Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dressing en femme at your wedding

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Dressing en femme at your wedding

Has anyone dressed en femme at their wedding? What to do about your male friends standing next to you at the ceremony? Would they be dressed up as bridesmaids as well? I hope that the wife I end up getting married to let's me be able to dress up as a bride as well. I'll have to wait and see.

Huggs, Nikki

I did not dress at my wedding.
    I expect it would be a big coming out party.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I am getting married in a few months from now, but we are sticking to the traditional bride and grooms outfit. I think anything else would be a little too much for everyone attending.
    “Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood. Now is the time to understand more, so that we may fear less.”
    ― Marie Curie

Timelady

I'm sorry that I got carried away. I'll go as the groom for the wedding. To find an acceptable significant other is fine by me. Anyways I shouldn't be overshadowing the future wife. I was being selfish without realizing it.

Take care, Nikki

I got married on the 14th of June. My wife and I were both brides. One of my bridesmaids was a CD. I have been out to my family, friends and at work since January so no issues. If a guess didn't feel comfortable with it, they simply didn't need to come. And yes, my dad walked me down the aisle.

Bree

Isn't the day supposed to be all about the bride? sorry but unless she is totally accepting and then it might not come off you ain't got a chance. When it happens let her have her day, you can always have another ceremony with you as the bride.
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

Hey people, I am getting married in September, We are having a Steampunk Wedding on a farm, it is a 3 day event, we was having two transgendered girls as bridesmaids but my partners family kicked up, even though they know about me, so to keep the peace the two girls are now just coming as guests and we have another bridesmaid. I would dearly love to wear a dress as I have 4 that fit nicely lol... I have a little sideline in making Corpse Bride and Zombie Bride dresses from used and sometimes new wedding dresses... but I bought one the other day which is sooooo nice, a fishtail with a superb ruched body, strapless and champagne in colour. In a size 14 which fits me like a glove!! yeahhh! I will probably wear this one to a private ceremony we are having with our tv friends in a house near where we live... Sarah will probably wear hers again so we will both be in very glamourous dresses... Just letting you know that there are ways and means to outsmart people that dont agree with our ways of thinking, come to think of it we and I have never had any bad comments from anybody, yes I get clocked occasionally but nothing is said. We go shopping, we go on the beach and I do walk in and out of my home dressed. I have been to the local working mens club a few times to a disco and they all want to come up and talk about normal things, there is no awkward moments at all, so what I am saying is go for it, you only live once! or so I am told lol... yes we have changed our wedding to keep the inlaws happy but thats just normal to keep them happy isn't it haha... Steffi

She wore the white dress, I wore the white tux; but the differences stopped there. She bought us matching trusos for the wedding so that she had on a white lace bra, I had on the same bra. She had on white lace panties, I had on the same lace panties. Continue through the waist nipper, matching garter/hose, and...ok she had on 4" spike heels and I had on white patent flats (she did make me wear the heels later just so I'd know what she did so she could be the same height as me). After the wedding? our going away outfits were also matching...but in a kinky way. Since we changed together post the wedding (and is was dang near 20 degrees outside) our outfits were matching white satin with lace yoke blouses with long chiffon sleeves to satin 4 button cuffs, red bell-bottom slacks (no pockets/side zippers), matching red bra/panties, matching red garter/hose and matching white shoes. Oh...and matching white down coats that covered our tops. It was great at least till we got to the airport and it wasn't 20 degrees anymore...but thats a another story

My wedding with my wife was very traditional -- me in the black tux, her in the wedding dress. The one difference was I walked her down the aisle -- her father wasn't part of her life at the time, so we had that one departure from tradition. I had done a mock wedding as a bride about 3 years earlier where I wore my full bridal regalia, walked down the aisle and got "married" to a male family friend in a tux, with all the traditional vows, rings and all. So I got that out of my system and wanted to be the groom for my wife.
    "Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes..."

I tend to agree that it all depends on your SO, but even so, it tends to be her day.
    I'd love to attend a wedding en femme, but my own, or the renewal of vows would be a major stretch. Nice fantasy, but just that.

I agree to ADMINISTRATOR. My marriage was nany years ago, in the traditional way. I would like to have one more private ceremony with me as the bride and my actual wife as the groom.

One thing is for sure the next wedding I go to I will be wearing a dress. Ironically that very well may be my ex-wife's upcoming wedding

Sandra, what if the wedding involves two husbands? I think a wedding should be about two people committing themselves to each other. If it's just about "her" what's the point of "him" even being there?
    Last edited by Aprilrain; 07-03-2014 at 03:03 AM.

Banned Read only
    As much as I'd love to be a bride in a beautiful dress - the whole princess fantasy, I don't expect to marry ever again. I've done it twice now, and I don't seem to be very good at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aprilrain View Post

Sandra, what if the wedding involves two husbands? I think a wedding should be about two people committing themselves to each other. If it's just about "her" what's the point of "him" even being there?
    I agree.... but you knew that was coming didn't you The OP says nothing about it being two husbands, of course a wedding should be about both people, but in a traditional wedding the bride is the center of attention. By all means if the OP wants to be the bride then they should if their partner is ok with this, but if she isn't ok with it but is ok with the idea of her SO being the bride then IMHO it could be done with another ceremony.
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

Gone to live my life
    Hi Nikki. As much as I am about expressing the CDing part of me if I were to say have a "renewal of vows" ceremony with my wife . . . it would be as "boy me". While completely supportive of Isha, my wife married a man and a man will stand next to her for such things. However, if your intended is fully supportive of the idea then I don't see the harm in it so long as you are prepared to let the entire wedding party know about Nikki.

Hugs

Isha

Do you need a bridesmaid? I'll gladly help
    Amanda

We married in 2010, second time each and late in life as we are both in our 60s. We married three times in all. First, before 140 family and friends at our country digs, big tent in the yard, of course I wore panties but otherwise traditional man in new suit with woman in lovely dress. Two days later, just the two of us for a quiet legal wedding with a local judge, similarly dressed as before, because our original officiant was not actually certified in our state. Then two weeks later a cross-dress wedding at a weekend festival not far away, but this time with me as the bride in a white dress and my sweetie in her business suit, 35 guests, I think seven or eight of them were at both 'public' weddings. All three weddings were rich and meaningful to both of us in their different ways. I loved being the bride and cherish my bridal photos.

Not to derail the thread, but I would like to add that this was possible because I was out as a CD to my wife the first time I met her in 2002, and dressed en femme the second time, before our first actual date. there were no surprises, she knew from the start, and she had the chance to decide it was fine with her before we became entangled. I realize this is not the situation of most folks here, but if you was to ask my advice on how to proceed it would be to get out front with the news and skip the deep and fretful secret.

When i married my now ex wife i didnt wear the dress at the wedding but wore it with all the underwear etc as soon as we got back from our honeymoon

Banned Read only
    Nikki it does raise a few questions, if your partner is happy maybe it's not a problem, but assuming family and friends are not all like minded you could get a few unpleasant moments which could spoil your day !
    If immediate family aren't accepting and don't turn up that can really hurt and maybe cause a family rift !
    I photographed weddings for thirty years but retired from it before same sex weddings were allowed, despite being a CDer I think I would have struggled to put together plausible wedding pictures if traditional dressing was ignored !
    It was a real pleasure to photograph a stunning bride in a beautiful dress, you shouldn't really consider taking that away from your partner !!

I was wearing panties at my wedding, but otherwise all male apparel. My bride fell in love with a man and I didn't feel that our wedding was the place to push the envelope.

Platinum Member
    Hi Nikki, That kind of thing just wasn't done 50 years ago.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Smile

My wife insisted that we both wear matching white satin undies (as she calls them LOL) during our wedding. We had to make a special shopping trip just for them!

That would have to be totally up to the Bride I believe.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I'd say as long as your SO is OK with it, why not? It depends on you family situation and whether it would cause drama with family not so accepting.

I don't want to be the spoilsport or anything but this whole debate is a bit silly to me. Personally I will never wear a wedding dress. Sure I will look at wedding dresses and appreciate their beauty. And maybe at times in my life I would have like to try one on. But I will never do it. Why? Because of the significance of it when my wife wore hers 12 years ago. It was the gift wrapping when she gave herself to me. If I now wear a wedding dress who am I "giving" myself to? Marriage to me is sacred and should not be cheapened. Sorry, but my beautiful wife will always be the only bride in our house.