Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Diet to dress, or dress to diet?

Banned Read only
    Ilsa I walk the dog twice a day my weight is now static at 152lbs, UK dress size about 12/14 depending on label.
    I do most of the meals now so I get to wear my apron as well, but I really need some lower heels, 4" heels around the kitchen may be good for calf muscles, but my arthritic toes aren't so happy !

Definitely diet to dress here. I am five foot eleven inches tall with a light-boned frame, and I also have a compulsive gym rat personality, so I don't have too much problem keeping my weight between 145 and 155, which is a very healthy BMI between 20 and 21.5. However, the Hip/Waist ratio and the disparity between my hip width and shoulder width are both problems for me as with a lot of other cross-dressers. I have to watch what sort of calories I eat, and what exercises I do, so that I retain as much weight as possible in my hips and thighs, minimize my waist, and try not to bulk up my shoulders and arms. I try to keep my waist under thirty inches and my hips at thirty-six, which is a ration of 0.83, which is at the upper limits of what is considered to be attractive for a G-Girl.

My pitfalls are Kaukauna port wine cheese, Ritz crackers, and Merlot at cocktail time, and an obsessive need to overdo it on the lats machine and pullup bar at the gym.

Dieting to fit into a cute skirt, but it is a healthy lifestyle.

What works for me is keeping my Carbs below a 100 a day when I need to lose and then when I just maintain I eat more carbs but healthier ones like wheat bread, Brown Rice and wheat pasta where I can substitute.

Banned Spammer
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilsa View Post
    I concentrate more on making myself as good looking as possible from head to to toe which doesn't leave much time for eating.
    I thought that was kind of funny until I realize it was nearly 2 PM and I hadn't eaten lunch because I spent all morning dressing...

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    sometimes i buy and wear clothes that are a bit too small & tight or revealing in private...so i can look in the mirror and remind myself to stick with it and see what areas need work sometimes i will even workout in them.. Most of those clothes now actually fit well. And I had the privilage of throwing out some other clothes that are too big now. I use it as inspiration to continue to try (keyword) to eat right and continue my workout routines.

exactly what I do too. buy smaller clothes and it keeps me on my food program

I just Love being a Gurl! bobbimo's Avatar
    SIZE 8!!!
    Phew!.
    I do have my perfect figure in mind, actually I saw it at the carnival last week... Just stunning, and its now my new mental vision.
    I make a diligent effort to aim towards that target and eat drink and exercise to get there.
    I weigh in every day before my shower and am happy to see the numbers go down. and hate it when they go up. I must be doing somethings right because I'm able to get into a lot more of those dresses that I could get over my head last year.
    12-14 is a good size for me, but 10 shorts fit PURRfect.
    Bobbi
    Aint nothin gonna happen that aint supposed too!

Here's where I'm at: One, I am calorie conscious but not obsessive. Two, I love running and try to get out at least 4 times a week for a somewhat intense workout. That has been the big plus in terms of keeping the waste trim and legs in shape. The tough part, as I am in my mid-40's...the wear and tear of running outdoors. Third, sleep and hydration.

The Mad Scientist
    I would agree. I like being thinner - and best of all - the outfits that I can wear.
    I went from 340 to 178 so I guess that would be a loss of 160 pounds 5 years ago.

Certainly there is more selection available (for both GG and CD) when at the 170's, but sadly - the broad shoulder still require a size 12/14.
    I'd be happy at about 160, but I will never see that. 178 is much more realistic. Now, if I could just get rid of all this extra skin.

Silver Member
    Many GGs today can't fit into a size 8 either (the average being a 14 today), and very very few of us will ever fit into an 8 just due to our bone structure and muscle mass, no matter how thin we get. Feeling bad about that is like feeling guilty about not being able to breathe underwater, it is pointless getting upset about not being able to do something that is impossible.

Aspiring Member
    I need to lose weight. I am 205 lbs.

If I would get down to 150 lbs I would feel and look so much better since i already make a very passable woman as well as a near woman's voice.

I would also be able to cross my legs like a woman as well.

I have cut down on my eating and have been going to the gym three to four times a week.

Maybe a special diet from my doctor or weight watchers.

However after a certain age it is very hard to lose weight.

May have to just accept being a somewhat pudgy woman.. Just dress well, work on my mannerisms and keep up the work with the voice.

About 7 years ago after a bout with prostate cancer I found myself at almost 240 lbs. Though I was (am) over 6'3", I still had a noticeable paunch and couldn't fit into my size 14 wardrobe I had collected. I gave myself 3 months to lose weight or (heaven forbid) give up crossdressing.

Three months later I was about 190. Three months more I was at about 170. That appears to be a perfect weight for me and my wardrobe has exploded since then. I have a 30" waist now (less with a corset) and can fit into, yes, a perfect size 8 dress or skirt.

Since I've lost weight, my blood sugar level is perfect, my "trick" knee and lower back pain are gone, and my cholesterol is great (LDL in the 80+ range).

I have to say that I'm lucky. I seem to be able to metabolize carbs without gaining weight. I had tried the Atkins diet with my wife but the fat would just glob on to me. Carbs don't seem to affect me, and wine seems to help me lose weight, too. At my annual physicals my doctor thinks everything is great.

I definitely diet to dress and I really believe it has extended my lifespan.

So, girls, focus on your dressing. Tell yourself that instead of eating that next piece of pizza that you'll save it for the next meal and use the money you save for your clothing/makeup account. And, by the way, I started this in my early 50s and I'm almost 60 now. So even us "more mature" girls can do this.

I feel like I'm bragging obnoxiously here so if any of you would like to know more please contact me directly.

Aspiring drama queen Isabella Ross's Avatar
    I'm certainly a daintier eater when I'm dressed...can't ruin that lipstick! But I'm happy with my weight...I'm 6'3" and have trimmed down from 220 to 205 through one a day workouts, four games of golf a week, zero sugar, zero soft drinks/fruit juices, and hardly any bread. Can now fit into some size 18s...feels great!

Hello Ladies...

I believe for me it goes both ways...I have a wonderful nutritionist that I have been seeing since December...I have lost 150 pounds since then...by mostly changing my eating habits. She knows me in male mode....but knows about Julie...she is very cool. She says it seems to her I am more relaxed and eat much better as Julie. I know everything is connected and I just recently began dressing much more, came out to some friends...forced out in a way...and gone out in public for the first time! I have to believe me putting weight on(I have lost before) was subconsciously fighting my need to dress more openly...as I did not feel comfortable. Thank you for all the positive stories! I think you are all correct...In the end it is all the dressing and the weight healthier. My regular doctor was very happy with my weight loss and blood pressure. She doesn't need to know my need to feel more feminine...I stopped all soda...diet or otherwise...very little sugar...more fruits, veggies and a small amount of nuts...I learned that I am not on a diet...a made a lifestyle change....ummmm why yes...xox julie

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    The words Julie used in the post above is what makes the difference, I think: lifestyle change. I initially needed to lose weight in order to be able to eliminate some of the prescription drugs. That time corresponded with discovering Tina, although that is the only relationship between those two events. To lose the weight I did change my lifestyle where it comes to food. By dropping portion size I have become able to eat less without being hungry, and that change is permanent.

Now I have the luxury to decide just how much less body mass I wish, abd at least some of that decision is a consideration of what improves Tina's appearance. I think 15 pounds will do it, but I a doing that loss slowly so that there is less chance of putting it back after the loss. A year from the Jan. 1st is the goal!

Brava, Ms. Julie! I'm so glad you've been able to find a solution that works for you. As you say, it's lifestyle change, but it's one that will benefit you for the rest of your life.

Quote Originally Posted by Rose View Post
    I thought that was kind of funny until I realize it was nearly 2 PM and I hadn't eaten lunch because I spent all morning dressing...
    Happens to me, too! So, I guess I am a dress to diet girl!

A little bit of both

one thing to be careful of ------ make sure your calorie intake fits your activity area if you go the route of self starving yourself to lose weight your body will kick in to the famine mode and you will lose muscle mass before fat this can be serious. good luck I am in the same boat I was taking selfies of my new panties today and there was the glaring and accusing shape of ol snack belly !
    thanks phylis anne

i make diet because my wife's clothes doesn't fit to me