Thread: just have to share

just have to share

I finally bought some clothes of my own, a bra and pantie set, a corset, a black dress and some leggings and a cardigan and a blonde wig.
    I am away for a few days so good time to try them out, never really considered venturing out but tonight after I was dressed and put some makeup on, I went for a late night walk on the beach. My heart was pounding. So exciting though.
    I know it isnt much to some but for me it was huge.

Small town in western Kansas middle of nowhere
    It sounds like you had a really nice time enjoying your new things. It is so much different having on things you picked out for yourself , special for you. Every step you take for yourself is a step for all of us.
    "It takes all kinds of kinds" Miranda Lambert
    Now some point a finger and let ignorance linger
    If they'd look in the mirror they'd find.
    That ever since the beginning to keep the world spinning
    It takes all kinds of kinds.

Congratulations! Sounds like you've taken a giant step forward.

Gone to live my life
    Hi Brooke and CONGRATS. It is always great when we reach certain goals in our journey . . . buying clothes for the first time and feeling the wind on our face. Getting out can be fun and I understand your need to do so at night but please do be careful when out and about at night you can be a target (lone girl walking down a dark beach).

Hugs

Isha

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke H View Post
    I know it isnt much to some but for me it was huge.
    I love threads like this and am grateful sites like this exist so we can share our stories. Sure, some may get out regularly, but we all started with that same mix of fear and joy that baby steps bring. Congratulations!!

As Isha said, be very careful with your adventures. It's ironic that the very steps we take to lessen our fears actually put us in the most dangerous positions. While the cover of darkness might bring us peace of mind, there's a reason women don't venture out alone late at night.

Play safe and welcome to the wide world outside the closet!

I remember the first time I purchased my own outfit back in 1995. I got them from Macy's, May company back then. The SA's were vary helpful. I could not wait to get home and get dressed up.

Do not minimize this - the first time out is a very big deal. If that is where you want to go.

MIDI warrior princess Amy Fakley's Avatar
    Very few things are as satisfying as picking out your own clothes then wearing them out somewhere :-)
    congratulations! but as others have said ... be careful where / when you venture out!
    "Why shouldn't art be pretty? There are enough unpleasant things in the world." -Pierre-Auguste Renoir

Silver Member
    You have made another positive giant step Brooke, in the adventure of your feminine side! Always be confident and comfortable in where you are and what you choose to wear! Enjoy.

congrats brooke

buying your own clothes and wearing them outside is a great and imho necessary step. have fun and be careful

Platinum Member
    Hi Brooke, That first step out the door is the hardest.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Brooke, I think it would be huge for everyone (apart from those with zero imagination...)

Well done for you - but I don't know how you could just do it on the spur of the moment... I'd have to have it planned months ahead and know just what I was doing when, right down to the last detail... I suppose I just have too much imagination...

Take care!

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

I still remember the first time I stepped in to the outside world, it IS A HUGE DEAL! and totally unforgettable I'm sure.

Christen x
    “Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing
    and rightdoing there is a field.
    I'll meet you there.” - Rumi.

Thanks everyone for the replies, I briefly stepped out today in the late afternoon, had to use the public bathroom. Obviously all dressed up I had to use the female one.

Banned Read only
    Brooke if you don't venture out very often it's strange how things feel so different, the clothes feel better and the smell of makeup is stronger !
    It's probably because you're nervous and your senses are more active, but it's a great feeling !!

Hell-o Brooke, Those late night walks are exactly where I started! I'm sure many others here also.
    The beach sounds like a very memorable night, I'm sure you'll never forget it!
    Congrats, have fun, just be cautious when out.
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    Sounds like fun!
    I need to get a corset.
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

I remember my first walk around the block, late at night, in a dress and heels, it was exciting, exhilarating, and the headiest feeling I had ever had. But then I remembered, women don't walk down dark streets alone, it's not save. And just being there, late, in a dress would make you stand out more. I started going for drives instead.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Brooke,
    Earlier night time beach walks are in order.
    Not late at night by yourself.
    I don't even do that in drab around some areas.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I alone for the weekend and I intend to remain fully dressed for as much of it as possible. Already planning to go out to tonight. But I think it will be short walk to the mailbox to post a letter. I live in a very quiet safe area so no worries. I'm half considering a drive but I'll see.

One thing though. This is the first time in absolute ages that I'm fully dressed with make up and jewellery. I realise now how much I miss this. Just the act of putting on lipstick seems to change my whole mindset.

My first real time out was many years ago and it was in the deep end. I went to a support group and soon I found myself with another girl walking down the city street heading for a bar. It was an incredible moment. Made better when someone wolf whistled us. I really should have done more of that when I was young and pretty.

Way to go girl!