Thread: This week's "may I help you, ma'am?"

This week's "may I help you, ma'am?"

This week's "may I help you, ma'am" takes us to Minute Maid Park, home of the Houston Astros where we about to take in a Sunday afternoon major league baseball game.

I'm with my dude friend, in total dude drab, sporting my dudely 24 hour beard shadow. Yeah, I have bra strap length hair tied back in a pony tail.

"May I help you, ma'am? Er..............sir? Heck, I don't know what I'm thinking about."

Once again...traditional male and female tells can be very strong.

Hugs, Michelle

Must be a CD energy field around us.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Platinum Member
    Feels nice to get an unexpected Ma'am, doesn't it!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I get lots of ma'am when I wear my hooded black coat and handbag.
    I have learned to mix it a bit.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I get ma'amed occasionally at fast food drive ups when I'm wearing nail polish in male mode. Guess they don't look too close.

Twice in the same week? Yesterday's was of the traditional kind. Our waiter approached us from my back so all he saw was the ponytail. "May I help you ladies?" My wife, who's been through this a few times, started in immediately with "my husband and I...", and I added a bit of basso profoundo. Much levity ensued. Hugs, Michellle