Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: If a cure existed...would you still be you?

Banned Read only
    Western Upstate NY, on a Lake Ontario city
    In a heartbeat... I'd take a double dose on the rocks and look back regretfully at others lives I have hurt or affected. Its not just about me.

We CDs tend to be self absorbed, narcissistic and think the pretty little world of CDing is all painted nails, makeup wigs and heels. . I wish I'd never experimented with that first garment at 5 yrs old.

if that kind of technology was around, then surely technology would be around to make me a GG and then I wouldn't have to even worry about it in the first place. The only thing id want to fix is to correct what I should have been born with in the first place... Which is a vagina, and everything else that comes with that. I want the total package.

No Way:
    The only cure I would want is that I would have a vagina between my legs and I am the proud mother of several children
    by being a patient in a maternity ward.
    Marilyn Monroe says "I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a woman in it".
    and I wish I was born a woman

I don't think I'd want to cure myself. It's not me that needs to change, it's the view of society that needs to change. Curing myself would take away a part that makes me who I am. Some people could argue that taking medication for mental conditions is similar but really, it isn't. Crossdressing is not a mental illness.

Careful I bite <3
    As a non-conforming individual it's either be somewhat self absorbed, or start losing my self confidence.

I'd even disagree with the word though. I think about everyone I'm affecting while I do it. It's part of the reason I don't do everything I would want to do, and that includes my cross dressing. I would say I can be assertive in who I want to be.

It's part of the reason why I don't think it would still be the same me. This is a central part of why I have so much confidence in who I am at all times. As for my doubts, it's the reason that if it existed I can't say I wouldn't have considered it, or as I and other have suggested, considered becoming fully female.

Quote Originally Posted by Megan70 View Post
    In a heartbeat... I'd take a double dose on the rocks and look back regretfully at others lives I have hurt or affected. Its not just about me.

We CDs tend to be self absorbed, narcissistic and think the pretty little world of CDing is all painted nails, makeup wigs and heels. . I wish I'd never experimented with that first garment at 5 yrs old.

Quote Originally Posted by Aubrey View Post
    A cure would be great! Not for CD/TS/TGs, but for the horrible judgmental people out there that recklessly hate what they do not understand. Good luck getting them to take it though
    This.. is the best answer I've seen to this "cure" question!
    │ Fashion and science geek!

│ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/nat.crys.5

│ My blog: http://natcrys.blogspot.com/

If I had to do it over again I would change a number of things, but this would be low priority and probably wouldn't make the list at all. I've made many mistakes in life, things I regret doing, "friends" I regret making and a family that turned out to be too dangerous to be around, those I've hurt (although I didn't intend to) and many other faults, but not dressing. I was incredibly lucky in that I found the right SO and that we stayed together until her death 3 years ago and that dressing was one thing that didn't faze her; just another facet of a loved one.
    I don't think it would affect very much either way; I would still be me.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

South Africa, where the lions walk the streets ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by MelanieAnne View Post
    And maybe it sounds selfish, but when you are crossdressing, you can spend 100% of your time and energy pleasing yourself, instead of someone else.
    Sorry to say, but that is definitely a selfish view. How sad would the world be if everybody wanted to spend 100% of their time pleasing themselves only.... and ironically enough.... it is soooo not like us real women to only try and please ourselves.

Megan70, I wish more CDs knew that life isnt just about nailpolish and high heels, and the same with being feminine.

I'm priviledge to have a husband who understands and really gets that.
    Last edited by Lidea; 07-18-2014 at 02:43 AM.
    Got overwhelmed by the BLUE Fog....

Aspiring Member
    Lidea, ditto!

I thought the same and also thanked the stars above that, while my H enjoys CD, he doesn't prefer it over time with me or our family or other people! (We went through a period of this but he fast realised it would end with him living alone!) Anyway, I find this hermit scenario sad and strange and not very feminine. The women I know all crave social interaction and close relationships with others ...but, each to their own.

And yep, Megan70 gets the preferred post medal in my book, too. If my H hadn't been curious at age 7, I wouldn't be on this forum! He is the one who also says this, but hey, kids do the darnedest things and this isn't exactly warned about in Scout books, lol.

Of course, for those born to be women, it's a different answer altogether and lately I think this is the demographic largely represented here. I would think a cure for them is to be born a woman. For the Joe Blow crossdresser who doesn't really get it and could have done without it in their life - there is selflessness and honesty in admitting you'd willingly drink the beer!
    Last edited by Tinkerbell-GG; 07-18-2014 at 03:34 AM.

I would gladly drink the beer tink. I would not want to turn into an a hole just to be more masculine or macho..
    . But if u ever stumble upon the drug which leaves my core personality intact and removes the femininity and desire to c please send it my way.

Depends on how you describe the cure. For me it would be to achieve a perfect balance between XX and XY, and warm acceptance for being blended, not just tolerance. To simultaneously be both man and woman, and to express that duality as I so choose, that's my cure.

Great question. Makes me think of the Xmen movies. If a "cure" would take away half my personality, then, no thanks. If it would just take away the desire to dress, then I think I would sign up. My life would be so much easier.

Interesting question. Here's a better one. If there were a cure for being cis-gendered, would you use it "just in case?"

Gone to live my life
    Hi Adriana,

A little late to the thread but oh well, I'll pile on with my two cents.

I won' go into whether I think CDing can be, should be or will cured as that is not the intent of your question. More so, would I be a different person?

It really comes down to what you mean by curing. If I take the pragmatic approach I believe you mean removing the desire to dress "en femme" at whatever level we do (fully, partially, under dresser). If this is what you mean, then a big "no" for me. I am the same person dressed or not. Through therapy, I have learned that by "hook or by crook" I managed to suppress my CDing tendencies for 32 years and while they did manifest themselves during that time in some form of fetishistic self-pleasure (if you know what I mean) using particular items, I did not have the urge to dress or present "en femme". However, I was supressing the desire and like anything supressed it took an emotional toll on me which affected my personality. Specifically, I slowly slid from a happy go lucky guy into an angry, hostile, douchebag existence (affecting my marriage 5 years before I came out) and finally spiralling into a dark emotional depression which could have gone "very bad" . . . insert therapy, discovery of my gender identity issues and finally the emergence of Isha. Once I accepted Isha, I then started my upward crawl back to "happy go lucky guy". As my wife often tells me when I feel that Isha may be too much for her "Are you kidding, Isha gave me back the guy I married" . So since I am no longer denying the existence of Isha, whether I am dressed "en boy" or "en girl" I am very happy (well as happy as anyone can be with life in general) and my personality has moved back to where it was 30 some years ago.

So, if a cure existed (say a simple pill) would I be different? As I said above "no". Without my desire to dress, I would have had nothing supress many years ago, my personality would have remained the same and would still be the same as it is today . . . happy just being me.

Hug

Isha

As for me, if the "cure" did actually exist I wouldn't do anything different. I like who I am mainly because this is me. Am I "wired" a bit differently YES. Do I like having a somewhat feminine figure YES. Do I like wearing all things feminine YES. Am I a woman NO. Have I thought about transitioning YES. My cross dressing has opened my eyes to a different world and has given me the opportunity to meet other like me and I have been doing this for a very long time. I have accepted and embraced all these facts and this is who I am.

Molly
    "To thine own self be true"

Reality Check
    The "cure" for crossdressing already exists. It's called "willpower". If you truly want to stop crossdressing it's a matter of deciding not to do it anymore and putting on male clothes every morning. Nobody is putting a gun to your head and forcing you to crossdress.

I'm not saying it's easy and I'm not saying there is anything wrong with crossdressing as long as you're not hurting yourself or your loved ones. I am saying that it's in your power to stop if you need or want to.

Aspiring Member
    if there were such a cure I would take it in a heartbeat, it has taken its emotional toll on me for all my life.
    although my wife has been tolerant and even supportive I know deep down how much my coming out to
    her just over 3 yrs ago has hurt her.
    I so enjoy the feminine side of myself and the expression of it in my dressing but if the urge wasn't there
    life would be less stressful and much more simple

Nondressing CDer ReluctantDebutant's Avatar
    I would take the pill in a heartbeat as well. I don't think it would any loss to my life at all. It defies my logic, it plays with my emotions, it does not concern itself with how I want to live my life. It acts on its own and will not be missed.

Krisi.

You are right willpower can work to stop that act of cross-dressing (I am practicing that myself) But it doesn't make it go away. It maybe out of sight but it is not out of mind.

I don't see my crossdressing as something that needs a "pill" or a "cure". I'm 23 and I enjoy it a lot, I'm more confident with it and I care less about what people think than I use to. So for me I wouldn't change a thing about who I am and how I got here, I enjoy it, and it makes me happy so why should it need a "cure"?

My SO and I don't talk about my CDing anymore but years ago when we did discuss it was very evident that she wanted me 'cured'. I'm of the opinion that at this stage of my life I never will be 'cured'.

OK, I've given you a smart-ass answer (which really isn't a smart-ass answer). But I feel like this topic is very serious, and deserves a more serious answer. The question posed by the OP is really two questions. First, "if there was a cure, would you take it?" And second "if you did take it, would you still be you?"

As to the first question, I consider it a blessing to be transgendered. I consider being transgendered to be vastly preferable to being cis-gendered. Let's suppose, for a moment, that I were a world-famous concert pianist. If there were a "cure" for being a world famous concert pianist, a "cure" that would turn me into someone who could only play "chopsticks" at parties, would I take it? What kind of a question is that? No! Of course I wouldn't. That's how I feel about being transgendered. My comment about a cure for being cis-gendered was meant to reflect exactly this sentiment.

As to the second question, no, I wouldn't be me. In fact, I've tried really hard to be that guy. I don't like him very much. He was only half a person. Actually, I don't really dislike him. He was just trying to do what he thought was his duty, and there's nothing wrong with that. As I've stated in other posts, I consider the female side of my personality to be the best part of me: the part of me that I like the most. I like aspects of my male side as well. But without the female side, which is much stronger, I'm at best only half a person. No, I wouldn't be the same person without my female side.

The Mad Scientist
    I would not ever take a cure. To me, it's the beginning of a natural evolution of the "old school" 1970's macho hairy man that deep down - everyone hated anyway.
    Certainly that "person" would find less acceptance today than then.

Just yesterday my SO (wife) told me that she would also not wish that I (if available) would take a cure for CD - as she loved me for who I was and if I was 'somehow cured' of it - it would change me and that would be a tragic loss.

Wow, the depth of emotion in hearing that was profound. It was way more than acceptance.

let me know when they find said cure for being straight, gay, tall, short, extrovert and introvert LOL

No cure, but like others a way to totally be female and then back again. I like both sides.

Aspiring drama queen Isabella Ross's Avatar
    Never. I came out to my parents and siblings a few months ago. My mother was incredibly supportive but clearly seemed to feel sorry for me...that it was an incredible burden. I set her straight very quickly, and explained to her that my TGism brings me so much joy that, if there were a switch or a "cure", I would never be stupid enough to go for it.