Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Driving Question

A Driving Question

For me when i'm dressed "normal" (a guy) I notice my driving is more aggressive I speed more, tend to cut people off more, and I drive more or less one handed. While i'm dressed it seems my driving style does a complete 360 degree turn I drive the speed limit, I don't cut people off, and I drive with both hands at the 10 and 2 positions.

So do you notice a difference in your driving style?

Yes, it's known as "not doing anything that would attract any undue attention from the local constabulary" while en femme and hence, result in my being pulled over for some perceived traffic infraction. Could make for a very awkward moment...

I've never been out of the house en femme. I do underdress and when I do I do notice a difference in my attitude. I tend to be more relaxed.

Ny driving days are over. WhenI'm in a car these days I'm with a male or another CD. So far no pullovers..THeaven !
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Quote Originally Posted by Leslie Langford View Post
    Yes, it's known as "not doing anything that would attract any undue attention from the local constabulary" while en femme and hence, result in my being pulled over for some perceived traffic infraction. Could make for a very awkward moment...
    I understand what you are saying but it's not necessarily what I meant. I've never worried about getting pulled over while en femme.

Jon and Joni definitely have different driving habits.
    Joni

I would like to add with the addition of airbags 10 and 2 are no longer recommended, but 8 and 4 instead.

Genny B
    Dani (Genny before Transition)
    All Girl!

Not really Hon. I curse at the other idiots on the road equally in both modes.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I have only driven once en femme.....certainly a scary proposition but I had my most problem with my heels.....they only lasted a block:-)
    Ash

I try to drive carefully, slowly and by-the-book in all modes of dress. I've never felt comfortable exceeding the speed limit.

- Diane

Platinum Member
    No, but if it affects you in that way, the rest of us would encourage you to drive en femme!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Nope. There is me in guys clothes and me in girl clothes. Aggression level never varies.

The best of both Worlds! Paula_Femme's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MissTee View Post
    Nope. There is me in guys clothes and me in girl clothes. Aggression level never varies.
    I agree with you both, although I do lighten up on my lead foot for the same reason that Leslie stated; "I" have had WAY too many speeding tickets over the years, but "Paula," not a one!!!

The closest I've come to being busted en femme was last year; I was driving back from a club on the freeway in the early hours when all of a sudden then was a "flash" from directly behind me and a voice boomed out, "Black Honda... turn on your lights!" You can bet those lights went on in a heartbeat!!!
    Last edited by Paula_Femme; 08-04-2014 at 01:09 AM.
    Black is ALWAYS the, "New Black!"
    "I really hate it when people accuse me of wearing Womens clothes... these aren't Womens clothes... I f*****g bought them!!!" Eddie Izzard.

I've noticed that other drivers will act somewhat differently when they perceive me as a woman than they do as a man. I'm not going to play any sort of dominance game with them so I tend to drive more conservatively. Let them go get the ticket!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

when driving en femme i drive slowly and with both hands on the steering wheel. i think that's the appropriate driving style for women and that's exactly how i like it.

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    I definitely drive more careful in girl-mode because I do not want to get in an accident or pulled over.
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

Hell-o Rarity,
    I feel my driving is pretty much the same, I may be a bit more cautious while en-femme.
    While I'm more afraid of being pulled over while en-femme, I don't EVER want to get pulled over.
    Hell, that could make me late for the party!
    Plan ahead, drive carefully, and arrive early. You'll have time to fix your makeup!
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

Banned Read only
    Rarity I have driven out at night a few times and find I'm far more cautious, I stick to the speed limits and take extra care at junctions, the last thing you want is a minor shunt but serious enough to have to stick around to wait for the police ! Driving in my boots with 4" heels would not go down well in a report !

My driving style it pretty much the same as it has always been. I have never, except as a teenager, and that was long ago and far,far away, intentionally sped, except to pass a vehicle interfering with the flow of traffic. And though some may irritate me enough to want to wave at them with a single digit, I try to refrain, as Blood red is not my color, and they may be having a bad day. I have lived to 71 years of age this way and now that I have come out to the world as transgender I am a little more cautious and courteous when on foot.

Bobbi

Gone to live my life
    Hi Rarity,

Can't say I do as I have always been a defensive driver (beat into me by the military). I think a lot of folks here who go out dressed and drive to venues tend to be more cautious in their driving to ensure they don't wind up having a face to face with the local police. My recommendation to all . . . even when "en boy" treat your driving like you are "en femme" and the roads will be a lot safer (IMHO).

Hugs

Isha

My driving habits are distinctly different depending on whether I'm in guy or girl mode.

Why? I'm with all those others who don't want to get stopped and explain things to a cop.

I'm not a very aggressive driver while en drab, but I'm VERY conservative while en femme. I'm a hands on the wheel at the 10 and 2 positions, speed limit abiding, polite and very defensive driving woman.

I have noticed that I too have very different driving style from male to femme mode.
    I tend to fracture the speed limit a little in male mode...but barely get to the speed limit in femme mode.
    I drive very relaxed with one hand most of the time in male mode..but in femme mode I am very attentive to the road and surroundings and always drive with two hands on the wheel and my back very rarely touches the seat back.
    HUGS

Have to agree with Leslie on this one, it would be very awkward in my little West Texas town. I notice that GGs driving around town don't have the same inhibitions as I was almost t-boned the other day by one running a red light and flipping me the bird as I slammed on the brakes and blew the horn to get the dumb ---------------'s attention. Was probably on her cell phone so that was more important...

I'm not blaming GGs on all wrecks in this town though (and so many wrecks recently too), in case someone is thinking that. Most of them are caused by guys in their pickup trucks not paying attention to traffic or the road. I'm just saying that maybe it's only "us" that drive safer when dressed, for stated reasons.

~Mel
    ~Linebacker Melissa

Banned Read only
    I would think most of us modify our driving habits or at least become more conscious of the rules of the road while en femme. I've been out en femme and do not want to be stopped for a traffic violation or be involved in an accident. I would not want to be wheeled into an emergency room en femme. I think most police officers would interact in a professional manner. However, even if one is given a reminder or warning, the officer has the ability of entering information onto your driving record.

I also do a thorough check of my car. I check the headlights, brake lights, turn signals.