Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 50/50 Mode

50/50 Mode

Thanks to Tracii to coining this term and a nod to Tracii and Desirae for the discussion on "spotting a cd", or whatever term you prefer. I think this is worth further discussion, but I didn't want to hijack Tracii's thread.

I personally like to hear about the "sightings". To Desirae's point, I know it sounds a little disrespectful, there's just no better way I can think of to say it. I think it's a bigger problem if a girl is trying to pass, but for discussion sake let's take those girls out of the discussion. Let's talk about this whole "50/50" mode thing. I personally love that, and more and more that's where my interest lies. One reason is it's harder than ever for me to pass at all. It's very frustrating, and takes all the fun out of passing... when you don't. So, more and more it's 50/50, or some other ratio for me, and I love seeing others who do it, too. I'll also submit that for those of us who do that, we (or at least I) want to be noticed! That's part of the fun! I know that for a lot of you it's all or nothing, and I respect that, but there is a whole 'nuther segment of us who just do little touches, or sometimes big touches. I've done it my whole life to one extent or another, but it was always just a little fix to get me through to the next "whole nine yards". Now it's becoming an end unto itself.

Until I recently cut my hair, I often did girly things with my hair. I've worn polish on my toes all the time for the last five years, and often wear flip flops. I wear big earrings (although the short hair has curtailed that quite a bit). I love wearing heels (especially high heeled boots) with jeans. My brows are waxed. I wear polish on my fingers after my manicure (about once a month) until I have to go to work. I wear subtle makeup, or sometimes not so subtle. I wear a bra, no forms, that's visible through my shirt. You get the picture. One of these things at a time or a combo.

When I see someone else doing the same, or even when I read about it on here, it just give me a good feeling. Especially when I see or hear about someone who's pushing gender boundaries like this at their job. It's such a positive sign of acceptance. I love it!

I see examples of this fairly frequently. It probably helps that I'm always looking for it. The more casual observer might not notice. I probably should post more about when I see it.

I guess I'm getting to where I'd rather have frequent small doses of crossdressing along the way rather than a big production. I'll always do the big production, but I get more out of the little tweaks.

Anybody else?

Not me really, but if you prefer half way, then maybe you will find companionship with other half wayers.

Half Wayer.....
    A Beverley Sims phrase.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Platinum Member
    Totally not me, RJ. I don't go out with the expectation of passing, but I really don't enjoy mixing male and female. I tried it and didn't like the way I looked or the quizzical reactions I elicited. I have found that other people respond more positively when I present as a woman...whether or not they view me as such.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Silver Member
    I'd love the option to just wear a skirt (nothing short or provocative) when I feel like it without having to wear a wig and makeup, especially in the summer when it is so hot. I like doing the whole thing sometimes, but it is so time consuming. I wish I had the option of just wearing a skirt or whatnot if I wanted to (skirts are my major interest in women's clothing, and would wear everyday if I could.)

Vickie_CDTV...................I don't understand why you don't have that option? Since you are obviously out and not in the closet, don't you automatically reserve the right to dress as you please, everyone else be dam*ed?

I do this exact same thing! Mix boy & girl clothes, painted fingers and toes, rings, bangly bracelets, etc. I work in a factory, so no heels on the job!

<3

-MM

I'm usually in 100% girls dud's/ Just me, ladies attire is so much fun to wear.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Little Mrs. Snarky! Nadine Spirit's Avatar
    I dress how I want. More often it is in a mix of traditional male and female items. My normal summer outfit is boy t shirt, which I have been toying with female tanks as well, female shorts, boy shorts are lame!, nails painted, but no wig or makeup or sny intention of passing. But I am not interested in any attention, just the ability to dress as I please.

Really I consider myslef to be gender non conforming pretty much 100% of the time and just an occasional cross drssser. The mixing of clothes for me is simply my gender non conforming behavior and not what I consider to be cross dressing. When I go in public, fully dressed with wig and everything that is cross dressing for me. Anything less is simply gender non conforming. Just my never to be humble opinion.

When relationships make doing the whole body shave thing difficult and male pattern baldness has set in it you won't be fooling anyone no matter what you are wearing. So it's either do some 50/50 dressing or just throw in the towel which is not going to happen.

I do the 50/50 thing most of the time too.

I don't really think of it as 50/50, but I dress in clothes and colors that can be considered to be androgynous.

For example, today I am wearing a leaf-print T-shirt, khaki cargo Capri pants, and Nike athletic shoes in gray, green, and yellow. None of these scream "femme" but none are macho either. Every once in a while I am ma'amed while dressed this way, particularly as my hair has been growing out.

I am happy that I am at least escaping from some of the structures of my male existence.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    The 50/50 mode of dress has become normal for me and I really don't get many comments from guys about what I'm wearing.
    Women on the other hand will say something like cute sandals or I love your jeans and top they look good together.
    I have had a few women say I love the color of you toenails. What brand of polish?
    A few weeks back I was at Dollar Tree picking up a few candles for my candle heater (stocking up for next winter) and a 30 something lady said excuse me but your out fit is so cute I have to ask where you bought that top?
    We chatted for a few minutes and she said I hope I didn't come off like I'm nuts but you really look nice and I wanted to let you know.
    I thanked her for the compliments and told her I thought she looked fabulous.

Quote Originally Posted by Nadine Spirit View Post
    But I am not interested in any attention, just the ability to dress as I please.
    I know I'll come across as an attention *****. When I've done the "whole nine yards" I'd prefer to blend or pass, and thus receive no comment. When I'm just doing a little something I'm a bit disappointed if I go all day without receiving a comment. The thing that gets the most comments? Heels. Without a doubt. I don't remember ever getting a comment about polish on my toes. Rarely a comment on the polish on my fingernails. Rarely a comment on makeup. Never a comment on big earrings. Occasionally a comment on my hair. Never a comment about jeans, shorts, or tops. Never a comment on shaved legs. I'm sure I've given a lot of people something to talk about behind my back, but they never say anything to me directly. BTW, the comment I've gotten about heels have been exceedingly positive. I know quite well that that is not any sort of indicator of acceptance. I just find it strange that of all the things I've done to push gender boundaries, heels get the most comment.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    I feel ya sister Rhonda, I mean there are times it's a pain to get all made up and now since my recent purge I don't have much to work with anyway so there are times I just wear something you might wonder about if you look close but most don't even notice or care.

I love wearing ballet flats or mary janes and women's shorts with an otherwise male appearance.

Banned Read only
    Nowhere close to 50/50. More like 90/10 . At least a couple of times a week for 14 years to everywhere except work.

But... I am "just" a CDer with no need or desire to "pass" as a female.

Living by the KISS principle makes life a whole lot easier.

This was how I was dressed today. It's fairly typical of most days. A few times a month we do a full transformation. But this is the real me.

Hug
    Rita

Bleh its sideways. Sorry
    Attached Images Attached Images
    A person should wear what he likes to. And not just what other folks say. A person should be who she likes to. A person's a person that way!
    ~Marlo Thomas~

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Grandpa View Post
    This was how I was dressed today. It's fairly typical of most days. A few times a month we do a full transformation. But this is the real me.

Hug
    Rita

Bleh its sideways. Sorry
    That's awesome!!!

Hi,

So 50 /50. hmmm spos that applys to myself depends on how people wont to perceive me , some may see me as a male others as female., I don't think theres an easy answer in this for my self even though im female it does not make much difference really , and that will remain with me for the rest of my life, that's just how it is,

Its not about clothes nore how I look, well don't, depending , now what does change is those who know me have accepted who I am, no matter what I wear, and new people as they get to know me as a person then how they perceive and get to know me they most accept im just a female.

Most of the time I dress in skirts and tops and my head wear. so that is looked at by most then facial features,

Yet the lovely thing is those many people i'v talked with and interacted with these last 4 weeks in Austraila has been lovely and been getting on so well with the two Brass Bands iv joined in with and they would like me to stay with them so that has been really so lovely,

So you see its not so much what I wear or how I look its about being part of the Bands and being accepted as you are and who you are,

We have 6 Bands and i'v met over 70 members and I play with over 40 members and it's lovely being with and talking with them , That I will miss when I go home.

...noeleena...

Sorry, I'm either one or the other. I would feel that going "half way" would make it look like I can't make up my mind.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I like to wear my blouse, shorts and sandals in the summer. I had two blouses made by hand in Udaipur, India last winter. Some nice hand made sandals too 80 degrees in January there facilitated trying these on. Like the feel of my long hair swamped over my shoulders in summer.

Was out shopping in my blouse and sandals yesterday. Starting at the bank, the young gal processing my cash withdrawal concluded by saying "Thank you Sir". So I didn't get very far. Ill have to try the winter more often covering myself up with clothes.

Clorissa

I suppose this applies to me. I don't think of it as 50/50 as I have little interest in the other 50%

I wear a skirt with male clothes, until recently just around the house, but have been getting used to walking down to the local convenience and liquor stores, about 6 blocks or so. I don't really expect any hassles, but I'm just having to build up my courage and get used to the looks. I also wear girls shorts, they fit better for me, and they come in shorter lengths, I find the current fashion for men's mean they end up to low around the knees. The shorts I wear to work and wherever I want. Other than that, I want the option of hosiery, and knee high boots, to go with the skirts in Winter. but can't find any boots in my size.
    "Normal is what you get when you average out the weirdness that everybody has." Quote from my SO

Normal is a setting on a washing machine, or another word for average.

The fact that I wear a skirt as a male should not be taken as a comment on what you do, or do not wear, or how you wear it.

Rhonda Jean,

Count me as one who regularly does 50/50, OK, maybe 75/25. Since I telecommute every day, I have the luxury of having my nails polished everyday and ware dangling earrings. Most days, it is a women's top and pants. Sometimes they are very feminine with lost of color and bling, so there is no question the cloths were bought in the ladies department.

Add in my hair style, my wife and I are often greeted with "hello ladies".

Richelle

Oh sure, I dress that way because it presents who I am, neither really male nor female but somewhere in the transgender spectrum. I don't wear dresses or skirts much but I do wear short shorts, shape wear, blouses, tanks, camis, bras, small forms, makeup. I don't want to pass as female. I don't want to be gendered as male. I am non binary and my clothes present that. I'd do my nails but I am a jeweler and I just can't keep decent nails. I'd rather be misgendered as female than assumed to be male and I fairly frequently am which certainly makes my day since I really don't want to be though of as male. So 50/50, I guess, but it kinda depends of the day.

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    It's either all or none for me.
    However, since I do not have any female tops, or dresses, it has been a T-shirt and a skirt, so perhaps that is not 100%.
    Regardless, I still like to be passable. And if I'm noticed, oh well; I still enjoy it!
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".