Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heels on the Clutch Pedal

Heels on the Clutch Pedal

I just have to share this story, it just happened to me yesterday and it was sooo much fun!

I had taken the evening to "myself", and was dressed modestly, with a pencil skirt, 2 inch heels, and a blouse. I remembered some of the ladies on the forum talking about wearing heels going to and from work, and I'd never tried it. Even with the 5 speed in my car, I felt compelled to try it. I've never been the smoothest on the clutch, and I havent had the car long, either, but I had to give it a go!

Long story short: I rocked! I'd never driven so motthly, before or since! I don't know why, but those heels mad seamless shifts effortless. I did a few laps around my neighborhood, and then pulled back in.

I'm definitely going out for another spin as sson as I can

It's the smallest things that can bring us the most pleasure glad you had a good drive!
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    Sounds awesome!
    I drove my stick-shift big Dodge pickup with 5.5 inch heels, one pair had no platform and the other had a 1.25" platform, just to see if I could. Though doable, it wasn't easy or fun.
    Your 2 inch heels though sounds like a blast!
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

I love driving in heels, clutch and all. On long road trips i always wear heels, I have apair of driving boots with 6" heels, tucked under jeans and away i go. Makes the road trip fun. Algoma
    "The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart." Helen Keller

I have never had a problem driving a six speed manual transmission with heels up to about 4", though that height is worn very infrequently. I do have to move my seat back when wearing my summer platform canvas or leather strappy sandals because of the added inches to my height. Non shoe related, I have also noted that I sit higher in the car (I am short to begin with) when dressed en femme because of the butt padding. For me, that is definitely an added benefit when dressing as a woman!

There is a whole new experience to "driving dressed" even obeying the rules of the road more closely.

I never speed.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Platinum Member
    Hi Stephanie, You are probably paying more attention to your driving and shifting.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE ORCHID View Post
    Hi Stephanie, You are probably paying more attention to your driving and shifting.
    I'm with Blue on this one, it most probably is because you're more aware of everything, driving while dressed. I get that way too - nothing wrong with that either!

I have to wonder - what are the accident rates for people who drive while dressed as the opposite sex? Is it extremely low per capita? If that's true, the insurance companies would have a field day with it! "Want lower rates? Dress as the opposite sex while driving and receive a 50% discount!"

~Mel
    ~Linebacker Melissa

Careful I bite <3
    Haha Mel, talk about an excuse to do what we already do!

Banned Read only
    I've never owned a car with an automatic, so I have a lot of experience with manual gearboxes. I haven't had any problem with 3" heels, but that might be the limit given limited flexibility in my right ankle. However, what is very difficult for me is to do Heel and Toe downshifts. The way you are supposed to do it is Toe on the brake and either roll your foot over to blip the gas or pivot your foot and touch the gas with your heel.

Since I have no rolling flexibility in my ankle and my foot tends to point outwards, I have to roll my knee 'way to the left to get the heel out far enough to touch the gas. Very difficult to do. So, my way of compensating is to Toe and Heel, in effect: Heel on the brake and Toe on the gas. However, this just doesn't work with heels of any sort as most times you just miss the pedal...

I knew I would make it at least around the block- the thing that shocked me was how SMOOTH i drove. It has truly never been better. It was hearing about the other ladies here driving that gave me the courage to try in the first place Funny how smoothness and being en femme went together...

Flatlander- I can't heel-and-toe at all-i've never even attempted it- but I might now that I've read your little tutorial. sounds like fun!

All of our cars are sticks.

I can drive in heels but if I'm wearing very dressy heels I'll usually take some slip-in flats for driving and switch to my heels a few blocks from wherever I am going. I do this because driving is more comfortable and it is possible to damage a delicate heel while driving.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

I need to try driving in heels. Maybe one day I will take a drive and take my heels. Sounds like an adventure.

Kymmie
    Just your average harley riding crossdressing biker

Why be normal??????

Small block,Hurst shifter,Massive pressure plate and 6" heels for Me. Hugs Roberta
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What great responses. Plenty of "strong women" in this thread! I'm definitely going to try it again- I think a drive-thru window is the next challenge. I'll need to perfect my hair and makeup first though.

I have driven in 2inch heels no problem but havent tried anything higher, funnily enough it was my first time out and also used a drive through the same evening.

Driving my 6 speed in heels is a huge challenge! I am much better at it than when I first tried. I usually drive with my heels off though unless its a short trip. My clutch is super stiff and car has tons of torque so switching hears makes the car extra jerky in heels.....whiplash anyone...lol
    You're a Daisy if you do! -Doc Holliday

I find driving with 2" heels is no problem even though I'm 6' 3" and always have the seat all the way back. Heel and toe just isn't in the cards when wearing heels, as my steering wheel is too close to the pedals, I have to move my knee to the right to clear the steering wheel even when wearing sneakers. I keep saying that I will modify the steering colum mount to bring the wheel a little closer to me to make heel and toe easier. If I did that then I could adjust the relationship between the brake pedal and the accelerator so my wide feet don't hit both at once.

Maybe one of these days my race car won't need a lot of work and I'll have time to work on the street car!

Of course then the race car transportrer needs a new clutch, and the trees need to be trimmed, and, and, and........

Hugs Bria

I have heels I drive in comfortably and heels that stick in the carpet when I shift. I always wear flats when I'm planning on wearing those heels. I can always change when I get to my destination. Safety first!

Dee

Be Kind, Generous & Safe DonnaCD68's Avatar
    My everyday driver is a 6spd. manual (and I've had many manual trans cars over the last 20+ years). I've driven in every size heel from 2" wedges up to a 5" stiletto. I've never had an issue driving in them. Long distance drive 1 hr+ I'll slip on my one and only pair of flats. After my Saturday nights clubbing and dancing I usually just take off the heels and barefoot. However this is not an option in the winter....but I'm generally wearing one of my pairs of shooties that are just as comfortable as any tennis shoe I own. So heels and a manual trans....no problem!
    I don't break hearts.......I melt them !!

Only thing I found when stuck in traffic was my calves got really tired just due to the different angle of my foot/heels. Would love to try some flats if I could ever find a large enough pair of ballet flats that actually looked ok.

5 speed, 6 speed should be no problem, I tried driving with heels in my kw 18 speed, which really is no big deal since once you get moving you don't need the clutch anyhow.

I went for a drive one night in 6" heels with 1.5" platform. My car is a Ranger ute (truck to our USA friends?) with 6 speed box. First hurdle was to get in the cab with a tight skirt and try to be ladylike about it. Once I got going the heels had to come off. No pedal feel through the soles and heel to pedal ratio not ergonomically friendly. The feeling though of driving with stockinged feet was something else again. Great feel and ....well.....quite girly I guess.
    Pedal to the metal girls!
    Amanda
    x

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by StephanieinSecret View Post
    I knew I would make it at least around the block- the thing that shocked me was how SMOOTH i drove. It has truly never been better. It was hearing about the other ladies here driving that gave me the courage to try in the first place Funny how smoothness and being en femme went together...

Flatlander- I can't heel-and-toe at all-i've never even attempted it- but I might now that I've read your little tutorial. sounds like fun!
    When correctly done, it eliminates that jerk when you downshift. Touching the gas just before going into the lower gear brings the engine speed up to where it should be. It's not necessarily something that you would do 100% of the time, but it is good to know when you need it. Also makes the passengers feel like you know what you are doing! There are videos on YouTube to show what it looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by Bria View Post
    I find driving with 2" heels is no problem even though I'm 6' 3" and always have the seat all the way back. Heel and toe just isn't in the cards when wearing heels, as my steering wheel is too close to the pedals, I have to move my knee to the right to clear the steering wheel even when wearing sneakers.
    That's my normal position, but for a different reason. I'm 5" shorter, but sit in a more reclined position than most with a semi-arms out arrangement. This forces more of a knees out position.

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda L. View Post
    I went for a drive one night in 6" heels with 1.5" platform. My car is a Ranger ute (truck to our USA friends?) with 6 speed box.
    With or without a Tray? Yes, I've been there! What you guys call a Ute is more like a Ford Ranchero or Chevy El Camino from many years ago.
    Last edited by flatlander_48; 07-15-2014 at 08:09 AM.

I have to agree... when we go on vacation it's a 14hr drive and I always drive in my wedges but rest in drab... once I even stopped and walked with them outside while stretching my legs some and that's the first time I've been outside dressed in some way!
    My whole life I have been dressing up as a man. This is me.
    Maura - Transparent

Find me on any of these places:
    Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Youtube, Instagram