Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm so close to going out

Platinum Member
    Hi Gwinnie, The journey of a thousand miles starts with the first step.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Quote Originally Posted by Betty Jean Blose View Post
    Gwinnie....all the lovely girls here have given you good advice.......really, there is little else I can add.....but perhaps this video I made on just this subject my help you: Good Luck!
    Excellent video and advice, Betty Jean. I really enjoyed it.

My first outing was pretty much like DonnaT describes. I was really nervous until the second the front door closed behind me then my fears just..... disappeared. It all felt quite natural, normal. It was a dark evening but even so I don't pass at all. I spent about an hour walking the busy streets and went back home with considerable reluctance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've only been out once (I hope to fix that soon) but I'd say that going against the simple of mistake of dressing flashy rather than dressing to blend can make it more difficult to pass. I'd say wear something simple to get your confidence up and maybe try a movie on a day that isn't busy. That is what I plan on doing to ease my way into more public outings. Good Luck! Keep us posted.

I've been going out for about 5 years, now, and I've learned a couple of things. First, the fear of being "clocked" is blown way out of proportion. At any given time, about 80% of the people in a room such as a resturaunt will not even know you are there. Of the 20% the are aware that you are on the room, maybe 2% will realize that you're a guy in a skirt. Of those that realize you're a guy in a skirt, only 1% will care. Most people are to busy with their own lives to even notice us.

As has been mentioned before, confidence will carry the day. As some very wise GG on e told me, "Head up, shoulders back, and boobs out. Walk proud!"

Reality Check
    I think people do notice. I know I notice and my wife notices. If anyone walks by in the mall or on the street who look s a bit different, we notice and comment to each other. The other day in the mall there was a guy in one of the booths selling cell phones. He had short black hair on the sides and long green hair on top combed over. We noticed. If a woman walks by with large partially exposed breasts, we notice. Same for a too tight dress or too high heels. We notice men if they look odd to us as well. I doubt we are different from everyone else, I suspect we are the same.

I'm not saying that it matters if people notice or read you as a CD, just that I believe thought that they don't is incorrect.

Crossdresser-At-Large BillieAnneJean's Avatar
    One day I had a full beard of thirty years and had never considered crossdressing. The next I was in a pastel pink double breasted coat, heels, stockings, forms, padded panties, wine colored knit jersey dress, false nails, false eyelashes, makeup, wig, and walking down the Main Street. In a straight nightclub dancing until two am.

One minute unknown, the next all in.

For me being OUT and being enfemme are one and the same. It is for me as natural to be OUT while dressed as it is to BE dressed.

Do as good a job as you possibly can with your presentation. Dress appropriately, go to another town thirty miles away, one that is a decent size like 100,000 people, and it will be less stressful.

But HAVE FUN!