Thread: Text message from my Father.

Text message from my Father.

I was sitting at my computer at home this morning and I got a text message from my Father "What's my lad up to ? "
    Well considering I was sat there wearing a short denim skirt , a patterned blue top, pink sandals , bright pink nail varnish and matching lip stick, a silver necklace and matching earrings,( he does know that I am a transvestite but chooses to ignore it )and being someone who doesn't tell lies I thought that on this occasion discretion would be the best, so I told him I was at work, I just wanted to share. xxx

It's a strange coincidence but my father passed away a year ago today - just reading your post made me realise how glad I am that he never asked me that sort of a question at a time when I might have had to answer truthfully... so I never had to lie to him, but I also would never have told him voluntarily either... I don't believe he would have understood...

Discretion can be the best thing sometimes, I fully agree... and if that makes me a coward, I don't care...

Thanks for sharing Sarah, my family were from Norfolk too...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Platinum Member
    Hi Sarah, Some times we just find ourselves between a rock and a hard place.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Platinum Member
    There is no hard place here. You were able to receive a pleasant note from your father and responded truthfully. Be grateful. As Katey observed, the time will come when that's no longer possible. I hope my kids enjoy hearing from me as much as I would love to hear from my father, now nearly 40 years departed from this mortal plane.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Gone to live my life
    Hi Sarah . . . I think you handled it admirably. Your dad knows and as you says he chooses to ignore so telling him you were at work was probably the best course of action.

Hugs

Isha

Yes when your parents fish like that it is good to be subtle.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I am ok with what you did - if I were only CDing, that would probably have my answer.

If I were in transition, I think I would take offense, gently, but let him know what's what!
    When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks.

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Hi Sarah,

I think it's nice that your dad knows and rather than let that knowledge destroy your relationship, he carries on regardless. My eldest son knows but currently chooses to just ignore it and acts like it was never stated. I think your act of discretion was the right one, no need to rub his nose in it.

Had this been my dad, he would never have spoken to me again if he knew I was a CD, but it would have been amusing to have told him exactly what I was doing if asked. Sad as it is, I don't miss him at all.

Oh and just to get my Norfolk connection in like Katey, my bank account is still in Wroxham after being based at Coltishall.

Rebecca
    Last edited by reb.femme; 06-27-2014 at 12:40 PM.
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Like your father, my father knew about my CDing, also. At least I'm pretty sure he did. He's deceased, also. I remember once when I was in my teens, I was sitting at the kitchen table and he was in the basement. I heard a "crunching" sound, like what you hear when you handle one of those plastic grocery bags from Kroger or the like. I had some stash clothes hidden in a bag under the seat of an old chair that was in the basement. I just knew that's what the sound was. He never said anything to me about it and I took that as he didn't want to know about it and wanted to just ignore it. Still, he was a great father and never let that poison the way he treated me. I doubt he would have understood or wanted to understand anything about CDing. He was from a different era. I really saw no reason to bring it up with him. If he would have initiated the conversation back then, I probably would have even denied it. I never saw any reason to rock his world with something like that.