Thread: Feeling more content, one step at a time

Feeling more content, one step at a time

Thursday I had a long talk with one of my sisters and I finally told some one other than my wife and kids that I was Transgender. She told me she loved me no matter what and nothing would change that. I wanted to tell her so much more, but I could tell I was overloading her so I pulled back. She said it was a bit of a shock, and a lot to process, but she would support me. I can feel some of the weight lifting off of my shoulders, and I was smiling the rest of the day. I never realized how much I was holding back and keeping inside me.

You see, back in September I had a mild stroke. Then back in April I had a larger one. And I've just returned to work. And having a stroke made me realize how short life was and that I needed to live my life for me. So, I have made the choice to tell all my brothers and sisters. I'm not sure about my mother and father though, because I don't think either one of them would handle it well.

One down three to go.

On Friday, I was having lunch with my wife and I noticed our waitress at her ear pierced up high. I pointed it out to my wife, and told her I always wanted to do my ear like that. So she looked me in the eye and told me that I should do it. So I did.

I can't believe how happy I am. After everything I've been through I finally feel like I'm starting to live my own life. And, it's looking really good.

Thanks for listening. Peace.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I know enough to know I don't know enough.

Peace

Nice ear rings and your spot on about life is short. Im glad things went well with your sister. It is tough coming out to relatives. You cant be 100% sure which way its gonna go.
    As a side note, ive been wondering lately when i die if i want to be buried in a great pair of heels. Seems we should approach the pearly gates with confidence, and snappy heels are great for that

Life is too short for secrets.
    Do release them slowly though.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Careful I bite <3
    Life is short, and be who you were meant to be.

Platinum Member
    Hi Lady Catherine, Your piercings look wonderful.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Platinum Member
    Ouch...ok, kim a wimp. So glad that with those health issues you found some clarity and are using the experience to expand your life and fulfill youself.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Thanks everyone. I still can't stop smiling.
    I know enough to know I don't know enough.

Peace

Bless you and hope you continue to get better. State of mind is a big thing in helping you cope with ill-health. Good for you.