Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Farmer's Tan and Crossdressing

Farmer's Tan and Crossdressing

This summer, I have earned for myself a glorious example of a farmer's tan. Everything that is normally covered by a T-shirt on my upper body is about as pale as white skin can get! But my neck and head are rather well tanned. I will never be able to wear my pretty tops if I do not fix this! I'm going to have to get a dickey to wear under anything that is not a turtleneck.

Joey

I go tanning which solves the farmers tan problem. I only go every once in awhile, just so I have a nice base.
    Cinderella is proof that a pair of shoes can change a your life.

Facebook Page

At least you tan, I just burn

Try a tank-top or a muscle shirt for daytime wear, or put some sunscreen on the tanned areas and tell people you have a sensitive skin that burns easily (I do).
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

The tan on my legs almost looks like I am wearing stockings, it really look amazing.

Get a can of that spray on tan to help blend everything

Hate farmer tan, always have. I don't need to be super smooth and nut brown, but a gradual all over toning works. It takes a lot of careful work for me. I'm getting to a more or less acceptable look for the first time in a long while, Yay!

Get some basic moisturiser with at least an SPF 15 and use that every morning on your face and lower arms, keep that from getting too brown. It's a good idea from the skin cancer point of view anyway. I found a Vaseline intensive care one that was on sale recently. Super cheap.

On the subject of tanning and skin cancer, the Doctors in Australia are doing a re-think, and advising people to get out a little, and regularly. Their view is the big risk is to people who stay lilly white then accidentally get blistered. Also being outside is great from the point of view of Vitamin D and mental health.
    "Normal is what you get when you average out the weirdness that everybody has." Quote from my SO

Normal is a setting on a washing machine, or another word for average.

The fact that I wear a skirt as a male should not be taken as a comment on what you do, or do not wear, or how you wear it.

Aspiring Member
    Have that farmers tan also.

Banned Read only
    Well if it's any consolation to you, it seems to be SOP in the P&V gallery. At least half of the pics showing arms or legs have them. FT SCREAMS "man" here in Florida at least. I have a feeling most showing such pics never leave their homes dressed.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    I don 't spend much time outside as I work in a office every day and I never lay out and purposely try to get a tan, but nevertheless, living in California I still end up getting my lower arms being darker than my upper arms and shoulders. All I do is just use a good qualify self tanning product on those areas that are paler then I can wear sun dresses without it showing too much. My lower arms are still darker than everywhere else but it's not that noticeable.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

I usually get my solutions out of a bottle, sorta works for me.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

MIDI warrior princess Amy Fakley's Avatar
    Ugh, yeah I got myself a nice high-contrast male-pattern suntan/burn over the july 4th weekend, too.
    I'm basically glow in the dark, if I take off my shirt, now :-(

My usual solution to this problem is a football jersey (the kind with perforations). I still get the farmer's tan with it, but not nearly as much, as it lets enough sun through to keep things even-ish, or at least manageable.

But this was a family BBQ, and I was expected to wear "something nice".
    boo. Long sleeves or shugs for me for a while :-/
    "Why shouldn't art be pretty? There are enough unpleasant things in the world." -Pierre-Auguste Renoir

I have a permanent farmer tan on my arms, and I've found that Nadinola fade cream does lighten it over the long term (6 months use at least.)

You can get it online or at WallyWorld, in the "ethnic har/beauty products" section.

It does not work instantly, but it is inexpensive and with daily use it does lighten the skin. Keep covered up if you use it, though!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    ...I've found that Nadinola fade cream does lighten it over the long term (6 months use at least.)
    If it takes 6 months for the product to fade your tan, I would say the product might be a placebo!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I don't tan, just burn. So, tanning my normally covered upper parts could be fatal!

I hide my upper arms, which look masculine without my farmer tan, with sleeves whenever possible.

When NOT possible, (as in my avatar pic), I wear dyed tites over my arms to hide muscles, veins, and farmer tan.

No, I DON'T suggest anyone else try that!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Some great suggestions here. Im thinking, switch your shirt style and sleeve length a little every day, and switch which arm you wear your watch on. Oh, or you could do this...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Andy66; 07-13-2014 at 02:21 PM. Reason: resize pic

Banned Read only
    It's easy to fix..............for about a dollar or so in less than one minute.
    Last edited by Wildaboutheels; 07-13-2014 at 04:46 PM. Reason: looking for READERS

Yeah I got a comment about my FT the other day to... guess I have to start going topless in drab to!
    My whole life I have been dressing up as a man. This is me.
    Maura - Transparent

Find me on any of these places:
    Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Youtube, Instagram

That is most of our fates. You may want to try to tan the white parts without sunscreen and put sunscreen (SPF 1000?) on the already tanned parts.Theoretically this will even it out faster.
    Kim

"I just gotta be me"

I work out side in the Florida Keys, so I have the same problem year round. Trying to get out more often when not working to get rid of the lines.
    I know enough to know I don't know enough.

Peace

Always Stephanie Now! Stephanie Sometimes's Avatar
    Been fighting this problem as well here in AZ even with sunscreen you get tanned. So how do GG's avoid the farmer's tan anyway? I don't see them wearing bikinis all the time when out in the sun?

Inquiring minds would like to know.
    Stephanie
    "Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." Helen Keller (The Open Door)

"I give her my heart but she wanted my soul...But don't think twice, it's all right" Bob Dylan (1963)

California Dreamin Michaelasfun's Avatar
    Try the Banana Boat self-tanning line if you want to catch the rest of you up with the tanned part, their products work pretty good..
    Michaela

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice. - Rush

Platinum Member
    Hi Jonanne, I have figured out how to beat the problem, I do yard work with
    cutoff jeans (AKA Daisy Dukes ) and shirtless.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I was doing really well with my tan untill this weekend. I had a soccer tournament and spent sat and sun playing all day with no shade in sight! I really dont know what to do now, its a very very distinct farmers tan. Im so bummed out

Quote Originally Posted by jjjjohanne View Post
    If it takes 6 months for the product to fade your tan, I would say the product might be a placebo!
    No, I had permanently pigmented/freckled/blotchy skin caused by years of motorcycling in the sun. I used Nadinola daily and it did lighten the permanent pigmentation. It isn't an instant cure, but it does work and it isn't terribly expensive.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]