Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another TG sigting in my town.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.

Another TG sigting in my town.

I was at a quickie gas station/food mart yesterday and when getting in line to pay for my drink I see a MtF working the register.
    Long hair pulled back, make up that was subtle. Just doing her job.
    The customers didn't give any odd looks or make comments which is pretty normal around here.
    I was in 50/50 mode as usual girls jeans,top and had rolled my hair that morning so it was still pretty wavy.A touch of mascara.
    When it was my turn to pay she gave me a close look up and down and gave me a thumbs up gesture which I thought was cool.
    I smiled,payed for my stuff and she said thank you ma'am have a nice day and come back.I said thanks I'll be sure to stop back by.
    I love little things like this to happen.

Just being true to myself Jolene Robertson's Avatar
    Hi Tracii,

Too cool, had to make her day too.

Hugs
    Jolene

Gone to live my life
    Hey Tracii . . . very nice story of solidarity.

Hugs

Isha

Sounds like a great experience. Wish I'd run into others where I live.

What a great experience!!! Those are the kind of stories that give me inspiration!!

Very nice story, glad to hear things like this happening.

Tina

When i lived in Tacoma Wa five years back there was one there, also working at a gas station. The long, perfect painted nails were a give away. I just treated that person, the same as any other. Saw one working across the street a few weeks ago, on a work crew, tearing down a temporary flower nursery structure.

Aspiring Member
    What a wonderful experience! It would be nice to have that happen a LOT more often. I was in a mall camera shop back in the '80's and knew the sales gal was MtF. She didn't seem too happy though. (??) But I treated her with all due respect as a lady. I wish we had a secret sign of recognition but I'm afraid the phobics would find out about it.

Cheryl

Charlotte Allison Morris NavyM2F_WAM's Avatar
    It would be great to "run into" other M2Fs around here. This forum is nice and all, but sometimes, an in-person conversation would be really great. Other than my soon-to-be ex-wife, my friend, and some other online people, I have no one to talk to about my CD/TS "issues".
    Charlotte

Banned Spammer
    I don't normally stop in there but I will make a point to go back now.

At our fourth of July parade there was a section of 'superheroes' that marched by. It consisted of a lot of the DC comic superheroes. One in particular was 'Wonder Woman'. My wife made the comment, "What woman in her right mind would wear a costume like that out in public?" Well guess what, it was really a guy. He couldn't hide his/her lack of skills in dressing like that. But then again I noticed her makeup and finger nails and corsetry were very well done so I was thinking that was really a man.

Loving it, make sure you go back never know maybe you can make a friend.

Better stop back by ,,, Were in short supply ,,lol,,, Gotta make all the friends you can !!

That's cool the way each other can spot the other. My small town if I saw another dresser I'd just have to act normal but might just give them the thumbs up.....

Even better----she found a job, as a woman!
    "And if you want some fun, sing Ob-Bla-Di-Bla-Da!"

Banned Spammer
    Deff will stop back by StaceyB maybe even in 100% girl mode.
    You are right Vikki I have to give her props for that.

Platinum Member
    Hi Tracii, If you get to know her be sure to introduce her to our forum if she's not already on it.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I have yet to ever see a CD "out in the wild" as it were. Or, a TS for that matter. At least I haven't noticed any. Maybe I'm not that observant.

Also, with NO disrespect or disparagement towards the OP inferred or intended, is it just me, or is talking about "spotting a TG" in the same way as an eccentric, biology professor in the Amazon who has just spotted the elusive, striped, cackling, nocturnal, flying purple people eater, or whatever, just a little bizarre? It's probably just me.
    Last edited by Desirae; 07-06-2014 at 08:25 PM. Reason: grammar

Navy, I understand what you say about no one to be with in person. If i were down there, i would be willing to meet. Maybe not be spuper close friends, but a platonic. Where i live, i don't have one real friend, TG, or non TG. It is very hard to make friends in today's society.

Banned Spammer
    Desirae its kind of an ongoing subject that comes up every now and then and I was just remarking about seeing another in my city.
    My city is pretty laid back and there are quite a few transgender folks here myself included.
    Not that seeing one is big news or anything I was just mentioning it.
    There are threads about things like what to say if you meet another CD'r or TG person what do you do? Thats all I didn't mean to upset your apple cart.

Sweet little story. I would go back!

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    Desirae its kind of an ongoing subject that comes up every now and then and I was just remarking about seeing another in my city.
    My city is pretty laid back and there are quite a few transgender folks here myself included.
    Not that seeing one is big news or anything I was just mentioning it.
    There are threads about things like what to say if you meet another CD'r or TG person what do you do? Thats all I didn't mean to upset your apple cart.
    Hi Tracii. I understand what you said. Like I said in my post, I meant no ill-will towards you or what you wrote. I have seen other posts in the past that discuss "spotting a CD". I just always thought it bizarre, for lack of a better word, to discuss something like this in this way. It's just "strange", again for lack of a better word, to hear it described as some kind of "event". Actually, I was hoping that by bringing this up, that it would spur another discussion of maybe why it is so big of a deal to any of us when this happens, while going "stealthy" and "blending" is what, dare I say most, CDs actually try and achieve amongst the general population. BTW, I don't have a better way or better terminology to use for describing seeing another CD or TS in public.

Nice Story - Definitely have to go back.

Hugs
    Traci Melissa Knight

To thine own self be true
    When the student is ready, the teacher will appear

Another nice experience for you Tracii... a good outlet for you to patronise regularly..?

I admit the title can seem to put us in the same category as rare butterflies, but perhaps we are?

I still only have seen a couple of very obvious folk - but then you wouldn't notice the subtle, blending types anyway unless having a direct interaction like Tracii...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Sounds like a new friendship may be in the offing.
    Good luck.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.