Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dropping the cross dressing atom bomb on someone you're dating.

Banned Read only
    @RachelRoxx - your best bet for finding a compatible partner is to find a woman who is, herself, bisexual. A bisexual woman tends to be the most accepting of an SO who CDs in a relationship. And of course, being bi herself, she can't exactly hold your sexual orientation against you either.

It's really a tough break that you have two such stigmatized things about yourself, bisexuality, and CDing. It's totally unfair the way so many people feel about both of these, especially cisgender heterosexual women, but I guess those are the breaks. It's probably not much comfort to you, but it could be worse - you could be a transsexual.

Can you be open-minded about what she wants? Many open-minded women have kinks of their own. Many get turned on by someone dominant -- can you take charge in bed? Many women like a little pain during sex -- can you go there? Or alternatively, can you submit to a woman who likes being dominant in bed, and will expect you to value her pleasure over your own? If any of those seem possible to you, you might want to use a kinky dating site or start spending time in the fetish community.

Aspiring Member
    Jess, that's what I suggested - the kink community seems the best option for crossdressers who want to be open from the start, which I encourage if it's a relatively big part of their life. If, like Jennifer mentioned, it's just one small aspect of the person then time and patience with less accepting girls might also work. I think most here would know the right time to tell, if they make that decision and stick with it. Telling is still more desirable than not no matter the situation.

As for the bi issue, this never bothered me for some reason. I had a LTR with a bisexual guy before meeting H, and I never felt he was itching to run off with a man. I felt jealous he had so many more options than me if we split up, LOL! But I know from him, and from having a best friend who is bi and has since settled down very happily with a husband and kids, that it doesn't mean some rampant sex feast at every corner. Bisexual people CAN choose to be monogamous with the person they love, boy or girl.

I suspect the rest of us are just jealous at our more limited dating pool

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    follow up question. When you find out what kind of person they are...say they are unaccepting...what do you do? Keep it a secret and keep dating? Keep it a secret and break up? Finally tell and see how she reacts giving her the opportunity to make up her own mind. If any of the above how do you reconcile the time you took from them (and yourself) that you could have been looking for someone more your type?
    I would probably say, keep it a secret and break up, but that is Me. You usually get a really good feel for what kind of person someone is within 2-4 weeks of dating. I just think telling someone on the first date is a huge mistake especially if your a CD and do not plan on going past that (transitioning).

Take the CDing out of the picture for a moment and wouldn't it be wise to do the same if she/he aren't the person you thought they were or presented themselves as? It would be better to waste the 30 days rather than get married and be unhappy your whole life or get divorced and waste that much more of both of your time.

Personally, I am lucky enough to have an AMAZING SO, even without the CDing aspects, who doesn't try to be the master in our relationship, lay down laws, or any of that other nonsense. We are in this together and as such we do everything together including getting through things and the bad times.

I just think that we do a lot of compromising around here and to be with someone that doesn't accept you for you is starting to sound like relationships are a one way street you're traveling the wrong way. Why "settle"?

I believe the OP has the right idea, but is coming forward too soon in the relationship. I certainly believe it should be out on the table before the relationship gets serious , if possible because it comes down to the type of person you are, and most certainly BEFORE you walk the asile.

Of coarse this is just MY opinion
    Last edited by ~Joanne~; 07-29-2014 at 10:07 AM.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    What my experience has felt to be is that the single biggest difficulty in my finding someone is my age (53); secondly that I am not really interested in dating men; thirdly that I have a relatively low sex drive; and fourth that I am trans.

Most people on dating sites don't really read profiles; they might skim them, sometimes, but even on the sites that are less "hook-up" and more "relationship" only a minority of people react more than superficially to something written in the profiles. So it is that I have had some women contact me not having noticed that I wrote about being trans. Some just immediately stop the conversation (usually without even a line of goodbye, or a response if I follow up later), but the more common reaction is an "Okay, I can deal with that", possibly with a "But I won't do oral on you". The disqualifier at that point typically turns out to be that they want sex more often than my body would be up to it.

Quote Originally Posted by marshalynn View Post
    I think more women can accept the cross dressing, than can accept you being bi.
    Bi woman most often accept bi guys...
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

So first you tell her that you crossdress and, if she is still hanging in there, you then let her know that you are bi? What kind of women are you dating? On top of that, you're carrying some attitude about a woman "making you choose". I'm a happily married guy so I know that there are all kinds of women out there, who like all kinds of things, but I can't imagine that very many women are going to hang around given your approach. Someone suggested trying bi-girls, at a minimum I think you should go that route - I also think you need to realize that all women want to be your top priority, whatever peccadillos you, or I, or they, may bring to the table. Without that, you can pretty much forget it.

This may sound like a romantic idea but a woman who really loves you (gets to know you and understand you) may have an easier time adjusting to those ideas so take some time to really get to know each other. Maybe don't bring up both topics at once but rather one at a time. I admire your courage to bring it up so early in a relationship.

I told my wife i was bi first. a year or so later i told her i was a cd. now she does my makeup a lot and gives me advice on clothing. Im very lucky

Whether a woman gets to know you does not change what turns her on, or turns her off. For the vast majority of women, femininity in a guy is a sexual turn off. And there's nothing you can do about that. I don't blame women that aren't attracted to us for being unfair, or unreasonable. It's simply what they feel when they think of us in a dress. You can find the most accepting woman on the face of the earth, but if she's turned off by you being a crossdresser, there will never be any romantic relationship between you and her. That said, I'm in a similar boat, and am doing the same thing. But I sort of test the waters, ask how my date feels about sexual alternative lifestyles. So far, I've come across no women who would consider a crossdresser as a mate. The last time I did any serious research finding information about who might date us was back in the nineties, but I don't believe anything has changed. Those statistics were about 1.5% of women who would consider a crossdresser as a partner. However, while in therapy, discussing it with the therapist, it turns out that of the women who initially believed they could tolerate it, about half eventually decided they could not. So that leaves us with about 0.75% of all the women out there as potential mates. That is the reality. There are a lot of people here, those with accepting wives, who will tell you otherwise, that if someone gets to know you first and becomes emotionally invested in the relationship, she may 'come around'. But again, no matter how much she may love you, what is a turn off usually always remains a turn off, and it eventually rips the relationship apart. The best advice that I have been given, was to make friends with gay women, and go to the female gay bars when they go out, as a friend. There you will find a few women who are basically straight but are curious, perhaps with some attraction to the physical femininity, which we can hopefully steer towards our own gender crossing. We hope. So that's my only advice. As I'm not out, there is little hope of me doing that, so I remain online, ever hopeful. I've met a lot of women who like me, but none who would find any joy at dating a guy who wants to be as pretty as they are. For those who will say that there are plenty of women out there that will date, even marry us, well then, start a straight girl crossdresser dating business. You'll be rich beyond your wildest dreams, as there are millions of crossdressers out here, and many of us will be quite happy to pay to meet a woman who would love us just as we are. They just aren't out there.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Lexi, It can't be painted with a broad brush. Those that dress in secret are in a different boat than those that are out in the mainstream world,owning up to it."Top secret" behavior is always suspect and paints things a certain way.

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    Haven't read yet. Have to say, calling it an atom bomb sets you up for failure. Dressing is a blessing. It enables us to have a greater connection and understanding of what women go through to get ready and maintain their appearance. That should make you a better person in a relationship.

Thank you all for your advice. I knew this melting pot of ladies would guide me. I've definitely realized some things and will take a different approach. The bi thing, I do find myself attracted to some men when I'm Rachel. But it's rare and me acting on it is ever more rare. I don't blame women for not accepting it. I completely understand. I'll try a different approach next time. I'll also try looking in different places as well. Thank you all!

The way I started Dating the last few times with my girl friends has been online, and I've always been upfront with my crossdressing and its been something that i've mentioned though the last time it was something I believed was in my past and I told my date it wasn't something I was doing any more.

5 years later and now shes my wife its kinda kicking in hard, the transvestism, and though i've tried to discuss it its led her to tears with her thinking i'm gonna run away from her with my handbag and heals with a boyfriend (LOL)

I've told her she should trust me, and i've told her, I love her and I have no interest in blokes. and well have to see if this pans out or I am willingly happy to drop the crossdressing if I have to, not Crossdressing for 10 years or so has left my crossdressing options kinda low, I enjoyed taking it the whole way fully dressing in a femme persona, hair nails etc. I think i'ma long way from achieving this again, financially and relationship wise.

Honesty is the best policy but even then it wont be easy, best of luck.

I guess I got lucky when I told my then girlfriend about my dressing. She took it in stride, at the time. Then I didn't hear from her for 2 weeks and I figured she was gone, freaked out. Well, she was and needed someone to talk to about it. She went to her mother to discuss my revelation! I didn't call her but waited. She came back after the 2 weeks and said basically, it's not what's on the outside that's important to me, it's what's on the inside. That was 33 years ago and she has been an up and down supporter of my dressing all the way. Now the kids are out of the house and Allison is really coming to the front of my life she is encouraging me to do it. Life is short she says, if you don't you'll regret it. My only advice is to make sure your SO knows before you marry, it would be torture to hide such an important part of yourself….forever! You can look for more girlfriends without fallout, a divorce over it would be a terrible thing to go through.

Thanks for that wonderful post that line..."it's not what's on the outside that's important to me, it's what's on the inside." ....really resonated with me.

Yeah thats the absolute truth, some women are just not wired to accept it, Women in general in my experience if they can't handle it its something you cant change in them, and will end up miserably for you and them.

Quote Originally Posted by allisonagain View Post
    I guess I got lucky when I told my then girlfriend about my dressing. She took it in stride, at the time. Then I didn't hear from her for 2 weeks and I figured she was gone, freaked out. Well, she was and needed someone to talk to about it. She went to her mother to discuss my revelation! I didn't call her but waited. She came back after the 2 weeks and said basically, it's not what's on the outside that's important to me, it's what's on the inside. That was 33 years ago and she has been an up and down supporter of my dressing all the way. Now the kids are out of the house and Allison is really coming to the front of my life she is encouraging me to do it. Life is short she says, if you don't you'll regret it. My only advice is to make sure your SO knows before you marry, it would be torture to hide such an important part of yourself….forever! You can look for more girlfriends without fallout, a divorce over it would be a terrible thing to go through.
    Im big hairy burly guy, and I dont think anyone would ever suspect me, of all people to have my interests of crossdressing, I perfected it over years, and though over 6'2" and 280lbs I present my self well femme, well I used too, but thats another story. what im trying to say I guess is if your not honest, with a partner and tell them after you are already hooked in to a marriage or a long term relationship, ou have set a trap, and no-one likes to be put in a trap, it starts resentment, doesn't it.

Put your self in their shoes(not literally) your wife comes home shes shaves her head bounds her chest and when at home whats to be called richard, fart, eat beans, smoke a pipe, and have skid marks in her tidy whiteys, and promote body hair and have a tatoo on her shoulder I love bob. I dont know if I could handle it.
    Last edited by Katey888; 08-02-2014 at 04:24 AM. Reason: Consecutive posts merged - please use edit post to add to existing post rather than adding a successive post...

Quote Originally Posted by Rogina B View Post
    Lexi, It can't be painted with a broad brush.
    Yeah, actually it can. As what I said above, we don't get to decide what turns us on or turns us off. If we did, I'd choose to be turned on by fat, ugly, smelly women with bad dispositions. I'd be having so much sex that I'd have to quit my job. But the women don't get to choose what turns them off either, so no matter how much she likes the rest of me, 'girly' me doesn't stand a chance of becoming her boyfriend; friend, yes. Boyfriend, not going to happen, and I'm in enough women's friend zones already (like, almost all of them). Often, any femininity in a guy is simply a turn off. And once the sexual interest is gone, so is any chance for a romantic relationship.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

If you interacted with the mainstream world while presenting as a woman,then there is a greater chance of meeting a woman that may be "turned on" by the thoughts of being with you. However,if your feminine presentation is held secret to the world,many woman may view that you "aren't comfortable with it"[perversion factor] and so prefer to keep the male you as a friend.After all,it is only a "he" telling about how you like to be a "she"...Different from presenting as a "she" that is sometimes a "he".

My SO gradually found out through hints I dropped. She's okay with it, but not "in" to it. But she's still definitely supportive! We were young, and I thought it was so weird at the time. I'd probably be more forward with it earlier on if it were happening today.

I can relate to the frustration. I just got told, "You are a really great person...BUT" once again.
    This has been something of a constant theme, but I won't give up on it. I refuse to yield to the notion that the person for me doesn't exist.

I wonder if it is the way you are breaking the news to them.
    You have to sell yourself a bit and build up a mystique.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.