So, I went to Pride last month and it was great. I decided that I need to be more open about myself, my sexual preferences, and my image of who I am.

I'm not shouting it from the rooftops or anything, just doing small things. I still wear my binder, I wear rainbow earrings when I go out in 'girl mode', I tell people I have had girlfriends instead of referring to my exes as 'they', I also openly admire men's clothing when I go out, and I tell people who ask that I'm gay.

However, there is a lot of hate. My mom has quit talking to me and unfriended me on FB because of my 'lifestyle'. I had one woman tell me that she had nothing against gay people but that if I tried to 'convert' her, she would 'end' me. I've had people say that they're uncomfortable with me being in the pool with them, or hanging around their kids. I've had people telling me that I'm going to Hell and that I'm disgusting.

My dad has been a huge comfort to me during this time and helping me to laugh it off. But sometimes it's really hard. How does everyone deal with being themselves in a world full of hate?