Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wife has the best of both worlds.

Wife has the best of both worlds.

Well Saturday started off as a good day, my wife had a charity dinner that night, and it was a very formal event and she was trying on different dresses and then asked me if I could model some dresses for her so she can get a different view of the dress, she usually ask me to do this and I love doing it, but I complain about it because I don't want her to know I enjoy it. Afterwards I got changed back into male mode and went to the bank. She was standing in line and I was sitting on the side, she was saying something to me and a rode guy cut in front of her. When she told him that he budded in he just ignored her and didn't even flinch. I went over and told the guy that he cut in front of my wife in line. Now don't get me wrong, I am not one to look for a fight, in my younger years many years of karate and kick boxing taught me discipline, a word for a word, an action for an action. He was a few inches taller and much more built then I was, but my theory is, I would rather get beat up then back down. He turned around and said that she was talking to me and the line moved up, and that made him next. I told him the next line he was going to be next in would be the line at the hospital if he didn't let my wife back in front of him. We stared at each other for a few seconds and he told my wife to take her place in front of him. I sat back down and she finished and we left the bank, when we got in the car my wife said to me how lucky she was, a few hours ago she had a girlfriend that she was trying on dresses with and asking for advice and opinion, and now she has a man next to her to defend her, and didn't understand why any women would mind having a husband as a crossdresser. I told her maybe she should write a thread on this site to help out the guys who are having problems with there wife's, she said maybe one day she will. She said I don't know why there would be a problem, she has the best of both worlds. It was very touching to hear her say that. I told her, I think I am the lucky one.

Well done Maria! And a great ending! Hope the evening had better excitement for you!

Genny B
    Dani (Genny before Transition)
    All Girl!

Gold Member
    I like your story; It brings to mind what my wife would say about me.
    She said that I was a very thought full man, always remembering birthdays etc.
    and seeming to know what she needed ahead of time.
    How to pick out a comfy bra for her, nice shoes etc.
    Her girl friends where all envious of her because I was a real good husband.
    I miss her a lot, I have no one to spoil.
    Rader

Aspiring Member
    Middle of Oregon, on the West side, but my feet aren't wet!
    Way to be there for her, Maria! You are the lucky one!!

Good story - thanks for sharing

Aspiring Member
    I'd like to hear from your wife, Maria

And I expect the fact that you're masculine enough in guy mode to still protect her is why she's so happy. My H is also like this and I know that's why we're still together, despite my personal block on crossdressing in general. I don't even really know why - it's just not my thing, I guess, so it's hard.

And on the other side, the husbands who slowly become more feminine in all aspects of life probably struggle more? I'd be curious to hear if your wife would be so happy if you were feminine all the time. This information might help those husbands lost in a 'pink fog' find their way back.

Balance. That's what I see as the key to personal and marital happiness - crossdressing or not.

I believe you just said the magic word, BALANCE. It is very important that both remain happy, as long as we are both able to give and take and always put the other person first and listen to there feelings and not be selfish, there has to be a way where both can be happy. I am not going to lye, there are times when I would love to take it further, but I know where the line in the sand is, and I may cross it at times, but I approach it slowly. In a relationship it does not only have to do with crossdressing.
    Last edited by DAVIDA; 07-15-2014 at 05:05 AM. Reason: There is no need to quote the post right before your post.

It's early days since I told my wife but already I think she has begun to realise it has it's benefits. For one thing I've already begun to buy her clothes. Casual items so far. But there was an interesting moment the other night when she was going for a walk with a friend and she realised she had no light sporty top to go with the jog pants which I bought her. She asked me if I had anything she could wear. I showed her my male tops but she shrugged and asked if I had anything 'else' with a glance in the direction of where I keep my female clothes. I suddenly got it but sadly I didn't have anything.

I look forward to the day when she casually takes my female clothes in the same way as she often takes my male clothes.

But she also still has the benefits of my male role. Not to the extent that I can handle myself in a fight though!

Well I don't think I would have handled myself either if this guy wanted to fight, it's been years since I had a fight and at my age I think I was going to get a good ass kicking, but I think sometimes when you show confidence you don't know what other people are thinking., he seen enough that I was serious and I believe he knew that he was wrong.
    Last edited by DAVIDA; 07-15-2014 at 05:06 AM. Reason: There is no need to quote the post right before your post.

Yes but isn't the old male thing, almost universal both in humans and the animal kingdom, you fluff up your feathers and dance around posturing, particularly when it comes to protecting your mate. Most confrontations don't end up as a fight anyway. Thank goodness, otherwise I'd be flattened regularly! I can bluff a bit but really I'm very girly and weak. I'm not fighter. But when it comes to protecting my own then I'll do my best. He looked at you and thought, it's not worth taking a chance.

But given your experience. I wouldn't bet against you if it came to battle!

Platinum Member
    Hi Maria, Bullies are not used to being taken to task that was a great story.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I am sorry but I do not think threating a person with violence is OK. True, the courteous thing would have been for the person to keep his place in line. However, to risk all for one place in a bank line that could have been an innocent mistake is not smart. Fortunately, the person you confronted prevailed and no one was hurt.
    It's not about gender it's about fashion www.flickr.com/photos/9438546@N08/sets

Silver Member
    Glad you stood up for your wife. It seems like much of society has lot their manners and are not considerate. This political correctness is why we have such problems.

Good on 'ya - we have enough inconsiderate boobs around and sometimes they need to be shown how to behave................................Debra

Quote Originally Posted by Maria 60 View Post
    my wife . . . asked me if I could model some dresses for her so she can get a different view of the dress, she usually ask me to do this and I love doing it, but I complain about it because I don't want her to know I enjoy it.
    Why would you act like you don't enjoy it?
    DonnaT

Donna T, for some reason when you tell your wife you love something, it seems as if the less you get of it. I told my wife how much I loved her home made apple pie about three years ago, and I can tell you I haven't eating apple pie in three years. It seems they like making you do thing you don't like. But that's just my opinion.

Maria, I have to agree with patti.jean...it's always best to pick one's battles, and this wasn't one of those occasions. It had all the makings of a "road rage" incident, and had things escalated totally out of hand, there's no telling where it could have ended, including you laying dead on the ground.

True, the queue-jumper might have been an inconsiderate jerk, or maybe he just did this without thinking when he saw a spot in the line suddenly materializing, and as the scientists will tell you, "nature abhors a vacuum" . Either way, it doesn't warrant such a confrontational approach, and certainly not before all the pertinent facts were established.

Seems to me from one of your earlier responses that you are a Canadian, which explains a lot. We're generally those polite folks (well, with the possible exception of Justin Bieber or Toronto Mayor Rob Ford ) who are apt to be the ones who say "Sorry!" when someone else steps on our toes. That probably explains why the guy backed down so readily and didn't deck you when you called him on his B.S.

If this same incident had happened in any major U.S. city, the guy would likely have pulled out his handgun (legal, and legally concealed in some states as well), and put a bullet in your head. And if his name were George Zimmerman he likely would have been acquitted as well in the name of some "Stand Your Ground" law.

You got off lucky this time. Best not to tempt fate again...

Quote Originally Posted by Maria 60 View Post
    Donna T, for some reason when you tell your wife you love something, it seems as if the less you get of it. I told my wife how much I loved her home made apple pie about three years ago, and I can tell you I haven't eating apple pie in three years.
    Hmmm. Maybe that's why my wife hasn't made her pan pizza dish in quite some time!
    DonnaT

Quote Originally Posted by Leslie Langford View Post
    Maria, I have to agree with patti.jean...it's always best to pick one's battles, and this wasn't one of those occasions. It had all the makings of a "road rage" incident, and had things escalated totally out of hand, there's no telling where it could have ended, including you laying dead on the ground.

If this same incident had happened in any major U.S. city, the guy would likely have pulled out his handgun (legal, and legally concealed in some states as well), and put a bullet in your head. And if his name were George Zimmerman he likely would have been acquitted as well in the name of some "Stand Your Ground" law.
    Very True, one has to ask themselves if a particular situation warrants risking a lethal violent escalation. The guy may have waited outside for both husband and wife and stabbed them when they exited. In an uncertain world, escalating a situation into violence is never a good idea. If attacked by a violent person or persons, do what you have to do to make it home safe.

I'm sure we should not be talking politics, but Zimmerman was acquitted because a jury of his peers determined it was self defense when a person jumps you and is sitting on top of you trying to beat you to death. Zimmerman never claimed "stand your ground", that was U.S. media hype. It is not as violent here in the states as the media portrays it, I have lived here over 4 decades and only needed to defend myself from a person wielding a lethal weapon ( long knife) once. I am actually extra careful and overly polite in these situations because if I let the other person escalate it to needing to use lethal force of any kind, I have to live with the fact that I didn't do everything I could to diffuse a situation. Another thing for one to consider is that although one may think they are the only one involved if they challenge a person, if they should defeat you they may just take their anger and aggression out on the very person you are trying to protect, especially if that person tries to help you during the attack. Although I am trained and prepared for a violent encounter, I will do everything I possibly can to prevent it from going there from apologizing (even if it isn't my fault), to walking away. They may think it is a sign of weakness or cowardice, but I am really trying to protect them from what I may have to do, and me from having to live with it. My SO knows very well that although I may seem to be the one backing down, that she is safer with me than sitting in a police car with an officer.

Aspiring Member
    All I will add is this: I'm not an agressor or fighter. But I might stand my ground and say something. At least in the state I live in, assaulting someone over 60 carries a much stiffer penalty. My plan would be to hit the ground after a hit and take an ambulance ride because I can't get up, and make sure someone called the cops.

Cheryl

In my defence, if it was only the budding in it wouldn't have been a big issue. The part I didn't like was that when my wife told him he budded in and he ignored her was where he was ignorant. When she told him he budded in, all he had to do was explained she was talking and the line moved up and he went. That's how easy it was, I only stepped in when he thought he could treat my wife like dirt and show no respect to her and not even respond to her. There is a line in the sand and when he ignored her is to me where he crossed it. I think any one would have did the same thing for there wife, gun laws or no gun laws. What's right is right. There are times to step back and there are times to step up.

Silver Member
    The first one to get physical will almost always lose in a court of law. Right or wrong, he certainly could be acquitted if he used lethal force, if the other person was the first to get physical. Why risk 2 lives over someone cutting in line at a bank?

Good for you a wonderful stance on your part.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Your wife is amazing. I just recently told my wife and she still sees me as a man. She is still really supportive of my new way of life. She is slowly coming around to letting me try on clothes at the store and stuff like that. Just the other day we were at target and I saw a pair of jeans I couldn't live without so she urged me to go try them on. Being kind of embarrassed since I was in my male clothes. She practically dragged me to the dressing room. The lady saw that the jeans were female and smiled and took me to my dressing room. The target lady said nothing rude. I will most definitely go shop there more often. If it wasn't for my wife I wouldn't have those jeans.

Sorry for stealing your thread Maria

That's awesome, Maria. Thank you for sharing that. I know you wife appreciates her man, and good thing she supports the girl, too.

I power lifted for the better part of 20+ years. Resulting physique makes me not passable, and I don't go out en femme. However, when in man mode my wife says it's like having Godzilla as a pet. I subscribe to your balance notion, and that might be why she supports me.