Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many times have you stopped dressing up?

How many times have you stopped dressing up?

Ive tried to quit crossdressing so many times!! Ive purged about 6 times in my life already. The longest time without dressing up was about 3 to 4 years. I keep wanting to quit, but then i dont!! Somedays i just want to be all girly, and others i hate that i am that way. Its confusing:P But its all good, life keeps going on i guess. Oh my last purge lasted about 1 week. I even bought a new wig to compensate for how much i missed dressing up:P life... confusing as hell

California Dreamin Michaelasfun's Avatar
    Not sure about really "stopping", but I have gone months sometimes w/o dressing, I think mainly because I'm subject to depression at times and just don't feel like it. I have however resisted the urge to purge and just left my girly stuff in the closet til I feel like doing it again.
    Michaela

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice. - Rush

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Welcome to the purge club hon, well your a long term member.
    I did a big one recently and it was about my 3rd or 4th.
    Yes it's tough being who we are or what we think anyway.
    I understand the hate too.
    Hang in there

I've never actually tried to quit. But I have lost interest several times for various periods up to several months, due to the excitement of a new girlfriend. But I always go back to it, and never get rid of anything.

I've quit more times than I can count, nearly all back when I used to believe that I had a normal chance of finding a GF who would accept that I might crossdress again someday, that it wouldn't be a relationship breaker. Now that possibility seems out of reach, so I just take time off once in a while, testing the dating waters, knowing that I will probably not ever get to stop permanently.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Platinum Member
    Hi Mia, I quit at least once or twice a day.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

i have quit a bunch and purged a few times. I used to think i was wrong for dressing. But now i have become ok with it and feel like i am not the only one in the world doing it. Being online and finding so many others has really helped. Back before i had internet i had no idea how many of us there really are.
    I think the last time i purged was a few years ago. I will not do it again because i got some really cute stuff and its too hard to get.
    It has been a really confusing time over the years though. Much better now though, even though nobody knows and i gotta sneak in some gurl time here and there.

Not many purges in my life, but the wardrobe purged has been larger each time. I would hate to purge the wardrobe I have now, there's too much invested.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

I only purged once and that was when I got married. Mostly for the practical reason that I couldn't bring it with me. I never actually stopped dressing though only now it was my wife's clothes occasionally.

Careful I bite <3
    From my point of view anytime I have to go for an extended period of time without dressing is "stopping". I'm entering a month stretch where it's just not possible. Sometimes it's less planned than this one.

Either way my intent is never to stop permanently though. I'm just willing to go and live my life as I want to without being bound to dressing, or not dressing.

I can't always dress and I've unwillingly gone a few months at times. When I entered the service I had to purge all my stuff because I didn't think I'd be coming back from Viet Nam. Went three years that time.

I've never really stopped or purged.

Sometimes I've slackened off, but it wasn't because I'd quit underdressing.

I think I'm a Cicada. I have long dormant periods followed by a burst of activity.

Little Mrs. Snarky! Nadine Spirit's Avatar
    I purged once. Got rid of everythng, except for underwear. I suppose that I somehow figured out some lame reason why that didn't "count." Ha funny!

Within a year or two, I had replaced everything. Also I came to understand that this is me, and I am going to go with it. No more hating myself and I am trying to institute a policy of self love. Guilt, shame, worry, who needs it? Not me. I will never purge again.

If I see something wrong with me, I work to change it. I see nothing wrong with cross dressing thus I work to accept it.

For a long time I couldn't... but now, I'm making up for that, long time... When I dress I enjoy myself - Its fun

I would dress in secret in my previous relationship. When then ended and I was doing the single thing with all the opportunities to dress in private, the desire was gone. I attribute this to having the hunter guy instincts going full power. Once I was in a relationship again and content the urge came back.

Part-time girl... Tracy Hazel Lee's Avatar
    Never. The thought of throwing away money is not appealing to me...
    Tracy Hazel Lee

@URNA @Flickr

I always thought I just had a panty fetish. I didn't realize I was a cross dresser. Since coming to understand myself I have yet to be visited with the need to stop. Should that come at some point, I hope I have learned enough to pack things away rather than throwing them out. Just in case

Hug
    Rita
    A person should wear what he likes to. And not just what other folks say. A person should be who she likes to. A person's a person that way!
    ~Marlo Thomas~

I can't even remember how many times I "purged" and swore Never Again from when I was about 16 till 10 years ago when I came out to my wife. I know it is now "Never Again" but this time that refers to purging. I finally accepted myself for who I am and I will not go back.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Well when I was younger every time is finished dressing I thought it was my last time. I would buy a pair of pantyhose and wear them, take them off and tell myself this is the last time I do this, and then a week later I was buying another pair. When I told my wife was when it all came together. She told me not to drive myself crazy trying to figure it out, as far as she was concerned I wasn't hurting anyone and that there was nothing wrong with me that I was a normal person, and just enjoy it when you can and most of all have fun with this gift I was given. I took her advice and just enjoy every opportunity I get and try not to ask why me? On one of my bigger purges before my wife, I threw out a slip I wish I could take back. It was a real satin slip I, you mite say stole from a friend. It felt so great and would trade the fifty slips I have now for that one back.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    I have purged maybe 3 or 4 times...and I always come back to it. I finally accepted the fact that Adriana is not going anywhere, and it is ok to crossdress so...no more purging for me. Besides it is such a waste to have to re-buy everything again...now the only thing I purge is clothing that no longer fits and is too big ( yay diet) !!!

Mia, I'm sure many of us share or have shared those feelings. How many times have I stopped? Too many to count, there are specific moments in life where I vowed never to do it again, times where I though I'd done it all, I have nothing left to prove, nothing new to experience, I don't need this. How many times have I purged? Maybe six times, maybe more, definitely more. The last purge, known locally as the "The Great Purge of 2013", saw me frantically starting to replace things not more than 48 hours later.
    This thing is confusing, especially when you're younger. Get some advice if you feel you need it, professional advice. But ultimately accept your feelings, they are valid.

Christen x
    “Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing
    and rightdoing there is a field.
    I'll meet you there.” - Rumi.

Well, I've both stopped and I've purged. By stopping, I mean just not dressing indefinitely, whether by choice, or a lack of desire to dress. I can't say how many times I've done that, because it always feels pretty natural.

What doesn't feel natural at all are the times I've purged. I've probably had 3 or 4 major ones. At least, they were major enough for me to really wish I hadn't. I used to say I regretted them, but ultimately they were all necessary for me to be where I am today - which is to say that I'm a lot more secure with myself and that idea that this isn't going away.

I wouldn't dwell on not wanting to dress, at times. It happens to the best of us. For whatever reason, sometimes the need is just not there. But it's a mistake to think that signifies that it's gone away for good. Better just to save your things in a safe place until the day comes that you find that old girl knocking on your door. She doesn't like to wait outside.

At least with my last significant purge, I'd learned enough to have the good sense to pack away a "Break Glass in Case of Emergency" box. When the emergency came, all I had to do was climb back into the attic. But really, there's a reason people on here constantly recommend not purging: it's a terrible idea.
    "She ain't waiting 'til she gets older, her feet are makin' tracks in the winter snow.
    She got a rainbow that touches her shoulder, she be headed where the thunder rolls."

-Van Halen, "Secrets"

I've only purged once and regretted it. It is a terrible waste of money and good clothes. Confusion is common for us but what might help you come to terms with it is confiding what you do to someone you trust. I'm not saying you definitely should but I did it and I haven't had a desire to purge since. As long as it is a positive experience, it can really help with the shame you feel.

Junior Member Miss Interpretation's Avatar
    I've purged twice already, maybe three times in just the past 10 years. My purges are never 100%...I usually just throw away enough so the remaining stuff (usually my favorite) is small enough to hide or move with me. Like many of the CDers here, I've tried to stop dressing altogether, but I always come back to it! Plus, over the years I've gotten a little better at selecting clothes that fit me well. I guess you could say I'm just throwing out the old stuff and replacing it with new clothes!