Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Can we truly stop? (All responses welcomed)

Dunno. Never tried. Sometimes life gets in the way and makes it not so important for a time, although I always have my eye on the next time I can dress.

Even if you stopped putting anything on related to female things, it would not change the fact that you are still a cross dresser.

I have tried to stop several times but each time I did I would constantly think about dressing. so I would eventually start again.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    Actually this is a variation of the question "Why do we crossdress?" If it's something we willed into existence, a choice of lifestyle or were encouraged to do by someone else, the answer should be yes. But if it's something that is part of our basic makeup, hard-wired into our personalities, then the answer is most likely going to be no.

My experience started when I was quite young, so no sexual start to my crossdressing. Did it enter into it once I passed puberty, hell yes. Did I go years in between opportunities to dress when I was first on my own and then when I was starting my family? Yes on that as well. Did I get to be a jerk until I found a way to start dressing again? Yes on that as well. And when I could finally share this with others was I able to accept and develop my understanding of what I was doing? Yes. Have all the signs in my life pointed toward the second explaination of being born somewhere other than the polar opposite of female on the gender scale? Yes, I believe they have, so can I quit? Not by choice.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

new here first post...

I have tried to over the years to quit as I questioned my own masculinity and sanity..I am a much calmer, a nicer person, and just plain happier with a drawer full of girly attire...I have been dressing since i was a child.
    I have only gone out twice in public dressed. Holloween parties in "drag".
    I wish I could blend in and go out in a normal setting and pass but...never tried cause Im just too damn big. Weight lifter, almost 6 2 very muscular... to wear beautiful heels out would make me a gaintess..I think i was driven at the gym by my obession to prove my man hood dispite my deep desire to crossdress..
    I enjoy my clothes at home. I have a wonderful wife of 28 years that understands and even surprizes me with panties and night gowns etc..

Anyway dont want to quit dont know that i could long term

wow, at first glance just reading your post definitely makes me feel that you hit "the nail on the head" for sure. and i think that it's comforting to know we are not alone in that many others before, now, and to come will face similar scenarios in life.

when time permits am going to try and read your post again and also read the replies and get in to deeper thought!

thanks!

Lil
    life is a work in progress... but not all work, there is always potential for play, too!

The only way we could stop.
    We would have to have NO impulses to dress when we are alone or with someone else.
    As for me:
    I'd rather be on Pluto with no clothes,food, or air.
    Even in bad periods in my life,I would fantasize about dressing. I've been doing it most of my life. I'm 72 now.
    As for me, I'd rather had been born a woman. No aches or pains except for the problems of life.
    Marilyn Monroe says "I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a woman in it".
    and I wish I was born a woman

Aspiring drama queen Isabella Ross's Avatar
    Let me be brief: no.

I've tried stopping in the past and would be able to stay away from dressing for a decent amount of time, but the thought of being feminine and putting on a sexy dress with some risque undies always brings me back to it. especially if you see a super cute piece that's on sale.

I've tried to stop and repress it my whole life.

I didn't work!

I just had to give up and accept I'm just a little girly.

This is an old question, but this site has a biased subset of TG people - the people who did quit would not be here.
    You need data taken from a source that included all TG people over time - and I don't think anyone has it.
    This author has a 5 set of books covering many aspects. Question 97 is about chance of stopping, but I haven't seen the answer - has anyone here?

http://www.lulu.com/shop/g-g-bolich/...-20623850.html
    or
    http://www.ggbolich.com/gender-studies.html

So best guess - "very few" - "rare" - "temporarily"

Ellen

Here is a person who claims to have stopped for 11 years
    http://cleaningyouraddiction.blogspo...uins-your.html

Of course, he is thinking about it enough to post, even 11 years later
    Last edited by DAVIDA; 09-05-2014 at 04:40 AM. Reason: Please use the edit button when there is no post since your last post.

Aspiring Member
    Could be true for some and not others. The only way to know for sure if it is true for YOU? Actually try to stop and see what happens. That is really the only way to know.

I have always known I wanted to cross dress, from the earliest of days. I didn't dare do anything about it but as I grew it was harder to resist, all the way thru a 19 year marriage to a person who wouldn't understand I resisted. I didn't cross dress but I knew damn well I was a cross dresser. When I finally met my SO things changed, I knew I could trust her with anything so I told her one day. It was the single most life changing day for me. Kids are away at school so there is finally time for me to try what I have always dreamed about, its been almost 4 years of CDing in practice and there is no way I could stop. If something happened where I wasn't with my SO I would have to set my life up now to be able to continue it. At least from time to time. The draw is far too powerful for me.

I have tried to stop many times over the years but always come back to it. I realised, with the help from this site, that it is a part of me that will never go away.

I have purged over the years and deeply regret it. So many loverly things that I have lost. Never again. I will never stop because I can't and don't want to.

Lucy Lou xx

Once you start do you ever really quit? I will go months without thinking about it and see a woman pull off an amazing look or style and my mind snaps right back to my stash. I have told my wife I find myself checking out other woman for their clothes or especially shoes. Won't be checking into any rehab soon. Is a part of me I wouldn't want to let go of for many reasons.

Luv doing girl stuff CherylFlint's Avatar
    I started wearing my mother's stuff when I was 4, so I guess that about sums it up.
    I've tried repression and purging but I've learned that I can't fight it so why not enjoy life and have fun?
    Which is what I do. When I first started dressing as an adult I'd shop via catalogue but I've found a better and a whole lot cheaper way: thrift stores.
    I buy my lingerie and wigs on-line or in person, but for everything else it's Goodwill and consignment shops.
    But I've not dressed in awhile, although I do look into my closet once a day.
    I think being a CD is just what makes-up a part of me, dressed or not. But dressing is awfully relaxing, I must admit.
    Thanks for the post. Enjoyed reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by DAVIDA View Post
    Even if you stopped putting anything on related to female things, it would not change the fact that you are still a cross dresser.
    I totally agree. I stopped putting on anything feminine for more than 20 years. But I went back to wearing feminine things.

A blossoming flower xx Jennifer Devine's Avatar
    Until last week i had been repressing the woman in me for about 3 years!
    The want and the desire to dress as a woman never goes away.
    When i found my old wig last week and became Jennifer again it was like a massive weight lifted off my shoulders and i felt so uncontrollably happy and overjoyed!
    If you try to stop for good, it will do you no good!
    WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications. It is recommended that other members post a similar notice to this.

No. I don't believe you can really truly stop. The urges will always be there. I have been battling my desire to cross dress for years and was a truly miserable person. I'm not so miserable anymore since I finally accepted myself.
    You Don't Have To Be Female To Enjoy Being A Woman

I am trying to dress less for the wife.
    It is always on my mind
    I try to find other joys however nothing seems to match that wonderful feeling of lady's clothing.