Thread: Shopping for pick me up

Shopping for pick me up

Was just wondering I had a really bad day yesterday, seemed to be every where I turned someone wanted money from me. So to resolve this I went down to the shops and purchased a new pair of jeans and two pair of underwear oh and some new winter nighties. 30 dollars later I felt so much better about it. Just wondered how many others enjoyed a shopping trip to feel better.

I do but i do a lot of window shopping so i can see what will go with what i have. I do enjoy it thought and it brightens my day.

Tina
    I don't believe in pessimism. If something doesn't come up the way you want, forge ahead. If you think it's going to rain, it will.

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    The "shopping to feel good syndrome" is one of those traps of our modern world that I assiduously avoid. I've recently moved into a small house from a small apartment and I like an open and uncrowded environment. I also live a simple life that feels good pretty much all the time. It even amazes me!

Banned Read only
    Rachel just got back from buying two Tshirts in a sale , funny thing was there was a really old couple in the shop and overhearing what was said the guy was buying a chiffon scarf for himself, the SAs were so sweet with him !!

I sometimes go shopping to cheer myself up, but I almost never buy anything. Buying stuff doesn't really cheer me up, but looking at stuff does.

Shopping is of course a high ... if ... I find something that's a bargain and IT FITS!

How often do we shop and find that perfect item only to realize they don't have our size, or worse yet it doesn't even come in our size. Talk about a Buzz kill.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

That is known as Retail Therapy.

Jodi

Yes I use shopping to help with my gender dysphoria. It seems to calm me down when I can spend some time focusing on Suzanne's needs. I don't do it as much now since I am able to be out on a regular basis. I think that is how I came to have 15 skirts!
    Suzanne

Silver Member
    Shopping as therapy is not my first choice. I prefer an appointment at a nice salon to get my hair styled (actually my human hair wigs while it's on my head). My first choice is a shampoo and roller set with some nice quiet under the dryer time. A blow out is a close second.
    Shopping is therapeutic for me even if I don't buy anything.
    I also have regular therapist appointments and a sign they have addresses the cost of retail therapy versus what they have to offer. The one thing they don't really stress is that with shopping, you get to take something real home.

Shopping is not always buying - but it is nice to buy once in a while

Dont all women do this? Have a bad day so they go spend money? I do it once a week!

I am guilty of retail therapy too. Most often I just window shop (or better put, browse the internet), but every now and then I see a deal to good to pass up. I do make sure I have a budget set aside just for this purpose. Even if I do not buy, it still is therapeutic in a way. Gives me something (else) to look forward to.

Retail therapy can be helpful, but, like many therapies, can be taken too far.

As others have said, shopping is not always buying.

I've also found that a cute set of $5 earrings from Charming Charlie's gives me a nice pick-me-up and are a lot easier to store than a new dress or shoes!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

I have had a similar experience many times.
    It is called retail therapy.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I do. Use to be out of control. Anymore, only the cutest of the cute make it with me to the checkout counter

Quote Originally Posted by Jodi View Post
    That is known as Retail Therapy.

Jodi
    And there is nothing better if you can afford it!
    "Normal is what you get when you average out the weirdness that everybody has." Quote from my SO

Normal is a setting on a washing machine, or another word for average.

The fact that I wear a skirt as a male should not be taken as a comment on what you do, or do not wear, or how you wear it.