Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you dress for looks or feel?

i think it's the feeling of wearing female clothes that i like. but the look is also important

I dress for looks to look good when I go out to meet new people. Now, when dressed in women's clothes I also get to enjoy all the other benefits of wearing feminine clothing like the light feel of a breeze up the skirt or dress while walking down the street, the soft swish and flow of that skirt or dress as it brushes my legs as I walk, the view brief view of a semblance of cleavage as I glance down at the top of my outfit, the restriction caused by a tight fitting skirt that prevents full leg strides, the tightness of a well fitted top around the chest, and that feel of great satisfaction when I see an attractive older woman looking back at me when I walk by a reflecting window.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    can i dress for both??LOL...while shopping..I am a material girl...and i am drawn to certain materials....ones that i like the feel of.....then i work on putting them together to some sort of look.

I started out as just being curious and enjoyed the feel..That remained common until 10 years ago when the feel wasn't always there to satisfy the urge so I started to expand my dressing to a feel and visual style starting from the neck down..

Since doing that I can no longer go back to being satisfied by just feel alone and it continued to grow more visual while still searching for the feel and catching the feel every so often as if the visual was driving the search.. The visual is no good with out the feel and the feel is no good without the visual...I'm doomed
    I do not!! Claim to be an expert on any topic, when I post a new thread or reply on any thread my imput is strickly that of a crossdresser. Not to offend Gay people , Transexuals or any other life style, I am only commenting on one of my own.

It's a bit of both for me. With some modifications...
    When I started CDing I realized I felt better when dressed and was more relaxed. That's a 'base' to all of my dressing, the good natural feeling.
    But..I also discovered how sexy I could feel. Especially with certain outfits.. The skirts, the LBD + heels when out clubbing, etc. And so I push that side as much as possible...dressing to both look and feel sexy.
    Even though I'm 49 and face isn't as good for it (but body is, to me ) I try to hit clubs dressed as someone in 20's.
    When out for general stuff, I'll skirt it up and be more reasonable.. Although one could say even that's much for today's 'jeans' society... But I like to show the legs whenever possible .
    Depressing part to that...the fact that fall's coming up soon here in MI... Wanna stay in shorts and skirts forever..
    Kacey Rhiannon - (FB Page) (Twitter)
    Bliss is your birthright! Feel Sexy Every Day!

I like the feel...

Several have mentioned that they to go for "the look..." while some others mention the feel. I fall into the feel category since, at well over 6 foot tall and way too far past 250 lbs, I'm not going to "look" very good under most circumstances. But If I pull on a set of babydolls or even some tights & a leotard, I just like the way they feel on me. And... while I don't have any misgivings about "who I am" or "where I'm going," I do sometimes get a feeling of sheer relaxation and being totally "unwound" when I'm dressed as mentioned above.

Part of this I thank my better half for. She is and has been totally accepting of my occasional dabbling in clothes of the fairer sex and I think that being able to trust her completely when dressed serves to encourage that feeling of super contentment. I mean... many of us are still in the closet and dressing carries with it some real apprehension about "what if I get caught?" But knowing that she has absolutely no problem with it, I can indulge in the privacy of our home without that concern.

One final comment... someone mentioned earlier that they sometimes shave wearing a silk/satin camisole. There was a time when I'd pull on a leotard first thing in the morning before I shaved to make that sometimes unpleasant task more tolerable. Now, I just don't shave as often! Solved that problem...

So yes, definitely put me in the "feel" category.

Lacy PJs

Strangely enough I do it to feel more self confident and if I achieve some semblance of the look of a woman then I feel like a woman and can enjoy the privileges that go with it such as the feel of silk or chiffon and the smell of perfume or the locks of hair that drape the nape of my neck. I appreciate it even more as I get older.

Always,
    Ilsa

I dress for peace of mind.

Jessie White
    I always thought it was the feel, but I now think the two are more closely intertwined for me, as if I cant get the look right, it doesn't feel right either...

Absolutely BOTH! I love the way clothing feels, for sure, but I just have to look as good as I can. Fashionable and with some elegance I hope. But I don't know that I'd be as keen a crossdresser if women's fashions consisted of potato sacks, not that there's anything wrong with hessian, if that's what you're in to.

Christen x
    “Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing
    and rightdoing there is a field.
    I'll meet you there.” - Rumi.

ummm, by the time i get my gaff, lifts, pads, girdle and corset on i don't
    feel much of anything...so i would have to say for looks!
    paula

Both! Women's clothes feel amazing...nothing designed for men comes close. Silks, chiffons, lycra, even cottons somehow feel softer... poly blends too. Then there's the look...I love how my legs look in heels and hose under a skirt. Then you combine the two...like putting makeup on...and it's amazing .

If I dressed to just feel comfortable, I'd look like all the other people (male / female) at wallyworld. I drove by another one today and swear that a male/female couple had matching sweat pants and tshirt....with flip flops. I thought to myself, is that what you want to wear of what you found on top of the dirty clothes pile???

I definitely dress for the look. A corset, pads and forms don't make for a very comfortable wear, but I think it looks okay.. I was walking through the mall today. and only had three long looks from GGs... then a smile. Yea, they know. Still, with 4" heels skirt and a nice top I may have stood out a bit, but it looked good...

Renne.....

I hear you Paula,

If you're going to spend so much attention to detail you might as well make it worth your while. I just hope your bra straps don't dig into you too much.

I've got all my pads and paraphernalia on in anticipation of tonight's NYG vs Bills game. Of course what I have on has nothing to do with football.

Have a nice evening.

Ilsa

For me it's both

Quote Originally Posted by Ilsa View Post
    I hear you Paula,

I just hope your bra straps don't dig into you too much.

I've got all my pads and paraphernalia on in anticipation of tonight's NYG vs Bills game.

ouch, 2 days after wearing a bra i still have marks!

if the football players wore as much padding as i do they would never get hurt!!

GO JETS
    paula

For me its both, especially when I'm enfemme.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

I enjoy both

I enjoy all three:
    -The fabrics feel much better than male equivalents
    -I want to look as feminine as possible
    -When dressed I feel 'right'

Laura J summed it up for me too. For me, perhaps feel is just more important than look.

For me I would have to say both.
    It depends on the mood I'm in.
    HUGS

I underdress only and the only person who sees me is my wife. I like wearing pretty underwear but for the feeling just as much as for the looks.

Quote Originally Posted by RenneB View Post
    If I dressed to just feel comfortable, I'd look like all the other people (male / female) at wallyworld. I drove by another one today and swear that a male/female couple had matching sweat pants and tshirt....with flip flops. I thought to myself, is that what you want to wear of what you found on top of the dirty clothes pile???

I definitely dress for the look. A corset, pads and forms don't make for a very comfortable wear, but I think it looks okay.. I was walking through the mall today. and only had three long looks from GGs... then a smile. Yea, they know. Still, with 4" heels skirt and a nice top I may have stood out a bit, but it looked good...

Renne.....
    Me too!
    Need a lot of stuff to look like a woman
    Not comfortable but the look is the most important I think.

I like the way it looks, and the way it makes me feel inside. I guess a little from column A and a little from column B, but perhaps not in the way you think.

~Mel
    ~Linebacker Melissa

Makeup addict!
    I like to dress for the looks. Dresses, pantyhose, and heels may not be the most comfortable thing in the world, but it looks great when I become a girl