Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tonight's Bad Outing

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post
    ...State of Washington spitting in someone's face qualifies as fourth degree assault and if directed towards at a cross dresser or a transgender in the manner spoken it is also a hate crime.
    Thank you Stephanie for that information. Emi lives in California and it is considered a 'civil battery'. Emi could've/should've gotten this thugs name by contacting mall security and with that knowledge taken the thug to small claims court and sue for $7,500. With a small court judge who has embraced this century, EMI could have walked out the financial winner (you can never wash off the stain of someone's spit!).
    When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks.

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    Nice.
    I have at least 21 pairs of heels, 18 of them have a toe-platform.
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn Marie View Post
    It was in the military that I learned the principles of avoiding an ambush. Avoid likely ambush sites, strength in numbers, ingress and egress at different times and locations, and make use of cover and concealment at all times.
    OMG Lynn, I'm rolling on the floor... that's too perfect!
    Awesome advice, how practical. I have to share that one with some of my TS/CD friends in town, some of them are ex-military too
    "Your hands are cold but your lips are warm..."

Charlotte Allison Morris NavyM2F_WAM's Avatar
    Wow. Lots of different opinions.

First, I have no friends here. The people at work don't hang out with me most of the time. I think they assume I'm a bit of a stick in the mud. I was raised as a Baptist, from a very strict home, and don't try to give up most of my teachings.

Second, thank you for the compliments on the dress and shoes. I originally bought only skater dresses and other dresses similar to those. However, I discovered midi-length dresses, and my world was changed for the better. Most, if not all, of my dresses are knee length or just slightly longer. As for my shoes, the only shoes I want are the sky-high platform pumps. They make me feel ultra feminine and look oh, so nice.

Third, the Augusta, Georgia area has a horrible selection of places to hang out. Since I don't drink and drive, I don't go to actual bars/clubs -- not that I don't want to expand my horizons, mind you! Since I don't get to hang out with attractive women, Hooters works in that regard. I normally go to restaurants like Applebee's, Ruby Tuesday, Longhorn Steakhouse, and Buffalo Wild Wings and then maybe watch a movie at a theater.
    Charlotte

Well girl, I think it's already been said. I agree with the others. I plan my outings very closely. I even google earth to see what the crowd was wearing during the day when the google car went by. I then scour the 'net to find the most LGBT friendly establishment...

For me, I have to drive at least an hour to go out and about for real shopping. Columbia SC and Atlanta aren't that far away. Now I know gas is getting a bit expensive, but I head out at least twice a month for an all day affair at least an hour away.

Lastly, I never go out without completely making the ol' beard disappear. Shaving with a five-blade razor is habit. If you only do it once in a while, you'll get bumps. So I shave every day with the razor, four ways. Then when I think I've got it all, a little lotion and then a few touch ups with the razor again. Then it's red lipstick over the area. It's the opposite color of the beard and cancels it out pretty good. Then a pore filler (chaffing cream) then foundation. A little powder to fix it and I'm pretty good.

With regard to heels, yea, I love them. 4" is the minimum, while I have been know to last an hour in 5" heels. 4's I can do the mall and then some. Still carry a pair of back up flats in the purse for those longer events when I need to give the ol toes a break. However the click clack on marble floors is like cat nip to guys. They will almost always turn to look to see who's wearing heels....

Hope your next outing goes better....

Renne......

Quote Originally Posted by NavyM2F_WAM View Post
    As for my shoes, the only shoes I want are the sky-high platform pumps. They make me feel ultra feminine and look oh, so nice.
    I'm really having a hard time understanding why you are looking at transition in "x" number of years. You are deriving femininity from CFM heels, the only shoes you want? Women in the real world living their day to day lives don't wear these.

I'm no expert on this sort of thing but I'd think that with an intent to transition, one might look at these outings as dress rehearsals, so to speak. See what it's like to get about this big world as a woman. See if you can stand the heat. If there is truly a woman in your heart, then let her experience things like any other woman out there, not dressed as an object of a man's desire while going out for a bite to eat.

I'd like nothing more than to read a truly positive and uplifting story from your daily life.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

First of all, that dress is awesome and those shoes.... I want them!!!

I am sad they were being idiots to you... I would chalk it up to even their own insecurities... its just sad that a person can't go out for a drink an watch a game with out some idiots messing with them... The worst experience I ever had was some high school girls giggling when they saw me but that didn't bother me too much. I can deal with giggles I guess

I really have no idea where the LGBT-friendly places are. I don't even know for sure if there are any in this area.

I had shaved with both my electric shaver (getting old) and a Venus razor. I felt my face both there and after that incident at the restaurant. It felt smooth. I usually wear the most basic amount of makeup (don't know what to wear, what goes with what, etc.). So, I had only some bright red lipstick on. Normally, I use some concealer and maybe some mascara, but my concealer is gone and I'm not sure what happened to my mascara (not that I can put it on effectively anyhow).

My shortest pair of heels were 4" pairs. I walked around the mall once in them. Normally, all I do outside en femme is go to a restaurant and maybe a movie theater, so my heels are fine. I totally agree. I was one of those guys that was like a cat with catnip. Anytime I heard a woman walking in heels, I stopped what I was doing and just about lost my train of thought. Now, it is so interesting walking down the driveway, hearing that sound from my own feet! I love it.
    Last edited by Tamara Croft; 07-04-2014 at 07:35 AM. Reason: no need to quote such a big post, use their name
    Charlotte

Charlotte,
    cant really comment about being out having an incident, im a stay at home girl,
    but you have a right to go out wherever you wish without being hassled or harassed and some really good tips have been mentioned,
    iv always believed that those who give you the hardest time are probably the deepest in the closet and think this may be the case here,
    to serve as you have and find that those you protected act out at you this way make me sad. glad you had showed restraint.
    i hope that this negative outing will be your last and you have a better time on you next ventures

as mentioned i use the lipstick method on the beard area, cover with foundation and then powder, feeling smooth is nice but the shadow is always there, ill use conditioner with the razor to get the straggler hairs,

you shared your shoe find with the "hooter" girls, they are cute, could you share with us....
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

I love Jennifer's response as well! When dressed, I avoid testosterone-laden venues. I'm not looking for guys, and my femme side much prefers femme activities and femme company. If I do a sports bar, it's en drab. (And there is no way I'll pass as a Hooters Girl!)

While I have had some questions ("Are you a boy or a girl?") they have been ones of polite interest. Maybe I've been lucky.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

I dress from the time I stop working to the time I go back To work. The closest I've come was a male cashier kept calling me dude and man. And the lady behind me snapped at him and said "look here young man. This is a lady before you, and she deserves respect. " or something along those lines
    Then Complimented my dress. Truthfully it didn't bother me. I don't dress for Attention. I Dress for me. I go everywhere dressed. But by everywhere I mean everywhere I want to go. I don't go to hooters because I don't find it appealing. I am not a club or bar person. Spent 20 years in bands. Been there. Done that. Burned the tshirt and a few brain cells.

I dress more conservative. More real woman I guess. Flats. Wedges. Tea length or maxi dresses. Tshirts n jeans. Tunics n leggings. Looooove leggings.

I don't try to worry about concealer and stuff because I am me. I would love to get laser hair removal. And have no facial hair. But it hasn't been a big deal. After 40+ years denying and hating myself, I couldn't give a rats behind what some young Punk thinks.

Now also keep in mind that I over compensated when I was in denial. So I am a stocky guy and put me in a dress and I think most people Don't want to confront me. Lol. But I am sure if I went to a place Like hooters I wouldn't have the Same experience
    Even if you ARE the sharpest tool in the shed, your still a tool.

Queen of the Faery Realms Bethany_Anne_Fae's Avatar
    Your going to have the occasional bad night out, there isn't anyone who doesn't. Its just life. Yes, there was an above board rudeness involved but that is a minor part of our population. Just hold your head up, live your life, and move forwards so that the good nights out can make you smile all the more. believe me when I say that attitude is everything

*hugs*
    Bethany
    (Formerly known everywhere as Lady Zarabeth

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    If you're going hang out at places like this you'll have to get used to either obnoxious males who clock you or obnoxious males who hit on you. ...... If you want more pleasant encounters patronize upscale venues and events. You may still be clocked, but at least the people who do so are polite and still treat you as the gender you are presenting.
    Gee, while I do love your outfit so much, especially your heels, I'm afraid I do have to agree with Erin. Hooters is not a place I would go to with friends never mind on my own. Personally I find that the more upscale the venue (even if it's busy) the better I'm treated. I know we can "technically" go anywhere we like but there are some places that IMHO really aren't the best choices.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyM2F_WAM View Post
    I really have no idea where the LGBT-friendly places are. I don't even know for sure if there are any in this area.
    Being from the southeast, *cough*, Mississippi, I can understand that hun.
    Move up here to the northwest, lol, we'll totally hang out!
    (I lol'ed the moving part, not the hanging out part)
    Last edited by Alice_2014_B; 07-03-2014 at 09:58 PM.
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

BTW, you don't need an "LGBT" venue, just one where people are more polite.

For example, you won't have any problems if you go to this:

http://soaugusta.org/

or this:

http://augustaplayers.org/
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

some people just are crude...sorry to hear that you had to experience this. BTW, love those pumps!

There are places in Augusta that are friendly to us.
    Look online for some.
    I'll bet that you would have had the same, or worse response if you went to the Country Club right behind Hooters.
    I am a native here and Augusta is what you make of it.
    You definitely can't judge the entire city because of some dude at a venue like Hooters.
    It is also really popular with the Army folks from the fort. The guy you encountered could have been one of them and not even from here.

RenneB's shaving advice in post 30 is interesting. As an at home dresser, I keep wondering if any of you carry an electric razor in your purse for emergencies. I never try to get a perfect shave, but if I went out more often I would try Renne's technique.

Lastly, I never go out without completely making the ol' beard disappear. Shaving with a five-blade razor is habit. If you only do it once in a while, you'll get bumps. So I shave every day with the razor, four ways. Then when I think I've got it all, a little lotion and then a few touch ups with the razor again. Then it's red lipstick over the area. It's the opposite color of the beard and cancels it out pretty good. Then a pore filler (chaffing cream) then foundation. A little powder to fix it and I'm pretty good.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Quote Originally Posted by Ressie View Post
    As an at home dresser, I keep wondering if any of you carry an electric razor in your purse for emergencies.
    This was what I had learned from chatting with other girls and from watching the utube. I carry a disposable razor in my purse for those long outings when I need a touch up...

Renne.....

It's good to know that there are other people from this area on here! Maybe we should meet to hang out! I don't have any real friends, so it might be fun. Since I don't have a girlfriend, I don't have opportunities to see really hot girls. That is one of the reasons I went to Hooters. I'm a straight man, but I want to transition to become a lesbian woman.

I have never been to any bars in the Augusta area. I know that there are at least 2 "community-friendly" ones in the city, Club Argos and The Filling Station. That is from Google searches.

Normally, I go to restaurants like Applebee's, Buffalo Wild Wings, and the like (and maybe a movie theater). That is usually my limit for crossdressing outings. I want to go other places, as well.

This outing was stupid. And the guy wasn't from the Fort. He had facial hair, so he couldn't be in the military (unless he was on leave). However, I'm getting a little bit discouraged on my journey.

By the way, what is "The Country Club" like? I have heard people at work talking about it.

I bought them from a (local?) shoe store here called "Shoe!Time" (yes, the exclamation mark is in the name). I don't know if they have a website. I haven't found one for that store, yet.
    Last edited by Katey888; 07-04-2014 at 05:03 PM. Reason: Consecutive posts merged - please use edit to add to existing post rather than adding a successive post...
    Charlotte

RE: carrying a razor for "emergencies":

Back when I was shaving a "touch up" meant removing my makeup, shaving, and reapplying the makeup. That was about an hour and needed a private restroom.

I quickly learned that it was not really a viable option so I worked on improving my beard cover and foundation. That worked until I made the decision to remove my beard.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

stay away from hooters!

man all this anti-hooters talk!

they have great food and friendly fun cute girls working what is not to like!

open up yr MIND!

The food and the waitresses aren't the issue, it's the clientèle. Any sports bar would likely have the same dangers.
    Eryn

I agree with Mink.

Hooters may not have the best food (and definitely not the best selection), but they have friendly, cute girls (and sometimes hot ones, too!) working there.
    Charlotte