Thread: Crossdressing in the summer?! Who knew?

Crossdressing in the summer?! Who knew?

This summer marks the first time in my 20+ years of Crossdressing that I have actually done so in the summer. For years I have suffered through the summer months so badly wanting to get dressed up but wouldn't due to the summer heat. The staples of my CD attire have traditionally been shapewear, tights/hose, and thick, warm dresses/skirts - to cover up the manliness as much as possible. My CD'ng would basically stop once the warm weather came and start back up in October, but not this year. This past month I threw caution to the wind and started dressing light. Strappy heels, thin poly dresses, capris and a sleeveless top - woot! My wardrobe just doubled in size!!!!

I LOVE IT! And am somewhat regretful that I didn't try it sooner. Anyway.....Here's to CD365!
    Last edited by JanetWood; 07-30-2014 at 07:32 PM.

And a short skirt is so much cooler than pants or even shorts. In every sense of the word.

Welcome to summer

I totally agree with you! For years, I suffered through the summers in tights and sweaters when I just HAD to dress, and it wasn't pretty...the big game-changer for me was when I finally shaved my body as part of a weight-reduction/exercise regime, and what a difference that made in my life. Now I can't wait for summer to come, so I can ditch the tights and nylons and feel my skirts and dresses against my legs, yum!

Platinum Member
    Hi Janet, That's why ladies wear those pretty little summer dresses.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

i'm exactly the opposite -- I live for summer so I can get the small/light clothes on; wear the shoes that cover only about 5% of my feet. I love being out on a warm evening with a gentle breeze moving my skirt around.

In the winter, I don't dress as much because it's all so... utilitarian.

I'm glad you found the knack of summer. Try going out in just your dress and shoes -- it's so cool to walk down the street knowing the only thing between you and the public at large is a thin layer of fabric.
    Last edited by Pat; 07-30-2014 at 10:10 PM.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    I LOVE dressing in the summer....less clothes....smooth legs, sun tans, baby oil, shorts, skirts...so much fun...

Yep. I've been converted to being a year round CD. I will say one thing - dressing in the summer is a lot less work. You wear less

If you have the figure for it summer dressing is glorious.
    I am lucky.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Janet, You are so right. The feeling of a skirt, out in the open and a breeze is wonderful. How lucky women are to be able to dress like that every day.
    I too have thought many times I wish I had started much earlier. I don't regret many of the things that I have done, but I have a lot of regrets about things I could have done and let those opportunities pass by.
    Stephanie

Platinum Member
    I have always dressed in the summer months...how can you do otherwise in Houston. But until last summer, I'd studiously avoided halter tops and sleeveless dresses. All that time I hid my arms and shoulders. Turns out, I need not have done so. I feel good in cooler sleeveless tops and dresses, I've gotten lots of compliments and with or without sleeves, people seem to accept me as a woman or ignore me entirely.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

A knee length summer skirt sandals painted toe nails and the breeze around your bare legs is heaven