Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Type of Nightgown

Favorite Type of Nightgown

I just got 2 new nighties. One is a light lavender color with lace around the top and is full length satin. The other is a baby doll length. All black but has lace around the cups and a fluttery bottom hem. I usually am a fan of the full length gown as it covers me with more satin or nylon. But for some reason I really like the short black one. I think I've already worn it more than the long one. What are your favorite nightgowns?? short, long, lacey?

Banned Read only
    My favourite style is full length with matching negligee.
    I love the feel of the of the fabric.
    I find longth length nightdresses just so comfortable for lounging around in (not necessarily at night!).
    Baby - dolls are cute, especially with a pair of really frilly panties.
    But not for me.

Love Angela XX
    Last edited by Angela Burke; 11-09-2005 at 12:16 AM.

Nighties

I like mine full length I have two one is pale pale pale peach and the other is pale pale pale green they both have lace around the sleves and neck line they feel soooo good I hate to take them off.

Veronica

Lingerie is the poetry in a womans closet.

pretty pretty princess

gowns

nylon with lace ,preferably satin!

michelle19845

Nylon and satin are nice but I love long cotton night gowns.

I rarely get the opportunity to sleep in a nightie. On occasion, I can throw one on while I'm bumming around in the morning with coffee. But whereas I enjoy a baby-doll style, I prefer long satin gowns. The baby-dolls are actually easier for me to sleep in, though. Long gowns tend to bunch up and wrap you up in the night, and that kind of thing can wake me up. But long gowns are just exquisite! No getting around it. Look at some of the dressing gowns they used to wear in the movies! Mmmmm! Nothing is more feminine!

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

My favourite . long lace silk gown i have about 4 of them, and Baby-dolls
    A black lace around the top fluttery bottom to my neas.

Favorite Gowns

Long and the longer the better I sometimes have a hard time finding ---any ideas
    Carole/CCD

Nightwear

I have a short satin nightshirt; Dark blue with small white polka dots on it. I don't think I look like a domino tho' Lol
    Carole

Quote Originally Posted by Angela XX
    My favourite style is full length with matching negligee.
    I love the feel of the of the fabric.
    I find longth length nightdresses just so comfortable for lounging around in (not necessarily at night!).
    Baby - dolls are cute, especially with a pair of really frilly panties.
    But not for me.

Love Angela XX
    OOH! Spooky. Are you telepathic Angela? Those are my sentiments exactly!

Long wide sweeping satin or nylon gowns LOVE'EM the slender narrow ones are great for pictures but I move to much in my sleep. I also have a few satin cami & undie sets that not only look great but feel better! For the winter I wear a gown or I have 10-12 diffrent long satin pant & top lounger type PJ's & I can wear them outside in the garden.
    what a fool I use to be

this is one that i realy like the most.42548_52_lrg_a_5600.jpg

Nylon with a little lace, I luv the feel of a long nightie, but i gets tangled up a bit when sleeping, so I prefer to sleep in a short babydoll length.
    Sarah

"So Often times it happens, that we live our lives in chains, and we never even know we have the key" The Eagles

Short, satin, plain, would post pic but probably get shot

All styles:
    Short, long, midi, babydolls of course.
    Lace, sheer, silk, satin,
    cotton during the cold months....
    Last edited by Leilani68; 11-11-2005 at 11:57 AM.
    [SIZE=4]Leilani68[/SIZE]

ienjoy wearing baby doll nighties but i have several long and medium lengths as well. it is a great feeling to cuddle with the wife when we both wear our nighties at night.

Accepted by me and mine Andrea's Lynne's Avatar
    If its a satin nightgown. then I'm all for it.......short, long, or in between, Feels so feminine.

Lynne

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    This is similar to the sort of thing I wear to bed.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Nightgowns and slips are two things I've never even tried. I guess I should head for the thrift shops and invest a few dollars and find out what they're like, huh?
    [SIZE=1]
    Marge, you being a cop makes you the Man, which makes me the woman. And I have no interest in that!

...besides occasionally wearing the underwear, which, as we discussed, is strictly a comfort thing.
    ~ H. Simpson

Silly goose, of course that's not me in my avatar![/size]

Lauren, just go and buy one you like. Men give them as gifts all the time. That way you get one that's not pre-worn, it'll be in real good condition, and it will be one that you really like.

I like this one:

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Very pretty nightwear ladies! I too have a varied selection of nightwear, but most of them are thigh length or shorter. Slips are nice to sleep in too.

Victoria

i always sleep in my nite gowns .some are long some are short itjust depends on my moodbut always satin or silk

satin lover

Yes - satin's best

I like the long satin nighties, with wide straps, grecian bustline and empire waist. I used to prefer multi-layer nylon nighties back in the 60's, the ones with the cowl neckline and puffy short sleeves, but you can't find them any more and I wore out the ones I had (:crying: )

This pic is the style I like. Now if I could only look so good myself......

lover of satin and silk Satina Silky's Avatar
    I have two nighties both made of satin. One with sphagetti straps and one with short sleeves from Victoria's secret

Quote Originally Posted by TGMarla
    Lauren, just go and buy one you like. Men give them as gifts all the time. That way you get one that's not pre-worn, it'll be in real good condition, and it will be one that you really like.
    Well, you see, Marla, when I'm uncertain about femme things, trying second hand ones from thrifts helps me decide if I like and also what size(s) are best for me, without blowing money that's in short supply for the next couple of months. Since I'm ignorant about slips and nightgowns and therefore have never tried them on, I don't even know if they're "me", since my leanings are less toward diaphanous stuff and more toward velvet and fur and suchlike...

Oh, and the buying part es nada. I've broken through nearly all my barriers regarding that part, I've bought a Chanel lipstick (although I didn't go so far as to try it on) and even managed to sit down at the Prescriptives counter to find a proper shade of foundation, right there in the middle of Dillard's - and I didn't even blush!
    [SIZE=1]
    Marge, you being a cop makes you the Man, which makes me the woman. And I have no interest in that!

...besides occasionally wearing the underwear, which, as we discussed, is strictly a comfort thing.
    ~ H. Simpson

Silly goose, of course that's not me in my avatar![/size]