Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer or Winter best CD time for you?

Summer or Winter best CD time for you?

I think it goes without saying that summer time is a favorite time of the year to dress - certainly be mine so I can put on swimsuits, sundresses, etc...so have been asking myself why do I dress more during winter and go out more during winter even though I have much more time on my hands right now, in early July? Well, I just experienced five days of oppressive heat and no air conditioning inside my house. About all I could feel like wearing was male underwear which just compounded my depression as it felt too hot to wear a wig or breast forms/bra. Now I have my a/c back on and no way not dress female but it sure is easier in winter-plus don't have to shave much body hair.

Well Alecia, perhaps in your area winter isn't as harsh as I have experienced. I live in the frozen tundra known as Wisconsin so summer is welcome when it comes to my dressing. I don't care how hot it gets, the lazy days of summer are what I look forward to. I dress in winter too but there's so much more to do in warmer weather and I take advantage of as much girl time as I can. As far as shaving goes, I keep myself shaved year around, so that's really a non issue.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

For me, winter time is the best. Because I am not out in the open yet, I can still underdress and get away with what I want others to see. I can hide my obsession under my heavy winter clothes and enjoy a cigarette at a motel during my travels for work, or be a little more bold and minimize what I wear. In the summertime, I do not have that luxury as of yet.
    Last edited by Tami Monroe; 07-02-2014 at 04:31 AM.
    Tami Monroe, formerly known as hawkdoc60!

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    I vote for fall/winter/spring as they offer more variety in clothing choices, less heat under wigs, fewer problems with makeup, easier time hiding my shoulders and biceps, etc. Tina,just has an easier time dressing with more clothes and long luscious coats!

Winter definitely. Same reasons as SuchACutie and Tami
    Victoria
    By the grace of God, I am what I am.

Winter for me as well. To be fair, Southern California doesn't really have actual winters, just a few months where it gets a little bit colder.

I would say fall/winter as it gives me more dressing options, more fall than winter as it gets cold here in Canada and I feel more comfortable having a few layers of clothing that I can 'retreat' behind if you get my meaning.
    “Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood. Now is the time to understand more, so that we may fear less.”
    ― Marie Curie

Timelady

California Dreamin Michaelasfun's Avatar
    I like both; summer so I can wear shorts & sandals which I love, and winter b/c its easier to get dressed since more's covered up and less to shave if I don't want to, really all I need is makeup and wig, pants and coat cover everything else. Summer's really my favorite tho.
    Michaela

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice. - Rush

Winter for me, but more for health reasons, I get terrible headaches and suffer from shocking Hay Fever. The Longer nights also have some advantages

I dress considerably less in the winter or cold weather months. It's just too darn cold. I just don't feel like getting "undressed" in order "to dress", if that makes any sense.

Fearlessly Independent RebeccaLynne's Avatar
    Residing in SoCal, I much prefer the winter months. The humidity of the summer months really puts a perspiring damper on my wardrobe choices. I mean, it's really daunting trying to shower, do my make-up, style my hair, dress in padded panties, tights, padded panty girdle, pocketed bra with breast forms, then a dress or skirt and top, without feeling hot and sticky by the time I'm done...

Bring winter back! I'm a '60's girl... temperature and fashion style!

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    I like both....summer is fun cause you can dress less...but it gets hot...so i go out less...im fact i think august it will be a stay-cation month...the rest of the year is fun...winter CAN get a bit cold...but it dosent matter the time of year to me...ok..except the dog days of august LOL....Fall wins for blending and weather to me though

Luiza Pink
    i like summer more, because i love short dresses, skirts, shorts and of course, bikinis!!!!

Summer is better for variety.
    So much more you can wear.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I’m more in the winter camp. Long skirts, turtleneck sweaters, boots … much fun. But I do like a (somewhat) short skirt on a warm summer night.

i kinda like the cooler months... being a senor now it's just easier for me to hide things with more layers.
    i wish i could wear what the young girls today are wearing. i just don't feel right in summer clothers.
    i wish i could turn the clock back and have that youthful skin and tonned body, then i'd be out in a bikini...
    paula

I prefer a nice cold winter. I get hot to quickly and to easily. To me, I can bundle up and still dress up but if it's hot, I want my wig, but then again....it's just to hot to wear.

Perhaps some day I will move out of California and live somewhere they have seasons.

Winter without doubt , I can wear my favourite outfits including slips , pantyhose , boots , cardigans , coat etc , which are out of place in the Summer . Everyone wears shorts here too , so shaving arms and legs in the hot months , without people noticing can be an issue.
    Iam so happy in Winter like now , I only venture out in these months , its far easier to blend in , and true to form , I have a different viewpoint on Women dressed in Winter , I find them far sexier , the Office Girls are wearing boots , pantyhose , I love the look
    Theres No Point In Living , If You Can't Feel Alive

Banned Read only
    Definitely when the winter rains stop in April and run through October before the winter rains start again. Although I am an in home cross dresser and can be en femme in my backyard, my wife is home all summer. She goes back to work the first Wednesday after labor Day. The weather is not a factor during the summer. Most days are in the mid 70's, although today the temperature hit 99. But, the humidity was low. I can remember the high temperatures and high humidity of those New York City nights when I lived in an apartment with no air conditioning. Sometimes the overnight low in the apartment was in the 90's. Yuck!

I just bought two new sun dresses from Sears. There is plenty of time to wear them in September, and, there is nothing to prevent me from wearing them in doors anytime.

When its the best time is when I can show off my gams. In the cooler/cold months with hose. warm months bare legged.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Quote Originally Posted by RebeccaLynne View Post
    Residing in SoCal, I much prefer the winter months. The humidity of the summer months really puts a perspiring damper on my wardrobe choices.
    Heat and humidity? What part of SoCal do you live in? Try the east coast for humidity. I live in the SFV and while it gets hot it's usually dry heat so it's more tolerable. Of course you can always move to the beach towns, where it's 60s and 70s year round. A summer heat wave means it gets to 82 degrees, versus SFV where a summer heat wave means it's going to be 100 degrees or hotter.

But even GDV, I mean SFV, is more tolerable than a lot of places in the summer.
    I've finally mastered the art of making salads. My favorite is a delicious Mediterranean salad.

Both, as a full time cd anyway I love both seasons, summer allows for all the pretty things to come out to play, lol I've constantly got my legs on display and usually wear anything that shows my figure well. Winter on the other hand is more a baggy clothes style, I'm always cold in the winter it's ridiculous no matter how many layers I have on lol pretty much spend winter hugging / hibernating in the arms of my bf lol but I love the winter though as I like wearing my pink fluffy coat, all my selection of brightly colored scarves, thick leggings my legwarmers or big chunky socks and all that, great fun

Oh Winter, definitely. Our summers are too hot to dress properly.

Christen x
    “Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing
    and rightdoing there is a field.
    I'll meet you there.” - Rumi.

I prefer the cool winters of Texas rather than scorching 100 degree of winter days (even the nights are hot). Winter is mild in central in Texas and you can still dress up to show off your assets without freezing

Anna

I use to perfer winter as I could shave all season and keep my toes painted. But at my wife's request I know shave all summer and were nail polish. So it is now summer as I love to lay out at the pool.

Laura