Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sense of purpose.

The non-GG next door.... Candice Mae's Avatar

Sense of purpose.

You have been asked about why you CD, but what about the purpose that your CDing has in your day to day life?

Sense of purpose

Since I'm newer to this as an adult. For me it brings a better understanding of what females go through. Not that I can figure them out but a better sense exploring my feminine side. This I think about in day to day life.

Purpose...I suppose it's most basic purpose to me is to allow me to express my feminine side in a more complex way.

It certainly has though allowed me great insight into my transgendered partner's daily life. We've connected so much more since.
    Smi mens jernet er varmt.
    "Don't laugh just cause my bra's stuffed with socks!"
    ♫ "I'm your ch-ch-ch-ch-CHERRY BOMB!" ♫

Platinum Member
    Day to day purpose? I don't know quite how to respond. There is no "utility" to my CDing from any practical standpoint. Dressing does fulfill a need within me - a need to express my gender identity, which although certainly blended, leans decidedly towards female. I am much more comfortable with myself when I dress and present as a woman.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Candice I ask myself this question a lot, what's the point because I never go out and since the purge I don't even own a wig now. Yet almost every day I put on something girly.
    I love the look enjoy how it feels on and to be honest when in the mood love shopping for that one perfect item.
    But is there a point, not really
    It's just an expression of a part of me I doubt I will ever understand

Stress relief. It's not easy acting a role for the rest of the world every moment that I'm in the public eye. So when I 'dress up', to everyone else I'm crossdressing. To me, I'm just wearing what I'm supposed to, it's all the other times when I'm dressing as a guy that I'm wearing the costume, and feel just slightly uncomfortable. I come home, put on my girl things, and finally feel normal.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Hi,

Most men cant figure us out . its that simple really many have tryed, and will they i doubt it,
    Even getting to know us youll wonder,
    i know there are things and details about my self that i dont know or understand our emotions are quite different in our makeup our hormones are not allways easy to get a handle on and many things change with in our bodys as we age ,

i know my self what thats like , we expect it yet we dont allways understand our selfsas to why ,

Ashley.

So ill throw this ? to you, think this way do we understand you men / males , i dont,
    you wont to do things and i wonder ...why .... what drives you what makes you ...you.... so you see there are many differences between us , again , I thought i knew a few things / details about men . well not as much as i thought and less as i tryed to understand men ,

Any way thought id write that for you,

...noeleena...

Banned Read only
    If I get the chance to dress my brain might think of other things also my stomach will stop churning over with the need .
    Confucious may give you the run down of what the brain is doing to explain it ! All I know is my purpose is to be content and happy !

If I didn't crossdress, what would I do with all those dresses in my closet?

Since I amalgamated all of my feelings, my sense of purpose has been to help others in an altruistic way. Many times that includes female presentation.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Purpose? .........Self fulfilling I guess.

Gone to live my life
    Hi Candice,

When I first started dressing I felt it relaxed me and allowed me to focus more. However as time progressed and Isha developed I realized she is just part of me and the illusion of relaxing and focusing was always there just hidden below a thin veneer of suppression. So for me Isha (CDing) allows me to be me both in boy and girl mode.

Hugs

Isha

I'm not sure how "purpose" is different from why I CD. All I know is that it is me and it is part of my life.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Banned Read only
    It satisfies a need I was born with (and has and will always be there) so I can concentrate on and function on the other day to day things in life. Let me explain, if you are dying of thirst you need to quench that thirst before you can think and do the other things in your life, same with other controlling needs such as hunger, smoking, drugs, etc. And it's fun, very mentally rewarding, CDers are far more mature than the rest of society in our understanding and acceptance of our CDing and I can't think of anything else that makes you feel as good as slipping into a soft sexy pair of panties, walking in 4" heels with stockings and feeling the weight and protrusion of a nice pair of forms in a pretty bra.

Aspiring Member
    No purpose...I just enjoy wearing pretty clothes.

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    Purpose in day to day life?
    It gives me something to think about and make plans for, especially on how to improve and explore more of my feminine side.
    It is exciting to know I have what most would consider an unusual hobby of sorts.
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

A purpose? I don't need no stinking purpose! It's just me !.........................................Debra

Not everything has a purpose. They made sequels to StarWars...no purpose. Boys wear their pants around their butts, no purpose. They invented pop Rocks....
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Why we do it..? Gawd knows... (pardon the name in vain...)

What purpose it serves...? Because it feels good to me...

That'll do...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

No purpose other than support for my breasts and the sheer pleasure in wearing nice women's underwear.

Purpose? I guess I'm one of the very few who gets sexual excitement from slipping into some sexy fem wear which could possibly lead to the release of the demons, especially if its been a while. Oops did I just say that?

I distinguish less and less as times goes by between male and female clothes. More and more they're just my clothes, just the way I dress. I don't even find the term cross dresser as a particularly useful self definition. I'm just some non binary transgender person. So if you are asking what the purpose of clothes are? I guess: protection, fashion, a way of describing one's self confidence and self worth, a series of signs to other people about the way you describe yourself, perhaps what your values are, what cultural tribe you belong to. Yesterday I was wearing black floppy women's shorts cut more like a skirt than shorts, very long patterned grey and white women's stockings, dress shoes, an expensive tee shirt, with grey and white crows changing color and merging kind of like an Escher print, and a nice wide brimmed black fedora with my hair half down on my shoulders. I was wearing fairly subtle make up - mascara, lipstick, blush, foundation, powder. That doesn't sound subtle but I am pretty good at applying make up. I was shopping in Whole Foods and this woman looks at me and waving her hands at the way I was dressed asked: "Black Sabbath?" After that we had a short and lively conversation about my disinterest in metal, my love of Nine Inch Nails and what I did for a living. Certainly this kind of encounter is part of the purpose of the way I dress. I like to talk to people. I like chance encounters and apparently the way I dress allows the braver of people passing me by to ask a question. Strangely enough the question usually has to do with what I do for a living, as if this would surely explain everything. People are funny!

Still, I thought Black Sabbath was pretty far from what I was presenting.
    Last edited by devida; 08-11-2014 at 10:10 AM.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    Yours is a question worth considering. Purpose vs. motivation seems to be the point here, not why we dress, but identifying the results are we attempting to achieve. For me personally it's going to be similar to many others on the forum, it helps me find the balance in my personality, providing comfort, a personal challenge as I attempt to present the best image I can to the mirror or camera, and creating some pleasure that may be both physical and mental. Stepping outside my own head, what does it accomplish for others? What does crossdressing produce for my family, both non CD and CD friends and to society? Probably the biggest purpose outside my own needs is to provide another voice in support of others in our "community".

Since my wife passed away, no one in my family is aware (to my knowledge) of my crossdressing, so it provides some blank spaces in their understanding of my world. The same goes for my non CD friends. They have no idea what I do on my vacations beyond what I choose to share with them. For both of these groups the purpose my Crossdressing has is to keep me somewhat sane so I can deal with them in the way they deserve.

How about the general public? Does my CDing provide anything for them? For those who ask, I may be able to provide insight or at least information they can use to figure me out. For the great masses of people, I'm just one more person they will use either as background in their world or as an example to support the views they already hold. Unless I find and use a bigger platform I serve no purpose of my own direction for the vast majority of the world, so it has to come down to finding value in what I do for myself that helps me deal with the things I hold of value in my life. Balance, Chanllenge and Pleasure seem to be the purposes I can identify.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

What purpose does "not CDing" have in everyone's daily lives?
    ~Linebacker Melissa

Aspiring Member
    When I cross-dress my brain releases a host of neurotransmitters (dopamine, serotonin, oxytocin and others) which produce sensations of well-being, comfort, sexual gratification, and bonding. It affects the reward centers of my brain.

So basically the purpose of cross-dressing is - it just makes me happy. Everyone needs to feel happy.