Thread: Just went for a walk dressed

Just went for a walk dressed

Hi everyone. I just went out for a walk dressed, the first time for a long time. Where I live, the summer time has people about all the time but in winter it's a ghost town.

Well, tonight, I dressed up and felt I had to go out and walk around in the street a bit. I had a knee length dress on and wig and full make up and ear rings and a suede jacket and shawl on. I did feel a little nervous because it is not the sort of place where crossdressers are readily accepted, but I didn't care.

Anyway, I hadn't gone more than 30 yards before i walked past a guy going to work who said hello to me and walked on. He didn't seem to know that I was a guy dressed up and it felt wonderful as he passed me. I walked a bit further then headed for home.

I know that there are lots of girls here who do this all the time but it was a good step and I am getting more comfortable with it, even though I have been dressing for years. France can sometimes be a bit backward, unless you live in Paris, which I don't, but it was good anyway.

well, that was the first time I have met a complete stranger dressed. Maybe he knew, maybe he didn't but it was really early in the morning here and dark. I loved it.

Lucy Lou xx
    Last edited by Lucy Lou; 07-17-2014 at 10:27 PM.

Careful I bite <3
    That's incredible. It goes t show that context does make a huge difference in people's snap recognition.

Did you say hi back to him?

Junior Member Miss Interpretation's Avatar
    Awesome! Congratulations on stepping out. I'm sure you looked fabulous and the guy didn't know at all.

I think that's incredible. I have been considering walking around my Uni here once I get a hoodie to cover my head. I've longed to go out in public, but I don't think it'll happen unless it's late at night.
    Sports-obsessed brunette in heels and stockings.
    LET'S GO USA! #WorldCup2014

Reality Check
    It's great that you went out but please remember that women don't normally walk around alone in the dark because it's unsafe.

The best place to hide is right out in the open. Assuming your presentation is good enough that people won't recognize you, once you get out of your home you can walk around in crowds in the daylight. Parks, malls, the tourist or business section of the city, etc. If someone reads you as a guy, so what? They don't know you so it doesn't matter.

Gone to live my life
    Hi Lucy Lou . . . CONGRATS ON YOUR OUTING!!!!

Little outings are sometimes the best and the thrill is so exciting. Tiny steps and before you know it, you will be out and about.

Hugs

Isha

Lucy Lou, I happy that you were able to get past the door! I have been going out to a weekly group for about six months and still feel a little fear/anxiety when I walk from my car to the front door especially in the day light, night is another story. Its a safe place at night so I don't have those concerns. It just gets a little easier each time.

Be sure to have fun and be safe!!

Hugs, Bria

Awesome, Lucy! Each time gets easier. It really does. So happy for you!
    Every fear that held me back, when faced, has proven to be hollow.
    Courage is not the lack of fear, but the willingness to ignore it.
    It's your life. Make it count.

It is a thrill to go out.I go for walks everyday dressed and so far have not been read.Today our Town is having a big street fair and I decided to walk
    through it dressed.I must have fit in because nobody said a word.What a thrill! It felt great to be a women out enjoying the festival.

Hi Lucy Lou...how exciting, good for you! That was a brave step. Next time will be easier and each time your confidence will grow, which is half the battle - at least for me.

Take care,

Erin

Thank you girls for the encouraging comments. It will be easier next time and it felt really good that I will do it again, soon. As for being safe, I am aware of the safety aspect but where I live attacks on people don't really happen. People might say something but nothing violent, it is not that sort of place.

I wish I could share it with someone and go out together as a couple of girls out shopping or coffee. One day. I still will carry on doing it for myself as I cannot and will not stop dressing so the going out more often is just the next step.

Lucy Lou xx

Congrats and wize step sweetie !
    Betty

Lovely! Its still a thrill for me just to dress, go out, and walk around!

Congrats Lucy. Those moments feel so empowering don't they?

Bethany

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Ah, yes. That irresistible siren's song from the front door. Being out and about dressed is the ultimate.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Platinum Member
    Hi Lucy Lou, It sounds like you are really presenting as a lady, congratulations.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Congrats Lucy next time will be easier.

Actually it is very chilly and late out so I tossed my little black thing I was wearing and threw on a velvet cape and took a walk.

Lucy,
    You are stepping out well.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Lucy, good going. It is big and it gets easier. Way to go.
    XX