Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TG on American Idol...what do you think about her?

TG on American Idol...what do you think about her?

Who saw the CD/TG on American Idol named Zachary? This definitely sets us back as far as acceptance from the general public. He was ridiculed by Simon and I'm sure a large majority of American viewers. He was dressed like a typical teenage girl...nice white top, jeans, white belt, and high heel boots. His natural hair was styled like a girl and he even had his brows shaped like a girl with some makeup on. His family was very supportive and mom described him as simply eccentric and not caring what other say.

Just wanted to know your thoughts about it all!!

saw it

Yeah..saw it.
    A VERY bad singer!!!!
    And I think a nice padded bra would have finished off the outfit!

I couldn't agree with you more. He was very passable though but the vocal definitely needed some work!!

I believe this person may be an intersexed person who was totally denying in his statements that he wanted to be seen as a woman. This is no doubt a person in denial about his/her gender.

Melanie
    I love being "gender gifted"! www.pmpub.com

You are absolutely right!! I was amazed that he was so adamant on being recognized as a man when EVERYTHING suggested otherwise!!

Formerly lisameaghan :) Lisa Maren's Avatar

:)

I think that Zachary is probably conflicted or in denial. I agree that everything about the way she presents herself is feminine. She clearly felt really unaccepted because of who she is and I feel for her.

Hugs,
    Lisa
    [SIZE="1"]What lies behind me and what lies before me are tiny matters compared to the girl who lies within me.
    -- A twist on Ralph Waldo Emerson

To know what you prefer instead of humbly saying Amen to what the world tells you you ought to prefer, is to have kept your soul alive.
    -- Robert Louis Stevenson

Ubi dubium, ibi libertas. (Where there is doubt, there is freedom.)
    -- Latin Proverb
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Dude looks like a lady

I was thinking if he only had some boobs, he's look like a she. Looks aside, he was only hearing what he wanted to hear and it was about his looks. Paula even stated based on singing, he wasn't up to par for the competition. Naturally, Simon couldn't help laughing at Zach's appearance. But when Zach was in the lobby whining about how America is racist and predudice towards poeple like him. I wanted him to shutup - first what was he? Second, if he wanted to be taken seriously then look in the mirror and and act serious. Yeah, he's in denial. We as a society do consider appearance as a factor towards liking someone so either use your situation to your advantage or change the style. If he wanted to be treated like a guy, stop wearing mommy's clothes and sing something manly. I bet he was wearing panties unde those jeans.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    I watched the show and I thought he was cool I liked his boots jeans and top. I do agree with others that anyone who looks and dresses like that shouldn't be surprised if they get mistaken for a girl.

Btw..... his singing sucked.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Right on, Angel!
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

I thought he was definitely passable. Very cute haircut.

I didn't understand his rant about America being racist. Was there something I'm missing? It somehow reminds me of the Seinfeld episode of Elaine dating a guy she thought was black while he thought she was Hispanic.

As for America not ready for a transgenred idol, I probably agree. It would be hard to swallow for the red states but it's been done. There's Boy George from Culture Club. Too bad he screwed it up by getting messed up with drugs.

Just Goes To Show I Guess........

Poor Zachary. The fame must be getting to him by now. I'll even bet that he gets at least twelve credit card offers in the mail. every day. Let alone wanna be girlfriends at the laundro-matt. And the caffeteria lady, with the big buck-teeth, who gives you the extra helpings of "Goulash" But, let's not go there right now. OK? Love you a bunch.! & Let's Not Forget Kisses,
    [SIZE=4]Darlena
    [/SIZE]

I was quite surprised at Zachary being annoyed when people thought he was a girl. You all have it right, he is confused and seriously in denial.

His ranting about racism just fits with all the other who cant sing but believe they are the next Kelly Clarkson. It is just amazing how many people really suck and their friends don't speak up and tell them so!

Oh well, just another day in America.
    Love & Hugggs,

Alison

Smile , it makes people wonder what your thinking!

Wife and I saw it, Zachary either was in denial or possibly just
    Gender Disphoria(in other words more of one Cromosone than the other)..
    All in all everyones comments here make valid points.......
    [SIZE=4]Leilani68[/SIZE]

I saw the episode tonight and my parents were watching. My dad goes... well that person looks like a girl... look at the arms. My mom goes, wow a girl... interesting coversation openup.

Then I started tearing it apart, the small "male" features that poked out, the over muscular shoulders, the chin shape and the lack of breasts. I told them it looked like she was either 1. Like me, no hormones in system and really thin which adds to the appearance or 2. She (or he) was on hormones.

Anyway, I did not care about the whole thing, I could do a whole lot better than that with the singing in the female range, but my body is not "feminine enough" right now... someday

Mandy
    [SIZE="4"]My life in a Quote[/SIZE]
    "I don't like sand. It's coarse, rough, irritating and it gets everywhere. Not like here. Everything’s soft and smooth."
    [SIZE="1"]—Anakin to Padmé - Star Wars - Episode 2 - Attack of the Clones[/SIZE]

Occupying my own end of the gender spectra...

between the x and y chromosone, Melb. Aust

Already been one on Australian Idol

Whilst i havent seen the show i should mention that a "gender illusionist" named Courtney Act appeared on our version Australian Idol 2 years ago and made the final 10. S/he is quite simply one of the most stunning looking tg's around and released a top 10 single afterwards. I think it shows that whilst America may not be ready for us a lot of other countries are very accepting.
    A fool and his money are soon................hey where's my wallet?????

just another whiny contestant. If he doesn't understand why people are confused on his gender, his mom needs to give him a clue. With a little more work he'd make one hell of a good looking girl. Or how about that black dude with the facial hair? "If you shaved you'd make one hell of a female impersonator".. why did he take offense to that, I'd be like "cool!" :-)

Quote Originally Posted by hotxbuns
    Whilst i havent seen the show i should mention that a "gender illusionist" named Courtney Act appeared on our version Australian Idol 2 years ago and made the final 10. S/he is quite simply one of the most stunning looking tg's around and released a top 10 single afterwards. I think it shows that whilst America may not be ready for us a lot of other countries are very accepting.
    Thanks hotxbuns. Courney Act, Wow! Check her out http://www.courtneyact.com/
    [SIZE=4]Sophia[/SIZE]

It's really unfortunate, I too as was my girlfriend were confused by the conflicting statements, I am definately a man, yet his appearance suggested exactly the opposite. Either he chickened out, or is in denial. But the fact that he wore everything feminine and dressed much better than half the female contestants made his denial unbelievable and thus his character, which opened the door for Simon to slam him. If only he had been honest with himself and the world. he was already on national TV, his cover was blown and then he made that ridiculous statement. How unfortunate, a perfet opportunity wasted.

Julia

girl next door
    Thanks for the link Sophia.

I hadn't heard of her before, I'm impressed.

Courtney is a tough act to follow.

Hugs,

Tammi
    [SIZE="3"]
    my wish for you is peace
    [/SIZE]

lo·gom·a·chy /loʊˈgɒməki/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[loh-gom-uh-kee] –noun, plural -chies.
    1. a dispute about or concerning words.
    2. an argument or debate marked by the reckless or incorrect use of words; meaningless battle of words

The judges thought Zachary was a girl until he commented to the judges that he was a guy, and that people mistake him for a girl all the time.

He can't understand why people make that mistake :undecided

And there's nothing wrong with his stating that he's a guy. It doesn't mean he's in denial, after all he is a guy, a guy that likes wearing girls clothes (no bra nor breasts).

His sister said he was just eccentric. He's a CD or Genderqueer and doesn't know it, it seems.

On the Idol web page there is at least one video with a CD. In the video there is a guy wearing a pink tie and all looks 'normal' until they show he is wearing pink slacks and high heels. There's another guy in a Pipping Longstocking costume and blond wig, sporting a small beard.

http://www.idolonfox.com/videos/?c=x&cat=5&vid=88

See also

http://www.idolonfox.com/photos/?cat=1&sub=8&pic=2028
    Last edited by DonnaT; 01-19-2006 at 09:37 AM.
    DonnaT

I think the Pipping Longstocking guy was try to get noticed, and not transgendered in any way.

J

Well, Zachary was no stranger than "Crazy Dave" the night before...
    No offense intended, but Zach should have known his chances of being selected were zero. The singing sucked eggs...also....work on the acne problem, Zach...

don't they have somekind of screening process before people get to the
    point where they are on TV. I'm not into this program, so don't know the
    process that much.

I think the Pippi Longstocking guy want to find fame in the way of William Hung.

I think many of the contestants try for that.
    ....we are all made of stardust

Quote Originally Posted by joannplano
    don't they have somekind of screening process before people get to the
    point where they are on TV. I'm not into this program, so don't know the
    process that much.
    The way it seems to go is anyone who wants to try out gets to. So it you are in front of Simon your fair game to be put on display for all to see. I do think they screen some but just for security and extremely offensive people.

And yes some do it just to be on TV.
    Love & Hugggs,

Alison

Smile , it makes people wonder what your thinking!