Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you really want a feminine physique

I will add too that I did not get serious about weight loss, nutrition and general grooming and appearances until I decided to get serious about cross dressing. Otherwise I just didn't care about how I looked as a guy. Then again, cross dressing isn't about having fun for me. Yes, I enjoy it, but I enjoy what I'm doing in a skirt more. I like socializing with people shopping, seeing movies and generally living life while presenting myself as female. I truly believe that some of us straddle the line of transgender and crossdresser. Some people seem to think the lines are cut and dry and I can tell you without a doubt that they blur a lot more than you'd think, so it's not unreasonable for someone who's "just a crossdresser" to really, truly want a feminine physique, but not enough to make a full blow transition via HRT. This is where I believe some of us are able to make a "best shot" through exercise, diet and clothing choices.

Quote Originally Posted by ShelbyDawn View Post
    I agree that losing weight has nothing to do with being feminine. Heaven knows there are just as many overweight women in this world as there are men.
    I want to lose weight for two reasons; one, it is the healthy choice and two, I really want that cute summer jersey dress I just bought to fit better.
    Losing weight is a simple solution that can help female clothes look better on a male body.Smoke,mirrors,corsets,girdles and rubber bands are all nice for pictures but don't work so well on an everyday out basis.
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

I didn't really have much of a choice in that my mother always wanted a girl and dressed me at home and at 11 started giving me hormones, telling me they were vitamins. So I got the physique early on. Today I'm 5' 3" 128lbs. Looking back I'm thankful and bless her memory, for who I am and my physique.
    Last edited by wilt575; 06-28-2014 at 02:36 PM.

Charlotte Allison Morris NavyM2F_WAM's Avatar
    Yes, I absolutely want a feminine physique. Since I want to become a woman, that obviously comes with the territory.
    Charlotte

YES I do. And am working it, lossing wieght, again, and exersises to bulk up hips and thin waist. Would love to get facial and body surgery. Algoma
    "The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart." Helen Keller

Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post
    I couldn't disagree more. The vast majority of cross dressers are guys who occasionally cross dress. The minutes or hours spent cross dressed could be more convenient if our bodies matched some feminine ideal and it would certainly make passing in public easier, that is just a fantasy.

I firmly believe that it si the vocal minority here driving this misconception. Even the comments in this thread are directed towards "losing weight." That has nothing to do with "feminine."
    In my case, yes and no!
    I agree that a more feminine shape would be more convenient for the few occasions on which I'm in female mode. Would that same shape work for me in male mode? Probably not very well so yes, it's a fantasy.

But as for losing weight in order to achieve a more feminine presentation - in my case I think that it would actually help. The basic problem is that men and women accumulate excess mass in different places. In my case, the excess bulk accumulates mostly at tummy level thus accentuating the difference between my shape and any variety of "feminine" shape. If there was a little (OK - a LOT!) less flab getting in the way then then that difference would be reduced and corsets etc. would probably be more effective in moulding what remains into an approximately female shape (also less padding required to balance hips with top half). Also, the Judith that I see in the mirror would be a closer approximation to the image that I have in my head! So, for me, loosing weight, while it will not of itself produce a more feminine shape, does have the potential to enable the achievement (albeit with help) of a more acceptable (to me) presentation.

I would like to shape my waist a bit more. Whilst I don't look over weight I am carrying a little more around the girth than I would like. Not much I can do about the rest of the frame. I don't want to loose my masculine appearance. I work in a very masculine industry and my interests can be physically demanding.
    Damn! I broke a nail.
    Cheers
    Amanda

I don't say that I want a feminine physique or use hormones because I am mostly comfortable with the body I have. With that said though, I would like to lose some around the middle and around the thighs. It would be nice if I toned in a slightly feminine way (if I could lose some muscle mass in my calves because I think they are just way to big).

Quote Originally Posted by Saepe View Post
    Nothing wrong with a little progressive thinking, but you'd have to be blind to not see that women on average have wider hips, narrower waists and shoulders, slighter limbs, larger breasts, softer skin and rounder faces. Plus they tend to be shorter. It's not about being beautiful so much as normal, or average.

That was meant as a rhetorical question. I was trying to say that I think we're all a little too concerned with what men and women ought to look like.
    ~ GP

Aspiring Member
    In my early years I had very feminine features. When I started grade school and throughout I was called a sissy for it. I think if my mother had me let my hair grow out I'd have easily passed. That was many decades ago in the "dark ages" and I think it has formed who I am today. At my age today (61) I have the age related breast growth but have a tummy that needs to be flattened. With exercise I can do that, I think. I don't want to lose my boobs though!

Getting back to some of the issues presented, I wouldn't care what anyone thought if I had a more feminine shape. I'd love it! Let's remember that the close people we interact with would probably not notice or just gradually accept our changes. Being retired now I hardly interact with the public. The nice thing about aging is the fact that our bodies do change due to low T levels. Mine are extremely low and my features have softened. I've seen plenty of older men with soft feminine feature who could easily pass. That might get me out the door dressed!

Cheryl
    Last edited by Cheryl Ann Owens; 06-28-2014 at 03:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikiSJ View Post
    HRT, in my case, is getting me there: together with age related muscle loss and a sedentary life story is getting my shoulder width into the same plane as my hips and I am starting to get a waist.

So, the Size 8 forms go on EBay, don't have to worry about hip pads and that waist cincher is still rolled up in my lingerie drawer.
    Wow… so happy for you, Miki. Wishing you all the health and happiness in your transition!

Green (Revlon Red?) with envy ,
    Robyn
    When lost, alone, or blue I know I can always get through the day, for I've always another shade of lipstick to make things right!

Robyn,

You look good in your avatar.
    Charlotte

I say no, I do not. Though I like to dress I do not go "out" and do not want to go out, so appearance when dressed is no concern. I do, however, want to continue to look formidable as a man as that's what I am and how I spend most my time.

I'm forced to look and act like a man most of the time, but I am done with it. As soon as I can, I plan to begin my transition to womanhood.
    Charlotte

I would love a bigger butt and smaller waist. I am really thin already 5'9" 125lbs. Thin arms and legs and often told I have bird legs or chicken leg. Very painful comments!

waist

I guess better thing to say would be a more defined waist in relation to rib cage and hip ratio

I would love to have a smaller waist. It would make everything fit much better.

I already have a decent-sized butt (no pics of it; sorry), but a smaller waist would be awesome. Plus, I need much narrower-around thighs (chafing is so painful in the heat!) I don't have boobs, so that is an obvious problem. Also, I want much fuller lips.
    Charlotte

Yes... Yes, I do.
    Tami Monroe, formerly known as hawkdoc60!

Maybe not the full feminine figure, but I would love to lose my spare tire and have narrower shoulders
    Victoria
    By the grace of God, I am what I am.

The non-GG next door.... Candice Mae's Avatar
    70 replies and counting, I knew this was a hot topic issue. I do agree that the majority of CDs only want to loose weight and muscle mass/tone there is nothing wrong with that. But the ones that take it to the dangerous area in self medicating is the reason that I made this topic. I didn't feel comfortable talking about it in my first post because I didn't want to put ideas in someones head. Changing your bodies homonal balance just for the purpose of CDing is when you should start seeing a theropist.

I like my body, I still have a hatred for my hands and I'm trying to slim down my legs. But its gotten to a point where its hard to look masculine and if your a regular CD its not something you should strive for if your just a CD.

Luiza Pink
    i don´t know!!! sometimes i believe i do, sometimes i don´t...i´m very confused!!

Probably one area I'm quite fortunate , and to think years ago at school etc , I would get teased about my "Girly" looks , and hate it , wishing I was more "manly"

Not now of course , I love my soft body , natural breasts ,feminine bottom no adams apple ,lack of strong jawline, weak beard growth etc ..oh and no muscles either thankfully .
    Theres No Point In Living , If You Can't Feel Alive

Quote Originally Posted by Candice Mae View Post
    But its gotten to a point where its hard to look masculine and if your a regular CD its not something you should strive for if your just a CD.
    Obviously the key difference with your case is hormonal differences in your body. I got to where I am through diet and exercise and I've ended up with atypical male proportions (my hips are wider than my chest - I actually fit some female size charts). I know I know, I'm not a typical CD'er either, but the point I wanted to make that having the desire to have a body that leans more towards a feminine physique doesn't necessarily mean you lose your ability to present male. I'm able to appear as a female without any kind of padding or hormones and all I've done is have a good diet and lots of exercise. Would it be harder for me to appear overtly masculine? Absolutely, but no one has ever mistaken me for a woman while presenting male. Clothing and makeup can do wonders.

Hi.

For my self im very happy with my weight shape and body size and its been that way for over 40 years, a number of reasons for this. I looked after myself, no drugs or drink was allways fit as a gymnast and bike rideing plus working in the heavy building trades, food was importaint as to how much I needed not the I can eat anything.

My body is as close to other females of age size and shape , apart from a few miner details , im happy with how I look , there has allways been a detail with my body in as much with my strength being very strong yet no muscle mass as many men have,

though I know many women have similer body mass though not allways the same strength I have, though they have a bigger bone structure and carry more weight,

I don't need a more feminine body look as I have enough now face is of cause another matter though not a concern to who I am ; as im accepted very well for who I am not how I look.

...noeleena...