Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you dress for looks or feel?

Do you dress for looks or feel?

Just curious about the feelings were on a topic. ?... I've realized I'll never be anb attractive female buti don't mind. I dress without shaving and serious behead. I like the way satin feels and slides when moving. I have even been known to shave (quite often) while wearinga satin camisole. If I were ever caught, I'd have some seriously explaining to do andi don't think anyone will accept that I was working on a bearded lady Halloween contest.

Hi,

okay, Looks or feel , how about to show off and quite often , just not in your normal womens fashions or womens wear, Im not ...a...show off ...... just i do show.... off.... my clothes and get good comments as i travel around and over sea,sand meet many 100,s of new people,

Now, as to feel i dont know, yes my clothes are quite lovely i just dont get bothered about that , to me they are just clothes,

To or for looks yes now that,s intirely different, i cant see my self in we call mundan garb - clothes or your normal every day/ night wear i prefer period wear and of times past now thats more my detail ,

youll have my attention pretty quick and if they are in keeping with my background ,German , then ill be thinking oh wow can i get the fabric and start making those clothes 1400 to 1700 is what i wear as i have many different styles and i wear them to our camps plus over sea,s,

So yes it,s wear and show,

...noeleena...

For me its both =)

Both, I gotta look good and feel good at the same time.
    I don't dress to impress, I dress to outdress

Looks, really. I want to look as feminine as I can when I dress.

I have two wardrobes: one for feel and one for look. Even my lingerie, hosiery and footwear are divided into two categories. I can't really look like a woman from head to toe, but I sure like the way some outfits look. Of course my absolute favorites are outfits that look and feel great.

I'm with Stina and Joanne. Got to be both. Need to look good, feel good and act good. Plus the preparation time to get the makeup right and outfit selection heighten the anticipatory moment.
    Complete girly package for me
    Amanda
    X

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    I'm pretty sure this phenomenon is part of the ordinary progression of CDing. When I started on this forum all I looked at where the threads on the clothes. It's taken a few years, becoming unattached, and retirement for me to get to the point of dressing for both the look and the feel. Successfully getting out the door really changes everything. It's very much like growing up. Playing in the house with toys is fine for children, but once you're out and have made friends in the neighborhood, your world changes forever.

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    BOTH, for me.
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

Gone to live my life
    Hi Lena,

I guess for me I dress for looks. Isha is how I choose to express this part of my personality and as such, I dress to achieve an ability to blend in with the Vanilla world.

Hugs

Isha

Platinum Member
    Hi Lena, You can't have one without the other, It's the whole sensation of looking and feeling so very feminine.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

For me its definitely the feel. I, too, will never present convincingly as a woman to the point where I have given up trying but I still get the best buzz from dressing up in the more tactile fabrics such as silk, satin and taffeta. I go for the fabric rather than the garment whether it be a scarf, dress, blouse or skirt mainly. Thanks for the thread; its good to know other people's situations.

Interesting question Lena, I started off thinking both, but I think there's more to it that that...

It's definitely look - I like to try my best to look good... and I think by 'feel' you're talking more about the textures and tactile nature of the fabrics, yes..? Which I agree with to some extent... but let me add a bit more too...

It's also 'fit' - which is a tricky thing for us as the fit is rarely ideal for our body shape even if we're slim - but when you are lucky enough to get something that fits really well, and just hugs you in all the right places, then I think that's also when you really look good... Oh, and if it's an article that's good quality like a tailored and lined dress that just fits snug where it should but hangs well and moves with you when you move, and you can just feel and hear that little 'swish' of outer against lining and lining against lingerie and nylons, and... well... 'nuff said..

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

I guess for me it is a bit of both, but mostly for the feel. I will never pass in public,
    and from the neck down, when dressed I think I look pretty good, at least when I look in the mirror I don't hate what I see.
    but if the clothes don't feel nice and fit right, then it just does not work.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Depends on the mood, yesterday I dressed for feel, skirt and blouse, no wig or make up, today it's the whole package, today it's about the look, and the feel, all silky feeling clothes, wig and makeup.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

For me its the feeling, I need it.
    Passing just isn't happening in this life time.

I guess both, but I want to look as natural as I can...

I always strive to look nice en femme but sometimes, depending on what I'm doing I dress for effect.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Thanks for the responses. I don't even really feel comfortable looking at myself in *normal* mode. Insecurity has always been a major contributor to my identity.

So, even when I dress, I do want to look good but it's the feeling that dives me. I feel confidant comfortable and just "right" when wearing a comfortable dress.

Granted, it feels amazingly awesome when hair is removed and the appropriate aroma therapy is applied.

Platinum Member
    I dress for 'self' basically to harmonize the inside and outside.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I dress for look and feel. I get jealous of all the cute and sexy outfits GG's get to wear. I wanna look and feel as sexy as them.

Aspiring Member
    For me how the cloths feel, and help me feel about myself, is the most important.

I gave up on trying to look like a GG long ago.......However I do try to maintain a conservative outwardly appearance....... so look is somewhat important to me.

If I don't like how it feels, I am not wearing it, no matter how good it looks. That goes for my guy cloths too!!

I like the feel but I will not wear things I will do not look good on me

I dress entirely for the look. Male and female clothes feel the same to me once I have them on. Of course, when I look good, (relatively speaking), it makes me feel great!

Both, but not exactly for the reasons you might think. They both simply help suspend the belief that I'm male. It's when oh, 99% of what I see and feel is providing feedback telling me that I'm a girl that I'm most comfortable. From my visual point of view, everything I see sends back signals that indicate female; the hair, the clothes, accessories, nails, shoes. Sense of touch is the same; dangling earrings, necklace or choker, bra/panties/briefer stockings/garter belt or thigh highs, dress, bracelet/watch, nail polish, and some sort of female shoes. All give back different nervous system responses than any of my male clothing does. So for me it's all about the signals coming back to me, not anything that would influence anyone else, that drives my desire to dress/behave in ways that all tell ME that I'm female.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.