Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Advice - obsession?

Advice - obsession?

OK, I've long realized that for me cross dressing is all about the clothes - the more feminine the better. The same good feeling I get from dressing, I also get when my wife wears something I "approve" of (you know what I mean). Unfortunately, that doesn't happen often enough! My wife has great taste in clothes, but she doesn't take the "sexier" option very often.

Well, the other day I was sorting the clean laundry into piles, and I came across this great pair of patterned tights (a real weak spot for me). I've never seen them before, so she must've just got them and washed them right away. These are NOT the kind of thing she would normally wear, so I'm a little baffled. My mind keeps racing with the possibilities...

A) My birthday is coming up, and she's secretly planning to dress sexy for me, and these are part of the ensemble (not something she's done in a long time, so seems unlikely).
    B) She bought them for me (why would she wash them first? And I don't think she's aware of the extent of my "hobby.")
    C) They're for some costume or stage wear (she's in the arts). I pretty much know what she's got going on, and there's no performances or anything in the recent past or coming up she would need these for.

Now that I put them in her pile, she's put them away somewhere that I don't know, and I'm completely obsessing over this. I'm hoping for option A (although B would be perfectly acceptable ), but I have a feeling it's something I'm overlooking that has nothing to do with me and I'm getting all excited/worked up for nothing. I'm such a pessimist.

Should I just ask her about them? If it is meant to be a surprise, I don't want to spoil it, but why would she leave them hanging in the basement? On the other hand, the curiosity is killing me! Man, this obsession with female clothes can be a drag (no pun intended) sometimes.

Definitely don't ruin the surprise, the anticipation of which option she'll choose will be worth the wait. All seem like pretty good outcomes. And please do tell us which one she does choose.

Yeah i wouldn't go and ruin the surprise. Just let it go for now

I couldn't take it I would ask...lol not saying that is the thing to do just know me..

Remember curiosity killed the cat.

Just have patience and you may be equally disapointed when you do eventually find out the simple truth.

Push now and you may destroy a lovely surprise.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Thanks, all. That's what I've been thinking, too. I suppose my biggest fear is never finding out. I have this sneaking suspicion that this may just go unmentioned. Maybe I'll wait until a little bit after my birthday, and if I hear nothing, then ask.

"So honey, a couple of weeks ago I was folding laundry, and it just occurred to me that there was this sexy pair of tights. What was that all about?" Gee, that's not awkward at all...

Patience We all know how hard it is to wait but hold on and see where it might go

but let us know how it comes out also

Leann

Poker face.. don't show your cards until she does!

I'm a non-trusting SOB. Could be the Scorpio in me, or just me in general, but I couldn't let it go. I'd have to know. Then again, I've been cheated on. Then again, again, I have cheated. Not trying to influence anyone, just stating my stance/opinion. I would have to know...

Gone to live my life
    Hi Arianna. If it is truly a surprise for you a la scenario A or B be patient and enjoy it all the more. If it winds up C then enjoy your lovely wife's performance and admire the tights from afar.

Hugs

Isha

OK, so the birthday has come and gone, and...nothing. Not only that, the article in question seems to have disappeared. (I know, I'm snooping, but it's driving me crazy!).

What now? Do I ask about it? Now I'm freaked out that they're gone...sigh...options A, B, and C all seem to be false. And I can't believe she just decided to buy a part of lacey stockings just for the hell of it and hide them away somewhere.

Arianna - time for a casually interjected question sometime...

"Hey - I was sorting the washing the other day and I'm sure I saw you had new tights - did they come out of the wash OK...? Just wondering... sometimes they go baggy..."

What's the worst that can happen...?

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Banned Read only
    You're sure you haven't changed some medication and you dreamed the whole thing ?
    Something like that does drive you bananas ! You just can't shake the thought off !
    Perhaps you could try asking if your wife has seen those patterned tights you just bought ? Or easier still go and buy your own at least you'll know where they're kept !

M. Night Shamalamanana twist ending: They aren't hers either!
    REBEL WITHOUT A CLOSET!
    All trans* girls are NOT created equal. https://www.flickr.com/photos/emi_again/

Why not just go buy your own?

That way if they are not for you, you won't be let down and disappointed.

It should help relieve your obsessive behavior too.
    [SIZE="4"]Momarie[/SIZE]

Just realized: The possiblity of a wife keeping secrets from a cross-dressing husband is bothersome, yet... well, you know where I'm going with this.

Honestly, though. Yes, you are obsessed. This is too much brain power being spent on a lousy pair of tights.
    REBEL WITHOUT A CLOSET!
    All trans* girls are NOT created equal. https://www.flickr.com/photos/emi_again/

Your killing me with suspense, you better let us know as soon as you find out. Even better go ask her now. Then again one day I was cleaning a closet and found a few new pairs of pantyhose, when I asked her she told me she didn't want me to get a hold of them. I don't know why she was thinking that, it's not like I took any of her stuff before. LOL.
    Last edited by Maria 60; 07-02-2014 at 10:03 PM.

I strongly suspect if it was the other way around, she would ask you in a heartbeat.

Platinum Member
    The mind can play lots of tricks. Wishful thinking can lead you to compose entirely fanciful scenarios out of whole cloth.

Here is the best strategy. Say to yourself huh, those were cute and as suggested above, get yourself a matching set. Then just out it out of your mind.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Could she be trying something different for a change? Maybe she's changing her style and doesn't want you grabbing her new clothes. I can understand the obsession though. Tights are probably my favorite article of clothing to wear with an outfit.

Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    Here is the best strategy. Say to yourself huh, those were cute and as suggested above, get yourself a matching set. Then just out it out of your mind.
    Yeah, this seems to be the prevailing wisdom here...I guess there's a part of me that gets tired of having to fulfill my own clothing fantasies. Believe it or not, I was really hoping that they weren't for me, but that she was planning to wear them for me. It's been awhile since she's worn something more on the outrageous side of sexy for me, so it would've been nice. Now that they seem to have totally disappeared, it just gets kind of Twilight Zone-y.

This probably sounds like a horrible cliche, but I think the fact that my wife doesn't dress in things like that very often is what drives a lot of my dressing. I know that (in my brain) I've justified buying and wearing heels because she really can't, her feet are too messed up. I love heels so much that I can't bear the thought of not "experiencing" them, and if she can't wear then, I compensate by doing it myself. Does that make sense?

So, the long and short of it was I was hoping the pendulum was going to swing a little ways back toward the woman wearing the ultra-feminine things instead of me!

Thanks for all the responses...

Banned Read only
    They probably belong to her girlfriend.

Banned Read only
    Arianna,
    I can see where you're coming from with your comment ! I would hate to think I turned my wife into a frump through my CDing !
    She's just outed some really nice heels ! Size 8 male won't fit size 3 women's ! ( Dick Dastardly impression !!)
    I did comment on one pair I thought she shouldn't part with because you could wear them with so many things !
    I have never had that look from her before,! I'm still trying to interpret it !
    Last edited by Teresa; 07-03-2014 at 04:09 AM.

Platinum Member
    Hi Arianna, You missed your chance you should have asked when you first saw them.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

It sounds like you help with the laundry on some regular basis. Why couldn't you just have said that you noticed the tights and they're something you hadn't seen before and ask her where they came from?