile of people, well yes, that's a distinctly male stupidity more likely to scream to the world about what an asshole they are)??? Or at a movie theater playing horror films? There are lots of women there.

Now then, how often do you meet a woman who likes The Three Stooges? I have yet to meet one. That seems to be a very male behavior, and I admit to watching a few stooges marathons while entirely dressed as a girl.
    Watching Three Stooges marathons while dressed? Watching football in 4-inch heels?

Seriously. This Place Is Awesome!
    Last edited by Katey888; 06-20-2014 at 08:41 AM. Reason: Consecutive posts merged - please use edit to add to existing post rather than adding a successive post...

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    hmmm....I LOVE watching sports....but there are gg's who love that too....have you seen the hotties at Yankee and knicks games?? The hottie level is really high at Knicks games...and i have seen a few jaw droppers at Jet games too...

Model building. I'm heavy into Sci-Fi ships like Star Trek, BSG and Space 1999. Tonight in fact, I was painting my USS Reliant while dressed.

I just adopted dresses as a form of presentation.
    I can still do girl watching in a dress and no one calls me a dirty old man any more.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Skydiving, but a pretty girl with lots of jumps introduced me to the sport
    Scuba diving - ex wife also liked it
    Horse riding - ex GF got me involved
    Motor racing - but sister has faster car

Cooking - that works in my house of 5 females - non of them cook
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar
    Skydiving, watching football, collecting various types of weaponry, hunting, fishing, woodworking.

I kinda giggled when I read your poet because I am a GG and I love doing "guy" things like fishing, hunting, and camping. Also in our house I am usually the bug killer. I agree with many others here that say that the boundaries between what is a girl thinking and what is a guy thing are really blurring these days. I do what I like to do regardless of what other's think.