Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Dog Days of.....Crossdressing?

The Dog Days of.....Crossdressing?

My dearest fellow crossdressers,

I come to you today in the spirit of utter and total defeat!

Has anyone ever stopped in their tracks while dressed up and been like:

"What the $@#* am I doing!"

It's the dog days of summer. and I am pretty much feeling like a rut.

I do remember the good times too, though. I just can't think of them today!

Yep I have wondered that very same thing. Here it is summer and I am wearing some panty hose that is hotter than heck. Been on the tractor and mowed grass all morning. Worn out and just stated to dress and realized how hot it is then saw your post. What the $@#* am I doing or thinking....
    Lol

Platinum Member
    That seems a common theme. I am sure each of us has had that moment. I seem to be well past that phase. I'm sure that it says something about ones degree of self acceptance.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Yeah, I often think to myself "Why on earth am I doing this?"

Then I put on my wig and breastforms and look at myself in the mirror. And the answer is self explanatory.

I used to I guess but then I figured I'd better get some ROI (return on investment) for all that feminine stuff I bought.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    dog days of summer ?? dont they start in late july, august?? ...well here anyway..I guess it depends on where you live...I know it gets pretty hot down south...but yea girl once the heat starts , it gets tough to dress...so....dress less...get naked...thankfully some gal pals tought me some great ways to keep your face from melting off in the summer heat...but yea either wear less clothes, or wear VERY light clothes for sure...maybe a shorter wig too...and yes the A.C is our best friend. I will take the summer heat over the cold anyday though. I have those wtf moments too.

Heck, I've experienced that in shorts and T-shirt, all male stuff. Many times!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!

It's moment's like these you need Minties.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    I have to admit I rarely dress and go out in the summer. Too hot for my stylr since I like to wear stockings or pantyhose, heels and dresses. Also, Wigs can get very hot as well. I pretty much dress September to the end of May. Also family obligations eat up lots of spare time between house repars, Grandchildren out of school, etc. Also, I like dresses when it's a bit chilly. But that's just me.

for whatever it's worth - waxed / shaved skin is a lot cooler than a bathmat of body hair, shorts or a skater skirt and a t are a lot cooler that men's work clothing, a sundress and sandals is way close to being nekked in public, and you have to be out of your mind to wear pantyhose in hot weather.
    This is kind of the first year I can remember enjoying summer.

Paula Young carries a line of "coolcap" wigs that are a lot more comfortable in this weather http://www.paulayoung.com/category/wigs/coolcap+wigs.do

Banned Read only
    Decades ago I lived on the hot humid east coast and suffered through summers with A/C. Now for the last three plus decades it's been in a locale where the overnight temps are in the fifties and the day time highs are usually in the seventies. I get in a rut from mid June to the first Wednesday after Labor Day because my wife is off from her job as a teacher. I bought two maxi sun dresses on sale at Sears, but, I'll have to wait until September to wear them all day. Maxi dresses are terrific for summer wear when hosiery may be oppressive in the heat. At my age all those spider veins are becoming more evident.

Was at a pool party in a really nice onepiece swimsuit talking and drinking wine with all the GG having a good time, Then it hit me What the &^% am i doing. I know the women at the party were having a good time and I was to talking and dancing just a good time. But it hit me like a brick I had to leave right away, Went home and was going to get rid of evething but I cumed down and just sat and cryed.

I have never had the "why am I doing this" moment. I have had the, I am not in the mood for it tonight on a night I usually dress.
    To address the weather related side. I have discover the joys of minimal clothing while dressed. I would wear thong panties and a skirt everyday. Guy or girl mode, if I could get away with it. How comfy and cool. With the makeup and the wig on, it can get a little warm, but it is worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor Ray View Post
    My dearest fellow crossdressers,

I come to you today in the spirit of utter and total defeat!

Has anyone ever stopped in their tracks while dressed up and been like:

"What the $@#* am I doing!"
    i totally understand, hang in there, i'm sure there are better days ahead.

does this attitude stop you from even attempting to dress? it has for me more than once.

The dog days of summer vary from place to place. In Vancouver or Seattle or London, they don't get the dog days of summer, rather they get a few nice days that are actually warm and sunny.

In the polar regions, the "dog days" mean when the ice caps melt for 1-2 months, which means temperatures of 35-40 degrees F. This usually happens around August or September.

In the northeast and midwest, it's usually July and August that constitute the dog days of summer. But it varies, I have seen dog days in late June in some years.

In the south, I'd imagine it being May/June through September/October.

Coastal cities in California really don't have many dog days of summer - a heat wave means it gets to 82 degrees with no humidity, and 90 degree days are exceptionally rare. Summer means 70 to 75 degree days, and winter means 65 to 70 degree days.

The inland areas are warm to hot from late April through October, but it's usually very dry and cools off at night. We do get our heat waves where it gets to be 95 to 105 degrees, but it's still always dry.

We Californians love to complain that we are sweltering in 85 degree dry weather, and freezing in 65 degree weather.

Palm Springs is a totally different story. It is hot, day and night, from May until October. 6 months of triple digit heat in the desert.

And I imagine some tropical places get 365 dog days of summer a year.

As far as the feeling of what the hell am I doing CDing, or now that I discovered that I am TS and transitioning, yes I have got those feelings too.

It is caused by guilt that we are doing something morally wrong. A feeling that we are some kind of abomination of God for being a gender variant. To make matters worse, it isn't just transphobia that causes this, but also sexism. I fought myself tooth and nail because I felt not only like a freak for being transgender, but that something was wrong with me because, according to society's perception, I am a man wanting to be a woman. And given male privileges, why in the hell would any man want to be a woman, even part time, with all the abuses that women take in our culture, and give up male privilege? Of course, we our powerless over our gender identity. But it seems like we can fight ourselves on both transphobia and sexism.

This thread also made me realize why the tech jobs are situated along the California coast, and in Seattle. Since there are a disproportionate amount of CDers in the tech field, and we CDers enjoy wearing stockings/pantyhose and wigs are a must, we chose to have our jobs in a climate where we can wear what we like to wear (hose) and need to wear (wigs) even during the dog days of summer. Yes, I'm pretty sure there are CDers who have started up tech companies on the west coast.
    Last edited by Michelle789; 06-26-2014 at 05:04 PM.
    I've finally mastered the art of making salads. My favorite is a delicious Mediterranean salad.

Quote Originally Posted by Adriana Moretti View Post
    thankfully some gal pals tought me some great ways to keep your face from melting off in the summer heat...
    Mind sharing the secret?

Gold Member
    Oh yeah. Happens all the time. When that pink fog suddenly lifts, I just go with flow saying to myself "Ok, that magic ain't there tonight!!" Go back to drab mode and continue on. Sometimes it's a real roller coaster ride tho!!!

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Heidi Stevens View Post
    If you live south of I-70 and east of I-35 in the U.S., you learn to live with the heat and humidity from May to October. Long dog days! You either dress for the climate or stay in the AC. So out comes the razor for sleeveless tops, shorts and light skirts. Unlike our sisters in northern or mountainous climes, you have to take things off to stay cool and that means you have to do your best to hide the flaws or aides to present as a woman. Forget panty hose and good luck keeping your makeup on in 90% humidity. Really makes you admire the GGs who manage to always look good in these conditions!
    I'm all the way at the East end of I-70 in Baltimore MD.and we sometimes have some of that 200 weather
    100 Degrees and 100 % humidity.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Silver Member
    No - I love to be dressed and do not second guess myself.

Maybe you need to try new looks, new styles, new clothes. Maybe you need new experiences when dressed. Go out - different places, different venues. Go sexy, go simple, go crossdressed-lite. Have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Angie Sweet View Post
    I have never had the "why am I doing this" moment. I have had the, I am not in the mood for it tonight on a night I usually dress.
    yup. Right there with ya. Never had the thought "what am I doing?" but sometimes even if the wife and I have planned for it that night, if it doesn't feel right, if the mood isn't quite right, if its rushed, I just don't wanna.

as far as heat/ humidity? It only makes the makeup a pain in the butt, doesn't change the mood much. ;-)

Oh yes. Can't even underdress in a bra or pantyhose. Even nylon panties are sticky.

Dog dats of summer......... I wear nothing but thongs!!! They keep me very cool.I don't know why I'm wearing skinny jeans right now but soon I'm gonna slip on some women's shorts or ankle jeans and walk down a shallow river that's in my back yard. I'll save the pantyhose for fall. :-)

For me CDing is about expressing who I am on the inside. I so I simply switch form pleather pumps to strappy sandals, I have girly shorts, T's and tanks, and sun dresses to.

Banned Read only
    Taylor for some reason I read and enjoyed Carolines 4days out story possibly because I could relate to the area in the UK she mentioned.
    Then after signing out I suddenly stopped relating to it and thought why would you want to do that and put yourself in that situation ?

Sometimes when I get the opportunity to dress I don't always take it but I don't often think WTF I don't need to do this ! Within a couple of hours I might just feel like putting a skirt on then totally dress or slip a nightie on and curl up in bed and read a book .
    As you all know the UK is more temperate but it's still nice to slip the denim mini on and Tshirt to take in the sun !!

So true!!! Living in Phoenix...the heat just zaps me of all my energy and desires. Wearing a wig is unbearable as well. Can't wait until the fall again!