Thread: The perils of a new house

Red face The perils of a new house

Well, we've just moved to a new place in Hampshire so its been a while since Sian was out. However, I got to work from home this morning and so decided to spend time as Sian.

Didn't go over the top - underwear, nice flowing maxi dress and my gold sandals - high but not stupidly at 4.5'. First thing I was going to do was make myself a cup of coffee and so stepped out of the bedroom and promptly poleaxed myself on the top of the door frame!! Walked straight into and cut my head ...

As I sit here stopping the bleeding, it never occurred to me that the top of the door would come into play in my heels. Didn't seem to be a problem in the old place!
    Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astair did .. but backwards and in HEELS!

They like to save money here in Hants by lowering door frames

If you want to know the my description of agonising, try my trick of standing up in a 6ft high cellar when you're 6ft tall and wearing 4 inch heels..... I slammed my head into the ceiling and nearly knocked myself out! Had to sit back down again for a while until the room stopped moving.

Gone to live my life
    Hi Sian . . . OUCH I guess I am a glad to be a bit Hobbit sized as I can say I never worry about that.

Hugs

Isha

Bless! I hope it's not too damaging... It is a bit of a hard hat area around here...

It's been a while since I lived in a quaint, Hampshire cottage but I still remember banging my head on low hanging beams and I'm no beanpole either.. (but I draw the line at 'Hobbit'...! )

You'll get used to it quickly - aversion therapy with physical damage makes for rapid learning, I find... perhaps you need a couple days off sick too...?

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Quote Originally Posted by Katey888 View Post

You'll get used to it quickly - aversion therapy with physical damage makes for rapid learning, I find...

Katey x
    I beg to differ, hasn't worked for me yet!

Note to self, if trying on heels, wear a helmet!
    "Normal is what you get when you average out the weirdness that everybody has." Quote from my SO

Normal is a setting on a washing machine, or another word for average.

The fact that I wear a skirt as a male should not be taken as a comment on what you do, or do not wear, or how you wear it.

Sian...Wow, that must have really hurt !! Hope it won't leave a mark on your pretty head. I too, don't have to worry to much about that at 5'10", but some heels should come with a warning

Erin

I know the problem, at 6' 3" one must be careful, I've hit my head on a lot of things over the years even with out heels. I hope the damage isn't too great. Head wound tend to bleed a lot for an very small cut so maybe you won't be disfigured for life!!

Hugs, Bria

Banned Read only
    Sian I feel for you, I don't have a door frame imprint on my head but a 3" hex nut from exiting an inspection hatch and finding a half ton counter weight ! There were suddenly twice as many stars in the sky !
    I tried blaming my CDing on that but didn't get very far !!

Careful I bite <3
    Doors vary all over the place. Us 6 footers tend to be right at that area where it isn't a problem...until it is.

Welcome to the south coast Sian. I know what you mean. At 6' I am forever bashing my head on the chandelier which sits just above where I do the ironing. No doubt you will develop a habitual stoop soon!

Tatiana.

Hi Sian
    I think Katey has the answer. Send me your postal address and I will send you my hard hat.
    However I would want to see it worn with a nice dress and heels (steel capped if you can get them)
    Hows that for a thread,,,,Photos En Femme in our daily male work clothes?
    Cheers
    Amanda

Sian, I know the feeling. I am six foot six inches, and have one low door to the bedroom here. I have been "brained" countless times, even in running shoes, but with heels, my wig helps cushion the bump slightly! You must have really hit with force, to be bleeding like that! I sometimes have thought of wearing a little hard bump cap.

Thanks Girls - nice to know that I'm not alone. Thought about wearing my cycle helmet for a while but it really clashed with my cocktail dress!
    Had a couple of close calls since but as Katy says " aversion therapy with physical damage makes for quick learning" also getting used to the house so know when to duck
    Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astair did .. but backwards and in HEELS!

Reading this I'm glad to be an 'average size' 5'8".

Some of those old thatched homes have even lower door ways.
    I have hit my head on them in flats.
    Some doorways are only 5' 8".
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

At home I walk around in socks or flat ballets. The doorway to my toilet clears my head by about 6mm and when I wear heels I nearly always forget to duck. When dressed I sit down to pee and I need that little rest to get over the usual head banging from the doorway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned Read only
    Sounds to me like the Brits need to learn to build doorways properly. At 6'1" I have never had that problem.

Platinum Member
    Hi Sain, I just about took out the kitchen fan/light combination I bent one of the lights.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Alexis "Lexie"
    Ouch, hope you are ok.

My wife and I moved into our newly constructed home a few months ago.

On the first night staying there, when my wife was away, I dressed in my black pantyhose and a t shirt. The only trouble was that I didn't realize, at the time, that we didn't have window treatments in any of the rooms.

Hopefully, none of my neighbors saw me.

Quote Originally Posted by Beth Wilde View Post
    If you want to know the my description of agonising, try my trick of standing up in a 6ft high cellar when you're 6ft tall and wearing 4 inch heels..... I slammed my head into the ceiling and nearly knocked myself out! Had to sit back down again for a while until the room stopped moving.
    I've done something similar, but I was dressed in guy-mode and in the kitchen. I'd opened the cabinet over the stove to see how my spices were holding up (was making a grocery list) and dropped a bottle of salt (plastic bottle, no mess yes). I bent over to pick it up and when I straightened up I hit my head on the open cabinet door, right in the corner - and knocked myself out. I woke up some time later on the floor with my head aching and bleeding (in two places, apparently I banged my head a 2nd time on the way to the tile floor) and saying to myself "That was stupid, won't do that again..."

You don't need to be in heels to knock yourself out, if you're me. I'm as graceful as a gazelle... in swim fins.

~Melissa in West Texas
    ~Linebacker Melissa