Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer or Winter best CD time for you?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Summer or Winter best CD time for you?

I think it goes without saying that summer time is a favorite time of the year to dress - certainly be mine so I can put on swimsuits, sundresses, etc...so have been asking myself why do I dress more during winter and go out more during winter even though I have much more time on my hands right now, in early July? Well, I just experienced five days of oppressive heat and no air conditioning inside my house. About all I could feel like wearing was male underwear which just compounded my depression as it felt too hot to wear a wig or breast forms/bra. Now I have my a/c back on and no way not dress female but it sure is easier in winter-plus don't have to shave much body hair.

Well Alecia, perhaps in your area winter isn't as harsh as I have experienced. I live in the frozen tundra known as Wisconsin so summer is welcome when it comes to my dressing. I don't care how hot it gets, the lazy days of summer are what I look forward to. I dress in winter too but there's so much more to do in warmer weather and I take advantage of as much girl time as I can. As far as shaving goes, I keep myself shaved year around, so that's really a non issue.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Charlotte Allison Morris NavyM2F_WAM's Avatar
    Cooler weather is so much better than heat. I would rather shiver a bit than feel like I'm about to melt in the heat (even without make up, and in boy mode!).

As for crossdressing, the cooler weather is better. I love to wear pantyhose and tights, and I miss the feel of my legs encased in hose! I tried wearing them once or twice in the heat. I thought my legs would turn into liquid, they sweat so much.
    Charlotte

0 to trans in 60 seconds! Donnagirl's Avatar
    Definitely the cold... Under dressing is so easy... Hiding my bulk, muscle and scars under a loose sweater dress, jumper or jacket looks quite acceptable... Spaghetti straps, mini skirts, cami tops, midriff or crop anything... Sorry that just pushes any hope of illusion into the realms of the comical or nauseating... Definately will scare small children!!!!
    Call me Donna, please

For me, winter time is the best. Because I am not out in the open yet, I can still underdress and get away with what I want others to see. I can hide my obsession under my heavy winter clothes and enjoy a cigarette at a motel during my travels for work, or be a little more bold and minimize what I wear. In the summertime, I do not have that luxury as of yet.
    Last edited by Tami Monroe; 07-02-2014 at 04:31 AM.
    Tami Monroe, formerly known as hawkdoc60!

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    I vote for fall/winter/spring as they offer more variety in clothing choices, less heat under wigs, fewer problems with makeup, easier time hiding my shoulders and biceps, etc. Tina,just has an easier time dressing with more clothes and long luscious coats!

Winter definitely. Same reasons as SuchACutie and Tami
    Victoria
    By the grace of God, I am what I am.

Winter for me as well. To be fair, Southern California doesn't really have actual winters, just a few months where it gets a little bit colder.

I would say fall/winter as it gives me more dressing options, more fall than winter as it gets cold here in Canada and I feel more comfortable having a few layers of clothing that I can 'retreat' behind if you get my meaning.
    “Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood. Now is the time to understand more, so that we may fear less.”
    ― Marie Curie

Timelady

California Dreamin Michaelasfun's Avatar
    I like both; summer so I can wear shorts & sandals which I love, and winter b/c its easier to get dressed since more's covered up and less to shave if I don't want to, really all I need is makeup and wig, pants and coat cover everything else. Summer's really my favorite tho.
    Michaela

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice. - Rush

Winter for me, but more for health reasons, I get terrible headaches and suffer from shocking Hay Fever. The Longer nights also have some advantages

I dress considerably less in the winter or cold weather months. It's just too darn cold. I just don't feel like getting "undressed" in order "to dress", if that makes any sense.

Fall to spring would be preferred. Its cooler of course, but because I live in the city and want to get out of my townhouse and into an Uber or a cab to go out I prefer the cover of darkness. This is especially true since the ghost of Gladys Kravitz moved in a few doors up.

Winter easily. Less concern about shaving, skirt length, etc. It's way easier to pull off a more subtle look and not feel like you stand out like a sore thumb. Plus I tend to prefer darker Winter fashion anyways.
    ~ GP

I love summer dress but i can shave all over in winter.
    I just want to be a pretty girl!

Fearlessly Independent RebeccaLynne's Avatar
    Residing in SoCal, I much prefer the winter months. The humidity of the summer months really puts a perspiring damper on my wardrobe choices. I mean, it's really daunting trying to shower, do my make-up, style my hair, dress in padded panties, tights, padded panty girdle, pocketed bra with breast forms, then a dress or skirt and top, without feeling hot and sticky by the time I'm done...

Bring winter back! I'm a '60's girl... temperature and fashion style!

Charlotte Allison Morris NavyM2F_WAM's Avatar
    The summer almost makes me not want to dress, well at least here in the Augusta, Georgia area. It gets so hot, without much of a cooling breeze. Since when is 90-something degrees after 9:00pm okay? UGH!

I love opaque tights. They look hot (no pun intended) and feel great. However, they make me sweat like no tomorrow, when I wear them in the heat.

What is a "Uber"? Who in the world is/was Gladys Kravitz?
    Charlotte

Careful I bite <3
    I'm from Florida, and I love it here so Summer in general. Winter has it's perks though and I have my share of girly coats to use.

Spring, Summer and fall. Hate winter!!!

I tend to sweat a lot (beads of sweat) which women tend to not do. So hot summers can be dangerous.
    Winter works better for me! But I do the summer too. Just not outside much. I stay indoors at the hotel, stores, malls etc.

Atlantic Canadian Girl JulieMcKie's Avatar
    Definitely winter time for me. Colder weather means a lot less sweat once you get all the foundation garments and wig on. Farmers tan on the arms and base of the neck fade and become less noticeable too.
    Just be yourself. You are the only you out there so be the best you that you can be.

I prefer the winter as I love to be dressed up in cosy warm opaque tights. I can never dress without tights what ever the weather. Even when it is still hot in in the summer I never dress without my lovely tights/pantyhose.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    I like both....summer is fun cause you can dress less...but it gets hot...so i go out less...im fact i think august it will be a stay-cation month...the rest of the year is fun...winter CAN get a bit cold...but it dosent matter the time of year to me...ok..except the dog days of august LOL....Fall wins for blending and weather to me though

Luiza Pink
    i like summer more, because i love short dresses, skirts, shorts and of course, bikinis!!!!

Winters are best for crossdressing for me. My style of clothes (dresses and pantyhose/tights) works better then. The extra heat of the wig can have me sweat too if it's warm out.