Thread: Thank you for the lift

Thank you for the lift

I have been separated from my wife for a little over a week now. we were together for 26 year's. l''ve known that it was coming for some time. Any way today I was working on getting more organized when I came across the email address and pass word I setup when I signed up here. I. don't use it so I have never checked it. To day I checked it. and found a birthday greetings from this site. Even thou. from January when my birthday is it gave me a lift I needed today. I feel that I have lost my best friend, and l'm not sure were I go from here. for now it's one day at a time. love jean

Is she no longer your friend, Jean? I'm sorry for your loss, though maybe you gain some freedom. It's better to have loved and lost than never to have loved. Isn't it? How do they say that? I'm in the other category there.
    T-shirt says: "Hi, I Crossdress!"

*~Plain-Vanilla TG Girl~*
    I've been with mine for 25 and it'd kill me to lose her. I'm
    so sorry to hear that. This is a Great place for support and
    people who Do care.

I wish you the Very Best! ♥

We are still talking, and can visit her as long as am male.

Jean, can you share with us IF cding was the cause of your separation or was it just another factor in a series of other stressors? 26 years is a long commitment & investment. Can you both work things out since friendship is still alive? My concern for you is peace of mind & heart. I truly hope & want the best for you. Peace, mel

Platinum Member

We Are Here For You !

Hi Jean, It is always so sad to read a thread like this you have thousands of friends here .
    I just can't imagine what it must be like to lose a soul mate.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Hi Jean: Sorry to learn of your loss. While I have experienced loss in my life, I have not experienced this type of loss, so cannot imagine how this feels. Feel free to continue to drop into this sight, so much support here, it is awesome. Sending you good thoughts....

Erin

hi jean,
    we don't know each other, but having been through a divorce, years ago, i sympathize with you. the only advice i can give is that things will improve in time, i'm sure that sounds awful from your perspective at this moment, but it is non the less true.
    hang in there
    dela

Ex prisoner in paradise CostaRicaRachel's Avatar
    I am very sad for you. When I lost my SO of 10 years, I lost my best friend, travel companion and lover. I was lost and empty for a long time.

The Mad Scientist
    This is THE place to go for support.

Loss seems to be part of the equation in this CD puzzle.
    We have all had some in our experience.

My thought is that what you gain from sharing can at least in part help.

Melissa my story is similar to. many others . Cding was the final straw and the line in the sand. I just. got. caught. crossing it again. My wife can not except it. I tried to stay away and hide it, as you know this only makes things worse . I. have very mixed feelings. free on one hand and gilt on the other. I do have work to distract me. love jean

Realism hits now. Divorce is tough, especially the property settlement, and/or custody fight. If you don't already have a good lawyer, retain one now. When her lawyer hits you, you will need all the help you can get.

Noted you are in CA. Be prepared to give up 50% of all marital property. This is going to be a really tough time for you emotionally and financially. Be prepared.

Jodi

Oh, that is simply awful. I do hope there can be some reconciliation. The events of recent history must tear relentlessly at your emotions in ways that I cannot begin to imagine.

Your story is so familiar. A marriage with a series of "problems" that includes crossdressing deteriorates to the point of separation, or worse. There is still hope, but the odds are not favorable. It is wise to move forward with an olive branch while also protecting your own interests.

Whatever the future brings, you are among friends here.

Best wishes
    MsVal

Thank you for the lift

Jean103; ARE YOU AND YOUR WIFE MEMBERS OF A LOCAL CHURCH WHERE YOU BOTH MIGHT TALK TO THE PASTOR AND TRY TO WORK OUT YOUR DIFFERENCES.I DONOT KNOW YOU BUT I WILL PRAY THATYOU WILL FIND PEACE AND COMFORT FOR THIS PROBLEM. JUST REMEMBER THAT PRAYER IS THE KEY TO HAVEN BUT FAITH UNLOCKS THE DOOR . GOD BLESS YOU.

Quote Originally Posted by Jean 103 View Post
    I have been separated from my wife for a little over a week now. we were together for 26 year's. l''ve known that it was coming for some time. Any way today I was working on getting more organized when I came across the email address and pass word I setup when I signed up here. I. don't use it so I have never checked it. To day I checked it. and found a birthday greetings from this site. Even thou. from January when my birthday is it gave me a lift I needed today. I feel that I have lost my best friend, and l'm not sure were I go from here. for now it's one day at a time. love jean
    It's not the easiest thing to go thru I expect my wife to give me papers
    A year from now when son goes to college and she will site my dressing
    As the reason.
    Staying in the closet isn't so bad as long as you know why your in there.