Thread: Birthday present dilemma !!

Birthday present dilemma !!

Hi all, as some of you may be aware that my wife is completely accepting of Sarah, my dilemma is that it is my birthday in a few days and I have seen a beautiful dress in a local outlet, it is black with a purple front panel, now my wife would have absolutely no problem buying me this for my birthday, she often buys me a couple of gifts one for Colin one for Sarah, I don't normally have an issue with that it is really nice to get a little girlie present, I don't really want for anything, loads of clothes shoes etc. I have said to my wife that I don't feel it is right to buy your husband a dress for his birthday, I know that many people here would give anything to have a wife who would willingly buy their husband feminine things but it is just the way I feel I don't think it is right, am I being a silly mare or being overtly moral ?
    I am really after a little bit of guidance, thanks in anticipation. love and hugs Sarah xxx

Hi Sarah, my wife is like yours accepting and would be very upset if she knew that I wanted a specific dress for my birthday and had not let her know, better you get something that you really want for sure, hope it works out for you xx kathryn

Banned Read only
    Sarah I think it would be a loving gesture of acceptance from your wife, if it were me I would gratefully accept it !
    I've made the comment to my wife about the implications of receiving a feminine gift, just one would mean so much in the message it gave !!
    Perhaps underwear would be more appropriate, she would know I was wearing it but she doesn't have to see if she chooses not to !

No problem for a birthday. Father's day would be a different story.
    DonnaT

Oh to be so lucky! While my wife mostly accepts/tolerates my other side, she throws a fit when I want something feminine for birthdays/Christmas. I get that she "needs" to give me a guy gift so that friends and family can see what she got me, but honestly my guy self has most everything that I want. As I am sure is the case with the rest of the people on here, my feminine side could always use something else to wear, so I long for nothing more than a nice outfit for such occasions. The ultimate gift would be for her to get me an outfit and take me somewhere, but I will probably have to keep wishing!

0 to trans in 60 seconds! Donnagirl's Avatar
    My lovely SO has had a major turnaround from a very DADT to open and accepting. This birthday she bought me a string of pearls and a handbag. I'm sure that if there was a particular dress I had my eye on she would have been a little disappointed if I had not pointed it out.
    Call me Donna, please

You know your feelings better than I. A gift from your wife can be secret from those who do not know you.
    Last edited by bridget thronton; 07-31-2014 at 09:13 AM.

Hi Sarah
    You have to go with your instincts on this one. If you don't feel its right then its not right.
    What do you give a man who has everything? Well nothing of course. Maybe a better gift would be to have a special evening out just the two of you either as Sarah or Colin (your call),,,,,,,,,,,,, but buy the dress anyway if you really want it.
    Cheers
    Amanda

If your wife wishes to buy you a dress and you like wearing them, go for it.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Gone to live my life
    Hi Sarah,

I don't think it is silly to feel that way. My wife and I have discussed this at length as she asked who she should by for. We came to the agreement (pre-CDing days) that clothing is something we won't buy each other as presents unless we absolutely ask for it. This has translated to post-CD for me. So when my wife buys a present, she normally gets me something I like (mainly tools and computer modding stuff) and attaches a small gift (make-up, bracelet) for Isha. However, if you really want the dress and your lovely wife is willing to buy it for you . . . she is buying it for her husband. Nothing in the relationship handbook that says "Thou shall buy manly man gifts for thy fellow only".

Hugs and have a happy B-Day.

Isha