Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wishing to be a girl, is it CD or TS related?

It could be either way, probably needs more thought
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

To the OP: It sounds to me like you'd just like to be someone else, at least for a while. Everybody feels that way from time to time. The fact that your someone else is female, suggests that you're somewhere in the TG spectrum. From your other remarks, I'd guess you're probably CD. But that's for you to decide.

My "someone else" is also female.

For me, I feel like I am a woman but who is ok with having a male part but I wish I looked more feminine... or I should say, I am a woman in a mans body who is ok with some of the perks of being male but really wished she could be female... if that makes sense.

^ Shawnsheila, this doesn't make sense to me. I see basically three classifications of gender: males who like their bodies and don't want female parts, females who like their bodies and don't want male parts, and someone who is a combination of both or who switches back and forth. So if a person is in the third category, then how can they also be female, which implies no male desires or characteristics whatsoever?

Granted, people get confused about stereotypical personality traits, for example someone in this community might say that if a girl is extremely logical, analytical, competitive, aggressive, etc, then she is "part-male". This is not true. There is a huge range of characteristic strengths among both genders and if she identifies as a female, lives and is known to others as a female, has no desire to have others think she is a male, then she is a female. Women can be aggressive too. The same holds true for males. They can be talkative, emotional, non-aggressive, not like sports, or any other non-stereotypical male trait (I know guys like that), and if they don't think of themselves as female and they don't have any desire to present as one, then they don't have "female" personality characteristics. They just fall within the very wide range of ways to be male.

But, if a person likes to present as a female sometimes and as a male at other times (they want others to perceive them sometimes as a female and sometimes as a male), or they want to be perceived as one gender while retaining the physical characteristics of the opposite sex, or they want to remove any gendered characteristic from their presentation (say they want to all the time appear ambiguously androgynous), then they do fall in the third category, which is different than an individual in the 95% of our population who knows their gender and doesn't question it.

It makes more sense to me that people who are gender fluid would have a difficult time labeling themselves. I think a lot of people feel that one must by default be either male or female, since this is what we've seen around us all of our lives and this is what people expect out of one another. Right? When you see someone who is ambiguous, a subconscious question is, "Are they male or female". But the truth is, for many people in our community it's not that clearly defined.
    Reine

Quote Originally Posted by Isha View Post
    I wanted the ability to dress as she did, express myself as she did - essentially be that pretty woman at the gas pumps. In essence, I wanted to be a boy who dressed as a girl (TG/CD) not a boy who wanted to be a girl (TG/TS).
    Isha saved me therapy fees too

I definitely dream of being a girl whenever I get the urge to dress or am watching a girl doing something sexy but at the same time I also love being a guy and doing what guys do!

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    I dunno I always wanted to be a famous race car driver or a music star or rich. Being envious of a young gir's body and wishing to be her is one thing. Wanting to be A girl is different. You are fantasizing
    Dead on ..Short but straight to the point.. I do not personally know the O.P. and in a polite way I would like to address the "wanting to be a cute young girl" as fantasizing ..

I am curious to know would you still want to be or think you are a T.S. if you could never be a cute young girl ?
    I do not!! Claim to be an expert on any topic, when I post a new thread or reply on any thread my imput is strickly that of a crossdresser. Not to offend Gay people , Transexuals or any other life style, I am only commenting on one of my own.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy_Bella View Post
    Dead on ..Short but straight to the point.. I do not personally know the O.P. and in a polite way I would like to address the "wanting to be a cute young girl" as fantasizing ..
    I am curious to know would you still want to be or think you are a T.S. if you could never be a cute young girl ?
    Yeah, I ask myself that too. When I look at old men and old women, could I picture myself as an old woman? No. As an old man? It feels better to me to be an old man. I don't know why. I don't think I want to pursue SRS though sometimes I want to try. Part of it is fear, part of it is potential disappointment if I'm not "female" enough. I suppose that means I'm not TS, yet I'm not just a CDer either. Maybe gender fluid is the best term.

Quote Originally Posted by AmandaM View Post
    Maybe gender fluid is the best term.
    There doesn't have to be a label attached to it unless you need one for your own sanity.. Nobody knows you better than you know yourself but sometimes even we question that, maybe because of denial( do we really know ourselves?) .. But if you wanna compare a race car driver to being a T.S. I'm pretty sure both chase the fantasy of winning that trophy ( being a cute young girl).. But the reality of being a the race car driver isn't always winning that trophy, yet they still race because it's in their blood they are race car drivers ..

Amanda , I can't say where you wanna fit in at ( if you're looking for that) only you can answer that and sometimes that answer isn't always easy. But if you are doing it for your own sanity be sure first before you leap in to something you may regret later.. Talking about it to a professional openly is a good decision but hasty labels sometimes have costly consequences... The spectrum is insanely large and one simple label doesn't fit every individual sometimes multiple labels merge and your true position in the spectrum can lift in the fog for short periods and then go back to normal.. Give it some time see if your feelings change, we are all here to help..
    Last edited by Lucy_Bella; 08-08-2014 at 02:10 AM.
    I do not!! Claim to be an expert on any topic, when I post a new thread or reply on any thread my imput is strickly that of a crossdresser. Not to offend Gay people , Transexuals or any other life style, I am only commenting on one of my own.