Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Yet another name question

Mine starts with the same letter as my male name, but my male name isn't Mike, Michael, or any of it's derivatives.
    I've finally mastered the art of making salads. My favorite is a delicious Mediterranean salad.

not even close , Roxie is a much better name than my real one

My fem name has no connection with my actual male name. My name means lady with beautiful smile. I chose the name because I was more beautiful than my sisters when I crossdressed and my smile is beautiful.

I switched two letters around.

Dianne starts with the same letter as my male name, but that's it. There's no other connection and the names mean completely different things.

Ya, I would have had to add the a to Robert but Nancie with the (ie) instead of the Y just seems a little sexier. Besides it kind of is after a lady I know and I think she is pretty hot for her age.

I picked the name of the first girl I ever kissed. Something like 35 years ago... She probably doesn't even remember me. Last time we talked was something like 34 years ago. Wonder what she would think of me using her name?
    A side question... do many of you every just pick or switch to another name? I'm not sure about mine but, honestly I'm not sure what would feel right.

Every body else adopted Bev. and that goes fine with me both ways.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I'm not too big on being a Charlene or a Charlotte but then I found the rare short form Charla. Yes, it's a feminization of my real name.
    For years I hoped I was just a CDer but now I realize I am transgender and that's alright.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Gambrell View Post
    How many CDs here who go by a female name have chosen one that's a version of your male name?
    I did: Michael became Miki. I am not sure I even considered anything other than a derivative of Michael (Michaela, Michelle...or, even leave it as Michael, which is a somewhat popular girl's name).

I am not prepared to give me past as a male, simply to go on as a woman.
    When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks.

Gone to live my life
    Hey there. While there is a few female versions of my male name I went with a completely different female name. Never really liked my guy name as I didn't get to pick it. So when Isha made her appearance I got to pick her name.

Hugs

Isha

A side question... do many of you every just pick or switch to another name? I'm not sure about mine but, honestly I'm not sure what would feel right.
    That's what is great about this. You can change your name anytime you want.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

As I explained in the other thread I don't really like my male name although it's easily turned feminine. Some friends affectionally add an 'ly' to my name which I do like. But I went for Marie and I believe if was born female. I would probably have been called either that or Mary.

I chose the female version of the male name that I would have chosen for myself had I the chance to do so. I've always like the name Alex, as well as Alexander. So Alexandra, or Lexi, just feels right. I've never liked my real male name, and the nickname for it is what the guy who molested me called me, so I don't like that either. I only keep my given name for legal reasons regarding my licenses, my degrees, and my power of attorney regarding my parents to avoid any complications. When my parents are both deceased, I plan to legally change my name.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

When I was growing up there were lots of people who would just call me J which is my first initial, so I just expanded on a femme version of that. I've thought about using Sonja once in a while, but I just don't see the need to change my name after all of these years of using the one I've already picked.
    Tongue-tied and twisted, just an earth-bound misfit, I.

Little Mrs. Snarky! Nadine Spirit's Avatar
    My name is not even close to me legal name. I wanted something totally different.

I did try out two others. The first one I had for awhile, but it wasn't right. The second one I tried for a bit, it was based on my legal name, but I just couldn't stand it. I actually don't really like my male name and found it to be fun to be able to pick my own female name.

A lot of thought went into mine - Not close to me male name - Just liked it

Hugs
    Valerie

No - not me - though it turns out that Judith is what my parents would have called me if I had been born as a GG.

Yes from me. Christen is a femme version of my real name.
    “Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing
    and rightdoing there is a field.
    I'll meet you there.” - Rumi.

I traded in a B from my male name for a J which gave me my female name.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Not Katey....

Other than the first letter and I like Ks - Ks are relatively uncommon... and there are some great Kates around...

But Victoria is the female version of my middle name... and I've known some great Vickys... so Katey Victoria by choice...

As for Katey Victoria Beckham Kensington Winslet III....? That's just my pedigree show name for Crufts... <woof>

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

My names are unrelated... i'm not even sure there exists a female version of my birth name.
    I may have ended up using one of the names my parents would have used if I were a girl but somehow I have exes with both of those names so maybe not.

My name came from....my....Mum! Jessie is my real name and is a girls name as well, I get call Jess by my Mum and Dad and my bf, everyone else calles me JJ, what I use on the forum though I modified it a bit, taking "Cross" from crossdresser and joined it up with Jess because Jess sounds like dress "Crossdress" = CrossJess
    Last edited by CrossJess; 06-23-2014 at 06:26 AM.

Nothing remotely close to my given name. Renee just seemed like a good match when I looked in the mirror en femme one day. Elise was a potential name had I been born a girl.

Hi,

Noel or no-el to noeleena .and edward to edwina. last name the same Loch-head. I do have two more name's that are closer to my background from Prussia

Noel is also male and female so im covered, ether way.

...noeleena...