Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dressing en femme at your wedding

Dressing en femme at your wedding

Has anyone dressed en femme at their wedding? What to do about your male friends standing next to you at the ceremony? Would they be dressed up as bridesmaids as well? I hope that the wife I end up getting married to let's me be able to dress up as a bride as well. I'll have to wait and see.

Huggs, Nikki

I did not dress at my wedding.
    I expect it would be a big coming out party.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I am getting married in a few months from now, but we are sticking to the traditional bride and grooms outfit. I think anything else would be a little too much for everyone attending.
    “Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood. Now is the time to understand more, so that we may fear less.”
    ― Marie Curie

Timelady

Isn't the day supposed to be all about the bride? sorry but unless she is totally accepting and then it might not come off you ain't got a chance. When it happens let her have her day, you can always have another ceremony with you as the bride.
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

I agree to ADMINISTRATOR. My marriage was nany years ago, in the traditional way. I would like to have one more private ceremony with me as the bride and my actual wife as the groom.

One thing is for sure the next wedding I go to I will be wearing a dress. Ironically that very well may be my ex-wife's upcoming wedding

Sandra, what if the wedding involves two husbands? I think a wedding should be about two people committing themselves to each other. If it's just about "her" what's the point of "him" even being there?
    Last edited by Aprilrain; 07-03-2014 at 03:03 AM.

Banned Read only
    As much as I'd love to be a bride in a beautiful dress - the whole princess fantasy, I don't expect to marry ever again. I've done it twice now, and I don't seem to be very good at it.

Gone to live my life
    Hi Nikki. As much as I am about expressing the CDing part of me if I were to say have a "renewal of vows" ceremony with my wife . . . it would be as "boy me". While completely supportive of Isha, my wife married a man and a man will stand next to her for such things. However, if your intended is fully supportive of the idea then I don't see the harm in it so long as you are prepared to let the entire wedding party know about Nikki.

Hugs

Isha

When i married my now ex wife i didnt wear the dress at the wedding but wore it with all the underwear etc as soon as we got back from our honeymoon

Banned Read only
    Nikki it does raise a few questions, if your partner is happy maybe it's not a problem, but assuming family and friends are not all like minded you could get a few unpleasant moments which could spoil your day !
    If immediate family aren't accepting and don't turn up that can really hurt and maybe cause a family rift !
    I photographed weddings for thirty years but retired from it before same sex weddings were allowed, despite being a CDer I think I would have struggled to put together plausible wedding pictures if traditional dressing was ignored !
    It was a real pleasure to photograph a stunning bride in a beautiful dress, you shouldn't really consider taking that away from your partner !!

I was wearing panties at my wedding, but otherwise all male apparel. My bride fell in love with a man and I didn't feel that our wedding was the place to push the envelope.

Platinum Member
    Hi Nikki, That kind of thing just wasn't done 50 years ago.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Smile

My wife insisted that we both wear matching white satin undies (as she calls them LOL) during our wedding. We had to make a special shopping trip just for them!

That would have to be totally up to the Bride I believe.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I'd say as long as your SO is OK with it, why not? It depends on you family situation and whether it would cause drama with family not so accepting.

Quote Originally Posted by Aprilrain View Post

Sandra, what if the wedding involves two husbands? I think a wedding should be about two people committing themselves to each other. If it's just about "her" what's the point of "him" even being there?
    I agree.... but you knew that was coming didn't you The OP says nothing about it being two husbands, of course a wedding should be about both people, but in a traditional wedding the bride is the center of attention. By all means if the OP wants to be the bride then they should if their partner is ok with this, but if she isn't ok with it but is ok with the idea of her SO being the bride then IMHO it could be done with another ceremony.
    Sandra
    Administrator

R.I.P Rianna

I'd venture to say that 99% of women would NEVER go along with this. No, I don't have any evidence to back that up. Just say its a very educated guess. A wedding is THEIR day. most of them have been dreaming of that day since they were little girls. They certainly wouldn't accept being "upstaged" by their "to be spouse" being the center of attention. Just my .

Only if my SO suggested it

Sandra, There is no way in hell I'd let my husband get away with it, I was just playing devils advocate!
    Last edited by Aprilrain; 07-03-2014 at 01:49 PM.

Oh April I thought you were being serious
    Sandra
    Administrator

R.I.P Rianna

Quote Originally Posted by Nikki 1984 View Post
    What to do about your male friends standing next to you at the ceremony? Would they be dressed up as bridesmaids as well?
    Unless they're also transgender, it seems very odd to ask them to wear clothes they're not comfortable wearing. Today both brides and grooms often have their close friends stand up for them, whatever their gender, wearing whatever they agree is appropriate. See, for instance:

http://weddingplans.livejournal.com/19660853.html
    http://offbeatbride.com/2012/08/texas-karaoke-wedding

Not even engaged and already putting selfish demands on the future wife?
    REBEL WITHOUT A CLOSET!
    All trans* girls are NOT created equal. https://www.flickr.com/photos/emi_again/

i am not married but if i get married some day. i dont think i will be wearing a dress

If I should ever marry it will be enfemme.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

My bride picked out matching black silk shirts and black jeans for our wedding. Don't remember if the little rose colored satin things were matching but I do remember that my bra was prettier than hers and I made sure I pointed that out to her.

A cold front had just blown through New Orleans the day before (Christmas) and the temp was brrr when we got off the plane in our silks. Headlight time!!!! It was a fun day.