Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting Caught as a Kid

Getting Caught as a Kid

When I was about 12 years old I was baby sitting at a neighbor's house, I was wrong and Im sure I deserved everything I got, getting caught back then Im sure shaped my life in some bad ways, and led me to a pathe of destruction for many years after, sounds Horrible doesn't it.
    Heres what went down,

I waited for the neighbors kids to go to bed, and went into the spare room, the room was full of boxes that obviously had been abandoned since the neighbours, had moved in to the house and not been unpacked, I noticed in passing that one of the boxes was marked Clothes, I had to look. this was back in the early eighties and these clothes were obviously from the mid seventies, she obviously was a Disco kinda chick, and the clothes would of made any Drag Queen envious.
    There were even Heels that fit me, this little adventure went on several times, there wasn't any underwear in these boxes, just some awesome glamour stuff that at the time I thought I looked like one of the girls from abba

After a few times of dressing up without any underwear, I took the next step and slithered in to the Neighbours master bedroom, after a few minutes I came accross the items I needed to complete the look of these dresses, a bra, some shapewear. and pantyhose, I believe I was wrong, I was given some trust and I took advantage, and over stepped my boundaries, but I guess I was still a child and was given to much responsibility in the first place.

the second time I was babysitting and decided to dress up in her clothes, was in their bedroom and I heard the front door open, I was admiring my self in the mirror and I panicked I ran to the bathroom across the hall way and realized I had left all my regular clothes in the bedroom, the husband was already halfway up the stairs I had no time, to return to the bedroom to get my stuff or put her stuff away I was truly in a predicament, The bathroom was a small bathroom with just a toilet and a sink and a small window with a two story drop to the side of the house, I was trapped. all I could think of was taking all the clothes off and dropping them out the window, but I was then naked with my own clothes sitting on the neighbor's bedroom floor. I was truly F**KED*.

After a short while of the old man banging on the washroom door, I decided to open the door, when the wife asked me to come out, I had a towel around my waist. the Mr neighbour had my clothes in his hands, and looked like he wanted to beat me severely, and I guess deservedly, Mrs Neighbour was a little more sympathetic and grabbed my clothes off her husband and asked me to step back inside the wash room and get dressed.

They told me they had known about my indiscretions for a few weeks as soon as I had started entering there bedroom and going through her things, I was So embarrassed, I felt like I was gonna die, I was marched around to my house after I had told them what I had done with her clothes, and they presented me to my father who,is a macho chauvinistic old school kinda guy who apologised for my actions, and when my neighbours when home, my dad beat me badly in his usual way with a Cricket Stump about a 1 1/4" 4 foot long piece of round oak that left two red marks on every stroke.

After that I didn't crossdress again I guess till I was in my mid twenties and married, but in my youth I went on to much more normal aspects of youth and self loathing, Drinking and taking drugs, funny thing nobody really had a problem with that.

not sure of the moral of this story but I thought id share with you people.

Gone to live my life
    Hi Jodee,

Quite the story but as kids we all do things which we live to regret (especially when punishment is delved out but a parent . . . cricket stump . . . ouchy). Kids do all sorts of weird things because they tend to live in the moment and not project forward. So I would not beat yourself up too much about what you did.

Thanks for sharing.

Hugs

Isha

well all that is in the rear-view mirror now, sorry to hear about the beating, dont know your age but sounds like an old-school way of handling of the situation,

just take comfort that were normal folks, everyone has theyre quirks, and while were here were the most normal, many of us had our youthful indiscretions, bouts with alcohol and/or drugs, sneaking into others wardrobes for a fleeting fancy of feminine folly, **it happens.....
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

Yes that was back in the days when kids were dealt the punishment quick and swift. I remember many spankings well as I was always doing something crazy. Never did the drugs though. That is a good story, I kept wishing as I was reading it that the lady was going to say her young man take the clothes and come over and wear them any time. Now that could have been some even greater memories.

Platinum Member
    Hi Jodee, After all of that I would be afraid to ever touch another piece of feminine clothing.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Im 48 this year and believe maybe because of my age and general appearance my Crossdressing glory days are long gone. but I guess thats how things were, I dont hate my father for it, hes a good bloke really, but he is a product of his upbringing and me mine.

I think many CDs have had similar experiences. The problem was that you were doing this while babysitting. Age 48 doesn't mean CDing is over. You'll find that many on this site range from 50-80 years old and are dressing more than when they were younger.

I dont know if its over for me, but my time dressing femme out side the home I think is, I dont wanna be seen as a old guy in a dress, its just my opinion and I dont want to upset anyone, its just how I feel, and I dressed openly femme for about 10 years from 25-35 but could pull it off back then.

It wasn't till I came out as TS that my mother said she knew all my life. Every woman knows when their things have been rifled thru', or worn.
    I don't think there's a moral to your story, but there is a lesson to be learned.

I got caught with my mother's slip once. I thought that I had gotten away with it all those other times, but after looking back at things many years later, I realized that my parents must have known about it all along.

I went on to get in all sorts of trouble. I often wonder whether it would have been better to concentrate on crossdressing, instead of branching out to all those other bad things. But crossdressing was illegal back then (early 60s), so it probably wouldn't have reduced my run-ins with local law enforcement.

This thread has me wondering how much my mother actually knew back then I remember trying on eye makeup for the first time and hearing our car pull into the driveway. My eyes were all red from cleaning it off as fast as I could. My mother asked me if something was wrong with my eyes but I played it off as nothing. She probably knew.

My Mothers Brother was a famous UK Drag Queen and though I never sore him actually dressed in Drag, he had photos all over the place and his closets in his apartment were often bulging at the seems with feather boa's and sequin dresses hanging out of the closet. this was back in the 70's as I sat on the floor listening to the beatles mum used to drop me off there and hell I would always look around but never touch anything.

The sad thing is that your parents disapproval reflects society's disapproval. And that can become internalized.

I don't disapprove or feel guilty about my Crossdressing, but I see it from my wife's partner's point of view, even though I told her about it before we started dating I believe the urge had gone for good, it wouldn't return, foolish man, Ha

The details may be different, but it's a rather common story among us that a boy finds clothes and the opportunity to wear them. He does so because he thinks he might like it, and, sure enough, here we are as members of a CDing forum.
    I was caught playing with lipstick. My dad held me down and smeared it all over my mouth while verbally humiliating me. Every time I tell this story, I end with "and I've hardly touched the stuff since then". HA!
    Getting caught and punished often drove us deeper into the closet.
    Too bad the rest of the world doesn't know what we do: you can't beat the urge to crossdress out of a kid. Maybe that's the moral of the story. Also, don't get caught again.

I got caught once as a kid. I was probably about 13, and it was summertime. One of my best gg friends had left her swimsuit in a duffle bag in our car, since we had all been together and were going to be reconvening later that afternoon/evening. I remember dying to know what it felt like to wear a girl's bathing suit, and so I "snuck" outside to the car to get the bag so I could try on the suit. Anyway, my mom totally busted me, and I really didn't have an alibi, and so I told her the truth. I can't really remember how she responded, but I do remember I was TOTALLY embarrassed.

I dont think the Cding was beaten out of me but getting caught doing anything my old man didn't approve of was, he was the kinda bloke that liked storys of us getting in to fights, either with me and my brothers or at school

I used to dress from 10 -13 in my moms clothes when they would leave I would always find away to stay home to dress up. My mother new something was going on but could not quite figure it out. My Dad was the type of guy that always seemed right there when it came to punishment time especially getting caught like that and my Dad was very verbally abusive. I knew the risk was great and was very careful those few years. But at one point my mom noticed some things out of place and we had some sort of makeshift family meeting which was totally embarrassing with my two brothers. No body fessed up of course even though I knew it was me there was no way in heck I was going to let this out to my father who already did not like the fact we were around and cost him money. After that I stopped for years and didn't even think about it much till approx a year ago. I wish now I had done this in my twenties not sure but that little family meeting was more like a nazi interrogation with a beating at the end and years of verbal abuse cause he would have never let that go. So I felt so ashamed even though I barely evaded getting caught because my Mom caught on and pulled out and explanation of what happened to cover but she never said one word to me about it. I thought something was wrong with myself for a lot of years. Now I regret that developmental time was taken away from me. But back then things were alot different, today my Dad would have been in jail for that kind of punishment but back then it was accepted.

Quote Originally Posted by Jodeeuk View Post
    I dont think the Cding was beaten out of me but getting caught doing anything my old man didn't approve of was, he was the kinda bloke that liked storys of us getting in to fights, either with me and my brothers or at school
    Yeah, unless we lost the fights all the time. After all, fighting is the manly thing to do when challenged over anything, right? Of course, if the fight was with another guy over which one of us would get to play tinkerbell in the school play, that might change his mind! I can hear it now: "You were fighting over WHAT?"
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Banned Read only
    I was never caught outright by my parents. With hindsight I'm fairly sure my mother, and, therefore my father, had an idea. My mother made the comment once that her can of hair spray was being used up. I also snapped one of the straps on her black bra, her one and only black bra. The closest I came to being discovered was the day I did not gauge the amount of time it took for the elevator to travel six floors. If it wasn't for the security chain on the apartment's door, I would have been discovered. I often wonder what would have happened had the chain broke and they discovered me wearing one of my mother's summer sun dresses and a slip. I'm sure I would have been beaten severely.

My mother was the parent who administered the corporal punishment. I wore the welts to prove it. I often wonder what happened to her as a child that she thought that was the manner in which to discipline a child.

My experiance was very different. I had a black girdle/slimmer stashed in one of my dresser drawers when I was in HS. When I came home from school one afternoon, my mother asked me why it was in my dresser. I paniced for a moment and then she said "is it so you can get into those tight pants (mid 60's)"? I could have said yes, but told her that I just liked to wear them. I really can't remember any more of the conversation. She never said anything about it again and although I'm pretty sure she told my father, he never said anything either. I'm pretty sure she knew all along as I would use here clothing from time to time, and am sure I didn't get everytning back in place.

caught , where to begin, it was perhaps a week after trying on my sisters black lacecup UW bra and pantiegirdle when i was caught by my mother.

the reason was i took them and wore them everyday (they felt so wonderful) so they were missed and mom came looking for them

not only did she find them , she found me wearing them . so i was told to take them off and was made to promise not to wear my sisters things

a week later i was caught again by mom dressed in her things and yet again made to strip ,

A gay friend of hers told her to get me my own things and "problem solved"

she did and no doubt kept me out of serious trouble

Cricket stump eh! That's why I was so glad my Mum never told Dad when she found me. I was around 13, maybe 14. I suspect I'd of got a thrashing.
    “Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing
    and rightdoing there is a field.
    I'll meet you there.” - Rumi.

My experience getting caught did not result in a physical pain. I'm truly sorry to hear of that story. We probably think we're being so clever when we're kids. Hiding our dressing and thinking no one is the wiser. I'm glad you are at least coming to terms with yourself. Thank you for sharing.

I never really got "caught" per se as a kid. Although at times there was a lot of circumstantial evidence to be found.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning