Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Last CD hurrah?

Last CD hurrah?

Well, last night I got to the club after not being there for awhile and it was great dancing en femme again and I take to it as a duck takes to water. This was a special themed weekend TG/CD weekend of which they have about three a year. This is nice as it gives those folks who are bashful or closeted a further chance to spread their wings.

I re-connected with a couple of old friends that I hadn't seen in awhile and really had fun. While that was the case, I was thinking that this may be my last CDing hurrah. Not because of any issues or problems but because I have grown as a person and had been starting to develop my guy side since integrating my feelings some time ago.Most of my life I had been uncomfortable with my guy feelings. I think I may also have asked in a previous thread how long do we plan on doing this. I know some folks indicated perhaps until they die which I have seen happen really.

All in all I have a feeling of satisfaction in my life and have nothing more to prove really. I may have indeed reached that point where I'm ready to hang up my wigs and bras for good. Time will tell I guess.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

This will be interesting to watch. Wonder if it will be like potato chips?

Platinum Member
    Hi Kate, Say it ain't so, We may have to have a going away party for you.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Kate, I think youre an exceptionally introspective person, and whatever you choose to do will be the best for you. Thanks for being your wonerful self, no matter which form you happen to take at any given moment.

Well I sure didn't see this coming. Quite surprised to say the least. But of course everyone has to be them selves, so I wish you well, but still will be hoping to see you around here more.
    Stephanie

I hope as you open your next chapter you don't forget about us in your last chapter, and drop in and tell us how your doing. I have been on this site a few years now, and I have read a lot of your post and I know you have been very honest and always gave good advice when you answered some of my post. Wish you well in your next steps.

Platinum Member
    Or it could be one of the mood swings CDrs report here. Time will tell.

I'm apparently in a different mode, because I don't really feel this is about accomplishing some goal or proving something, but rather about being myself. Whether I'm going out or I never leave the house, I would and do prefer to spend my time as a woman as much as circumstances allow. At this point I do not foresee an end.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Everyone knows that quitting CDing has the same consequences as quitting Melange ("spice")!!!!!

Hey kate! I know exactly where you are coming from. One of my goals is to develop my femme side and integrate it with my male side. I too was not comfortable with my guy emotions and dressing has made a big difference in understanding myself better. So i think i get the cut of your jib.
    Be vigilant about your guy side and make sure he stays healthy without dressing. I revert to my old, pre-dressing self to easily so im not ready to hang anything up. But if you are then im so happy for you. I mean that with all of my heart. Please stay with us, there is no telling how many more lives you can touch. Big hug...

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate Simmons View Post
    I think I may also have asked in a previous thread how long do we plan on doing this. I know some folks indicated perhaps until they die which I have seen happen really.
    As we come to crossdressing from many different perspecitives, it stands to reason that how we go about it would also be different. As the act satisfies a very individualized need in all of of us, that need may get satisfied to the point of extinction in some and in others, not. It just depends...

However, while it seems somewhat unlikely that we will ever fully understand why we do what we do, what is important is that we be comfortable with how things are for us. When that point is reached, dressing becomes more of a considered expression and less of a compulsion.

Only you know what makes you happy Kate. Enjoy whatever you decide to do next.

Do what is right for you. I know I go through periods of no dressing or desire often. I get to thinking it is a waste of time money and life but then after a few months its back and I am at it again. Then the thrill is back. Personally I like the reprieve and it keeps the dressing exciting when I start again. Since crossdressing acceptance is almost main stream now It doesn't seem like that big a deal.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Regardless of what I do, I will still be coming here to make comments and see how my friends are doing. It will be quite a contrast as next weekend I'm going to my GF's family reunion and meeting more of her family. It always feels like a family reunion of sorts when I go dancing at the club and a lot of energy flows out. I'm not in the limelight per se but not in the shadows either and in full view of everyone doing my thing on the dance floor.If by what I do others are inspired to express themselves my mission is fulfilled. Whatever the case it makes me very happy. Dancing as Ericka is extremely fulfilling. I can't really explain why, you almost have to experience it to understand it. Perhaps going to the three times a year thing en femme would give me the break loose time that I need.

I went through a weight lifting period during my thirties, and did no crossdressing for about eight years. But, I started dressing again, just a little at first, then I was going out 3or 4 nights a week.
    My suggestion, box up all your goodies, and put them in storage. I did, and I thanked myself eight years later. 😎

Always Stephanie Now! Stephanie Sometimes's Avatar
    Glad you will be keeping in touch on the forum Kate. I think a lot of us have periods when we set aside the CD'ing for a while. Have you had periods in the past when you did that and then returned to CD'ing later? In my case it always seems that when it comes back the need and desire is stronger than ever. Good luck on your life's journey!
    Hugs,
    Stephanie
    Last edited by Stephanie Sometimes; 07-13-2014 at 12:07 PM.
    "Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." Helen Keller (The Open Door)

"I give her my heart but she wanted my soul...But don't think twice, it's all right" Bob Dylan (1963)

Kate,
    Things do change and there is a lot of been there done that, in all our lives.
    Whatever you do there are always new interests to spur you on and from the CD perspective maybe you will just tone it down a little.
    I don't see interest waning completely, unless there is some other interest in your life, usually this leads to purging, now you know not to do this.

Whatever it is, a flat spot in your life maybe, just keep your chin up and look for new adventures, dressing is something you should be able to come back to one day. Do keep us posted.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Kate, I see myself moving in your direction. Sort of?

I'm increasingly resisting going out in public dressed as me. And, Sherry is no more welcome at T events than she is amongst the Muggles. At present, I'm still more uncomfortable being out with other dressers and being the only one not dressed. But, maybe I will get over that in time?

I don't plan on decreasing my dressing. It's just that I enjoy dressing so much more as Sherry and in private!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Which I may do as well RS. A while back I found a video tape I had made 30 years ago of myself dancing en femme to various pop songs.I was very closeted then. It was obvious back then that this was my venue. Other than being more honed and polished these days, I don't see much difference with the private dancing and dancing publicly at the club in full view. In any case I would be proud to be out there in public with you as Sherry my friend without hesitation.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    ahh so Kate made it to the Rainbow Mountain thingy...good for you...be sure to email me and tell me all about it..how was the pool area??

Kate - those videos are crying out for conversion from Betamax to MPEG... that would be like leaving a collection of van Gogh's to the nation..

I'm sure your feelings are valid and if you've attained a state of greater harmony then that is something to be celebrated... I'm truly happy for you!

Would that more of us could get there as well, there might be less need for somewhere like this... and for sensitive and caring people like yourself...

Time will tell but you may take years to wind down... I hope so...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

I've been thinking about this off and on all day Katey. Even if I'm not necessarily doing it myself, I may offer to help others like kind of a mentor or something but only if asked. I got to the pinnacle all on my own mostly before the Internet and freer communications and openness. That having been said I may go ahead and dress for special occasions through the year. We'll see.

An interesting delimmma, Kate. I use to go nuts waiting for a chance to dress in femme and would go all out with make-up, heels, and knock out dress and jewelry, etc. My long dressing time usually came once or twice a year when the wife and would rent a cabin or beach bungalow far from home and spend a week or so dressing and having fun. Then, hard work and good fotune allowed us to buy a few places in some of our favorite locations. Because it's closer to my businesses, I based myself in one of these and was able to get my girl on whenever I wanted.

Over time, in this new environment and the freedom I enjoy, my dressing habits changed dramatically. Make-up is rare for me anymore, and I gravitate to the simple and comfortable. I quite often opt not to dress as well. From this I've learned that the pink fog is non-existent as long as I don't have to bottle myself up and deny dressing when the compulsion strikes. I have no doubt that if I got back in a situation to where I could not dress "as needed" the pressure would build back up and I'd be a caught in the fog. Might be a lesson in that for all of us.

Careful I bite <3
    For part time CDers, letting the male side of you develop naturally as well is very important.

I agree that saying it's forever, and throwing all your stuff away may be a mistake (at least for the pocketbook if you're heavily invested in your dressing), but make sure the pink fog doesn't let your other half stay emotionally stunted.

Learn to express yourself as a guy, and enjoy him too!

Many of us fully embrace our guy side and still like to dress up occasionally (or often). I don't see it as betraying masculinity. I'm just a [otherwise] normal guy, not an overcompensating macho man. I like all things men typically do (husband, dad, sports, outdoor activities, handyman, etc. etc.) No amount of "guy stuff" diminishes my desire to crossdress. And so I do both.

Badwold, I agree.. I went to a place in Wisconsin three days last week, to fish and swim, and was planning on tking some lady clothes along. but, knowing i would be sleeping in my car, and the hassle it would be to dress up in my car, i decided to leave the lady bag at home, and just be a guy for the fishing and swimming and walking. I survived , was only checked by cops once, for sleeping in my car.