Thread: First Time Out and About

First Time Out and About

Hi ladies!! I've been out once, but it was a disaster, to me. However, I know some of you had a wonderful first outing. I would like to hear some of your stories. Maybe tell where you went, who went with you, what you did. I think you get the idea. I can't wait to hear!!

Muah!

Banned Read only
    Farrah, my first time out where I had to interact with the normals was about three years ago with two members from this site (Allie and Rachael). We went to dinner in San Francisco and had a great, "normal" time. Once I left my hotel room and got in the elevator, I actually relaxed quite a bit and once out on the street, kind of forgot that I was dressed most of the time. It was a really interesting experience.
    Last edited by Jenniferathome; 06-24-2014 at 09:35 PM.

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    Farrah, I posted about my first time out here. I had a wonderful time! I was accompanied by an experienced friend in a T-friendly environment, but as a closeted dresser, I was still very nervous. I think the evening went better than I could have imagined, thought it would have helped if I had been able to stop sweating all my makeup off before I could finish putting it on Hope your next time out goes smoothly

My first outing was when I was 19 years old (with a killer body shape... only 125lbs) and I dressed as a woman for Halloween, it was kind of my re-awakening from suppressing my urge to dress from when i was really young... That doesn't really count though since it was Halloween and we all get a by on that day but it did give me some level of confidence that I passes as a few guys got a shock when they tried to hit on me at the college Halloween parties.

My "official" first time out was nerve racking as I was out of town for a business conference in LA (I want to say about 5 years ago? maybe longer... I was in my early thirties then) I spent 2 hours on my makeup and form to make sure I looked as passable as possible and I went to my conference... I remember the level of fear I had just going outside of my hotel door... Then to top that, I walked to the bus stop, waited for the bug, took the bus to the conference then walked around the conference as a woman... I felt confidence when a few guys hit on me but I did notice some women giving me a double take or looking at me oddly. That did not bother me too much. I remember the rush and thrill and excitement of actually being out and about but I was too shy and made only minimal human contact... spoke quietly and didn't look anyone in the eye.

Fast forward to today (I know this is about our first times but I wanted to show progress) I want to the same conference, dressed up like a gal (see below) and had normal human interaction, walked around, chattered with people, hung out with friends, went out to dinner, etc... did everything a normal gal would do on a business trip... While I no longer feel the high excitement/anxiety I did as my first time, it feels wonderful to actually be out and about as how I truly feel

20140610_122842.jpg 20140610_123023_500.jpg

Hi Farrah,

As part of us telling you about our successes, which really have become non-success stories to us that go out regularly, could you please share some of the details of your non-successful outing, what happened and how did you feel? My first time out was into San Francisco, what better place to start, right?!We went to a little very casual restaurant to eat and I got there early with a friend of mine from here. Then we went to Diva's a fairly well known "T" bar, which was really slow that night. So, we didn't even stay and went to a corner bar across the street and had a wonderful time. There were 3 of us all from this site. We talked among ourselves with my friends teaching me to walk correctly and me practicing walking around the bar, and I spent some time just talking with the female bar tender. No down moments except maybe when my ankle turned in the low heels that I was wearing. That was probably me first lesson from the evening. Learn to walk steadily and carefully in heels on bad city sidewalks and when stepping off curbs, and the second one was to dress warmly for the colder and sometimes breezy San Francisco evenings.

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    Congrats on making outside in the real world. One day I will venture out again. I've only been out once, but no one actually saw me as I was the just a passenger in the car. My wife was the driver. Based upon how I looked at that time (7 years ago, and very much a guy in a dress still at that time) it was probably a good thing I did not have contact with anyone.
    [SIZE="3"]MUSCULAR GIRLS ARE PRETTY!!![/SIZE]

Current Inspirational Song-"Running Free"- Kissin Dynamite

M-E-A-T, M-A-C-H-I-N-E, MEAT MACHINE!, MEAT MACHINE!!!
    The Governor for President 2016!!
    All I want for Christmas is an Anita Model Synth

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    My first time out in a real public place (not counting the post office late at night with no one around) was to a department store one evening. I made the mistake of wearing a pair of six inch heels, with two inch platform, though they're gorgeous.
    I drove there in ballet-flats. Once inside I walked straight to the women's shoes to try some on. The mistake with the heels I wore was that they, though I did not look at anyone to verify, probably drew attention to me. That and I had to concentrate more on walking in them, though I am experienced in walking in such heels from wearing them in private for years. The shoe department, luckily, was not far from the entrance at all. Overall it was a great experience.
    Since then I have just worn ballet-flats out or lower heels and have walked further into more department stores.
    Hope your next time out goes great.

First time out, gee that was a long time ago, and I haven't been out since. I was fifteen and for some strange reason decided that it would be a good idea to skip school (again), dress up and take my sister's scooter for a ride. I rode for an hour maybe two, stopping here and there to have a break. On the way home dropped in to a local store and bought something to eat, no second looks, then on back home. I was walking to the front door when my friend from school rode in the driveway on his bicycle. Oh, Sh...t, couldn't run, so I sort of waved. He asked if I was at home as I wasn't at school. I told him that I wasn't well and was staying at a relatives for the day. He said, 'No worries, tell him I called.' The next day at school he tells me he met my sister.
    The really stupid thing about this outing was that I didn't have a licence, which ran clearly through my head when I locked up the brakes in traffic. Goodness knows what I was thinking.
    “Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing
    and rightdoing there is a field.
    I'll meet you there.” - Rumi.

Gone to live my life
    Hi Farrah. My first time out did not go well. Nothing serious just a few knuckle draggers who spoiled what could have been a good experience. I have been out dozens of time since then with little or no incidents. So I chalk my first outing as a learning experience.

Hugs

Isha

Gold Member
    Hi Farah. My very first time out was at the Be-All Conference here in Chicago in 2009. I really had no intention of attending, but my good friend, Jenee Davis, convinced me that I would have a great time......she was right! Even tho I was very nervous at first, I had a blast. Didn't want it to end. I would say, that if you really want to have a positive experience, attend a conference such as Be-All or SCC in Atlanta. I guarantee you will have a memorable time. The photo is of me at this event.

IMG_6772 copy.jpg
    Last edited by Miranda09; 06-24-2014 at 09:37 PM.

I walked around in a dress at eleven o'clock at night. I was nine years old and alone.

I went Saturday morning shopping with my girlfriends nine years later.

Now that was an entirely different experience.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I guess the first time I was out was at the Maryland Renaissance Faire in 2007. I boldly went to the costume rental shop and told them I wanted to rent a wench costume. One of the girls laced up the cincher for me, and when I returned the costume, they all wanted to know how my day went. I did minimal makeup for "plausible deniability" in case I ran into someone I knew, because I certainly didn't pass

There must have been thousands of people at the Faire, but very few seened to pick up on the fact that I was a guy. A number of GGs did pick up on it, and almost universally gave me a big smile or congratulations.

I didn't get Ma'amed, but I did get a m'lady from the food vendor.

I did get a pic, but it's very analog. Maybe I should scan it in.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Quote Originally Posted by AllieSF View Post
    Hi Farrah,

As part of us telling you about our successes, which really have become non-success stories to us that go out regularly, could you please share some of the details of your non-successful outing, what happened and how did you feel? My first time out was into San Francisco, what better place to start, right?!We went to a little very casual restaurant to eat and I got there early with a friend of mine from here. Then we went to Diva's a fairly well known "T" bar, which was really slow that night. So, we didn't even stay and went to a corner bar across the street and had a wonderful time. There were 3 of us all from this site. We talked among ourselves with my friends teaching me to walk correctly and me practicing walking around the bar, and I spent some time just talking with the female bar tender. No down moments except maybe when my ankle turned in the low heels that I was wearing. That was probably me first lesson from the evening. Learn to walk steadily and carefully in heels on bad city sidewalks and when stepping off curbs, and the second one was to dress warmly for the colder and sometimes breezy San Francisco evenings.
    Well at first i was excited. I checked into my hotel room did my make up. I didnt have a lot of experience with makeup at this time. i also bought a different foundation, that I never tested. I wore a cute black pencil skirt with a black and purple top. I also wore off black pantyhose with black pumps. Anyway, I walked to the ice machine and back to my room, so far so good. It felt amazing. I was out in a skirt (my thoughts)!!! Ok, so I ventured out to the mall. I went in to Belk and looked at some bras and other lingerie. No real incident. One lady looked at me and spoke, somewhat. I left the store. My pumps were a little too big, so I took them off and walked to the car. That was a big mistake. I tore a run in my stockings. I checked the run, not too bad. Since my shoes were too big, I decided to go buy more at payless. When I walked in, I asked the associate could she tell i was a guy. Why? I don't know. She timidly nodded. Bummer. I quickly got the shoes and left and went back to my room. Ok, I realized it was disaster for several reasons. First, I did not have a purse. What woman walks around, the way I was dressed, without a bag. Secondly, when I look at old pictures, that wig looked terrible. It looked like a wig as well as a ferret. Lastly I did not prepare at ALL!!! I did not practice my walk, mannerisms, or anything. I did not wear a good girdle, waist cincher or corset. I also should've worn padded panties for feminine curves. Mostly, the lack of preparation was my downfall. For my next outing, I am preparing. I am practicing my makeup almost daily. I don't have heels yet, but I'm looking to get some so I can practice walking in them. I have studied videos on youtube to help with that. I am also shopping for a wig, a quality wig. I want a wig that doesnt look like a wig, if you know what i mean. That experience simply helped me prepare for the next one. I was upset about that experience, I purged...I haven't fully dress since then--about 5 years ago.

Thanks for the details Farrah. It may have seemed like a disaster to you, but then maybe it wasn't so bad after all. I say this because I go out a lot and sometimes after the fact, i.e. at home and taking everything off, I notice something that was not quite right, a rip in the skirt or blouse, a stain somewhere, whatever, that to those that notice may trigger some negative thought. However, lo and behold, I personally had a great time out with that obvious flaw for everyone to see but me. In my way of thinking, if I had fun with the flaw, then in reality the flaw meant nothing to me based on my lingering great good feelings when I got home. I would rather not know about it versus knowing and then maybe worrying about it during my time out. I have decided not to let those small things (small in the overall scheme of things) that may be noticed by others upset my special time out. I look in the mirror quickly before leaving the house, and from then on I have to live with what I am wearing and how I am presenting. So, what I am saying is that you actually sound like you had fun being out. That is a great attitude to have. We will probably never reach perfection, so, if that is imperative to our going out or not, then maybe we shouldn't go out. My priority is to go out, and I make sure I do that and accept less than perfection when necessary. I surely do not plan to stay in all the time while dressed up.

My first time was to a cd group party so I won't count that one. Next time was to the mall and I had a great time. My self confidence was high and I spent a few hours just roaming the mall. I even stopped at a convenience store on the way home to grab a sandwich.

The next time was a disaster. I had no confidence and only ended up being out a half an hour. I'm planning on going out again this coming week. Can't wait.