Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Facebook/Twitter/Instagram/Pintrest

Facebook/Twitter/Instagram/Pintrest

Just wondering if folks that are not out as CD/TG/TS/TV have seperate profiles on the social media sites, or do you still join groups or follow folks hoping people don't ask you why you are a member of a local CD/TG/TS/TV group or why you might be following a famous CD/TG/TS/TV?

I have absolutely NO social accounts. Too much tracking, criss crossing of information, and "suggesting" on their part to ever not get outed in time. I understand that pretty much every site online tracks and stores information but they take it to a whole new level. I do however have a femme email account but that's as far as I will go at this point in time.

I am hoping that at some point in time I am comfortable enough with myself to take part in a local, semi local, group and experience some outings and such but, again, I am not there yet either. While my SO is amazing and will go out with me pretty much whenever I get "the itch" (as she likes to call it lol) it's not quite the same.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

I agree with Joanne. I have a facebook account in my male name which I almost never use, and a twitter account that I absolutely never use. I do have separate male and female Email accounts, several of each. Anyone who wants to "out" me is going to have to go to the local mall, rather than look me up on line.

Aussie girl enjoying life Michelle (Oz)'s Avatar
    I've become more relaxed about social media as a consequence of my wife knowing I dress (but DADT) and having formed friendships by being out so much that it makes for an active forum. So I have separate Facebook and Twitter accounts as well as developing a swish website. Supporting Joanne though, it is interesting the suggestions that come up on my femme Facebook from my male domain.

Only a separate mail account and pinterest account for Helena.
    Facebook, Twitter, G+, ... under my male name.

I also have no social accounts. I don't need nor want them.

Jodi

Well, my main aspect is that the only ones left that don't already know about Kacey are some coworkers.
    Everyone else knows pretty much all.
    Then the second aspect for me personally is what I've learned on my sexuality and being a bit high on LGBT advocacy and sexuality openness.

Soo.. I have my male FB account.
    Then I have other Kacey accounts both on twitter and FB (see sig) linked so twitter posts end up on FB and many FB posts on twitter.
    Gotta say, while my male account does get political, and with LGBT advocacy...
    My Kacey FB/tweets I push open sexuality issues more and can be a bit kinkier at times as well
    (Oh, and with some reposts of great looking shoes/heels/boots at times when I see them in my feeds too )
    Most RL friends are friended on both FB accounts.

I also have Kacey on a few other social sites not as mainstream (think more like fetish or social like dating).

All in all, I'm in a mode of not caring if people get upset over me in a dress, or my discussions on sexuality.
    And since I'm a bit financially limited to get out and do as much as I'd like, I do it thru the net.

(Oh, forgot about my Tumblr, Instagram, google plus, and youtube.. But none of these are used yet really.)
    Last edited by KaceyR; 08-03-2014 at 04:40 PM.
    Kacey Rhiannon - (FB Page) (Twitter)
    Bliss is your birthright! Feel Sexy Every Day!

Platinum Member
    Hi Brandyred, Those four things scare the livin $#!+ out of me.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Gold Member
    Just looked and Sue's Facebook is almost four years old. Not a leak the entire time. Since I am soon going to bag the second account and invite everyone over to the other, I am starting to let the security go. About a dozen of my family is now friends with Sue so they can see my transition posts and a couple of close friends of Sue's are now friended with Steve so they can see that side of things. I did make my friends list invisible to everyone because of the cross-connect. One account will make it simpler from the aspect of not having to keep up with two, but I never really had a problem keeping two up and secure.

I used to keep separate accounts where necessary, but now am only continuing the Ann accounts. I've been on hormones since last December.

Ann

I've had two accounts on Facebook for a couple years now. No cross over what-so-ever. I don't care if there is, but there hasn't been any.
    I know enough to know I don't know enough.

Peace

I do not have any FB/Twit/Idiotgram/ or P-not-interested-in-what-a-whole-load-of-strangers-think accounts...

I have a separate Google+ account which I keep very private, almost exclusively for Kateymail and closed only to friends and I don't join groups, follow people or care a tuppenny duck what a hashtag is.. (I'm sure I've had one for breakfast once...)

You young folks are so happy to share everything with everybody - in fact, a lot of the time it seems to be about bragging rights of 'who shares the most with the most people'... It's a virtual, meaningless and quite sad competition, imho - with a great potential for bad doings and nasty things to go wrong with ones' personal data... And I don't need my browser telling me what I need to buy either... I like to use the capacity for choice and free thought... I am not a number! I AM A FREE WOMAN....

Did that answer the question? I think so... And as the question started with "Just wondering if folks that are not out as CD/TG/TS/TV...", unlike half the posters here, I actually qualify to answer...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

I have a separate facebook and twitter and ONLY Sarah has a Pinterest. I like having them since I online game so much and such (always as girl self), if someone asks for Sarah's facebook, I don't have to go through the whole rigamarole of explanations. Plus I can follow clothing stores and such and actually like dresses and enter contests and that fun stuff. There are enough differences between my girl and boy accounts that I'm not super worried about anyone finding out anything I'm uncomfortable with, and I don't post face pics pretty much anywhere, so unless you REALLY know what my arms look like, I'm probably in the clear.

Necessary? Nah, but I enjoy it.
    Last edited by sarahspinkdress; 08-03-2014 at 05:38 PM.
    Facebook me if you like, just mention you're from here. : https://www.facebook.com/sarah.dawson.773124
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Trans don't need separate FB pages. But, us CD's do.

When I finally figured out I was the latter, I opened a FB page for Sherry about 4 years ago. Now, she has over 1000 Friends. Even after deleting a number I thot may have reported Sherry's nude or provocative photos to FB!

My FB Friends probably consist of the following percentages:

75% simple enjoy her photos
    20% r interested in how and/or why I do what I do. (Probably 50% maskers/fetish/role players and 50% dressers.)
    5% r actual friends
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    I have NO social accounts and don't intend on having one. Nor do I ever carry a cell phone unless I am getting picked up/retrieving someone at the airport. It works well for me.

People in my circle "that matter" have my home phone # and email address and that's plenty enough contact for me.

When you are FtF with someone or on the phone there is a lot less "wiggle room" for people to make mistakes interpreting what the other person wished to convey. And let's face it, most people are not very good readers and/or simply do not like to read.

Also FtF or on the phone are THE best two ways to have success on ANY Dating site of any kind.

Brad Paisley has an excellent take on the matter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UE6iAjEv9dQ

Banned Read only
    I have zero social accounts. Email is sufficient to keep up with old friends who do not live locally. I also do not have a cellular telephone. If you know me and cannot take the time to call me, then I do not really need to keep in contact with you. I'm usually the last person in the family to have knowledge about anything which is fine with me. Also, this is the only forum of any kind that I participate in.

My female account on FB is not the one I use here. I have mutual friends on both accounts. They know who I am and that's all that counts.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    well...if any of you gals feel like being social...you can find me here.....
    https://www.facebook.com/adriana.moretti.334
    no shame in my game........

I only have a facebook acount for keeping up on family stuff and its in my male name. It drives me nuts sometimes the way some people are just waiting to read a post from me. My mother will like a post most of the time in about 15 minutes from the time I post it. I post maybe 3 or 4 times a month. Im still in the closet so if any kind of cd stuff came up on my fb page the my mom would know right away.

I do have 2 email acounts. One for male and one for Stella. Only about 4 or 5 people have Stella's email.

I dont have any other acounts for either male or Stella.

Both of my internet accounts were started long before I Became Bobbi. My Facebook account is in my male name and I have really never learned how to use it. (Don't really care, either). I am not a "grouper", I much prefer one on one, (the telephone), which I tell everyone of my transition and progress.

Bobbi

Reality Check
    This comes up from time to time. If you join any of these "social media" groups as a female or crossdresser there's a good chance that this will come back to haunt you. Don't do it if you are not out to everyone.

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    I just have one FB account.
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

My guy account on FB is to reassure my friends and get my points across. My girl account on FB is strictly for fun with my TG friends.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I am out.. I have a few accounts to keep in touch with lifelong friends and i'm done hiding.

Tina
    I don't believe in pessimism. If something doesn't come up the way you want, forge ahead. If you think it's going to rain, it will.

None at all - quite happy without them!