Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "This look totally works for you"

Red face "This look totally works for you"

My SO is traveling this month, so I am taking this opportunity to go out as much as I can. A few days ago, I passed Costco and happened to remember that I needed to buy some soil milk and other stuff I needed. Normally I don't dress and go to Costco, because that is one of the "ID" places.

For those who are not in US, Costco is a membership warehouse store. That means to checkout and buy stuff here, you will need to show your membership card. Your photo is on the membership card, and they match that to you. The photo on my card is of terrible quality, but it is definitely recognizable as a male. For that reason, I have almost never been to Costco dressed. But, this time I was thinking: this Costco is a good 15 miles from my house. No, I am not concerned so much on running into someone I know (I don't know many anyway), but the gas is expensive these days and I don't want to come back for another trip (economy leverage starts working). So I said to myself, "Let's do it".

Into Costco I went, and everything went pretty smoothly. Then it is time to checkout. Out of the array of cashiers, I chose an older lady (probably in her 50s). For some reason, I always felt that ladies are more pleasant to work with even when something went wrong. Anyway, she greeted me, looked at my membership card, and then looked back at me saying "I would need to see an ID". Sure, I have my driver's license ready. She checked to make sure everything matches, then returned them back to me with a smile and said the words that made my day - "This look totally works for you!"

"Yeah, I like this look a lot better too!" I replied with a grin.
    Last edited by LeslieSD; 08-04-2014 at 05:31 PM.

California Cool!
    DonnaT

Little Mrs. Snarky! Nadine Spirit's Avatar
    Leslie-

Good job and nice complement. Just FYI Costco will issue you an ID with your fem picture. I have two cards, one male, and one female. I told them what I wanted and they were happy to do it.

If your avatar is any indication, I totally agree! Cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Nadine Spirit View Post
    Just FYI Costco will issue you an ID with your fem picture. I have two cards, one male, and one female. I told them what I wanted and they were happy to do it.
    Really? That sounds cool. I have the Amex card which doubles as the membership card. Can they do that too? I guess I will go in to find out one day. Even though Costco is not my favorite shopping destination when dressed, it is good to get stuff done while I am out there.

Aspiring Member Dana does shopping's Avatar
    Great look is right Leslie, but, those Nazis at Costco ... You don't save much & You gotta show Your ID?! Geesh ... I HATE getting jerked around by retailers ...

Dana, Costco is actually a great store. They only ask for id b/c they are a membership store, but in all other respects they are fabulous. Great products, good prices and an extremely progressive store. The CEI takes a relatively modest pay check and employees are treated very well with an extremely open minded and liberal hiring policy. Costco is a poster child for how good citizen businesses shoyld be run, at least inmy opinion. I never mind spending my dollars there, and I spend way too many...lol
    Every fear that held me back, when faced, has proven to be hollow.
    Courage is not the lack of fear, but the willingness to ignore it.
    It's your life. Make it count.

Small town in western Kansas middle of nowhere
    I've never been in a Costco but Sam's Club is a memebership thing to with photo ID cards but they never pay much attention to the cards, our son has used my wifes card as well as mine to go there and pick up items. So I have to wonder how much the clerk's at any of those places really care.
    "It takes all kinds of kinds" Miranda Lambert
    Now some point a finger and let ignorance linger
    If they'd look in the mirror they'd find.
    That ever since the beginning to keep the world spinning
    It takes all kinds of kinds.

Leslie, Wow what a cutie. Hugs Roberta
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I was in Costco in Danbury on Sunday. Second time I've gone there. I showed my membership card both times and not a word was said!

Same way Sara..I've used SAMs club membership many times dressed. No issues.
    Then again, they don't pay much attention. Their printer did such a bad job with the photo even my male side doesn't match. (Almost looks like a 4-bit photo printed on a 1980's dot matrix printer... )
    Kacey Rhiannon - (FB Page) (Twitter)
    Bliss is your birthright! Feel Sexy Every Day!

It's great if you can pass as you obviously can
    me? I never make it past my own door. Have to
    shop online or my oid male selfie

Your look is totally passable, so i agree that it works for you!

Outstanding Leslie! Way to rock the look! I would like to go to my Costco, but they really do check I'd. I have seen them turn people away. However, good to know that they will do a second membership card with new picture! Great story

Hugs,

Erin

How wonderful; congrats on the positive experience!!!

Awesome Leslie.
    Angie

Platinum Member
    Hi Leslie, I can sure see why she wanted to see some more ID, No guy should look that lovely.
    Here in Baltimore gasoline is about $0.10 cheaper @ COSTCO than the street price.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

When I go to Costco, which is not very often, I borrow the corporate card, and pay with cash. Not that ID would be a problem as I'm not even thinking of "passing"

Costco and Sams are both membership stores, but they do not have similar reputations. I would not expect the staff at Sams to be as focused on their jobs, whereas all the Costco people I have dealt with are pretty much always on the ball. That's what happens when you pay a good wage and treat the staff right, they work to stay there!
    "Normal is what you get when you average out the weirdness that everybody has." Quote from my SO

Normal is a setting on a washing machine, or another word for average.

The fact that I wear a skirt as a male should not be taken as a comment on what you do, or do not wear, or how you wear it.

Leslie,
    "I like this look a lot better, too." Perfect summary of how I feel when en femme. Congratulations on stepping out of your comfort zone and having a new experience. Great look in your avatar. Love the thought process you when through. Can totally relate to finding excuses not to do something, and then discovering better reasons to move ahead. Great choice of who to trust at checkout. Enjoy your extra en femme time while your SO is away.

Hugs,
    Lauren

Platinum Member
    I can see why. I have no idea what your ID pics look like but your avi pic is lovely.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Yay for a positive experience! I'm on the verge of spending some time out in public too, I just need to get comfortable with the idea of seeing neighbors and such dressed as a woman.

Thanks for the kind words, people. I am really moved.

The avatar picture are taken with well controlled situation, fresh makeup, best lighting, etc. I wish I could look like that all the time. Indeed, I have been working on my makeups lately, to see what can be reduced. They say in makeup "less is more". I am working on reducing my makeup routines to see where I can reach that "not trying" look every woman has mastered.

I don't know about your location, but here in Denver Costco also accepts their company issued American Express card, with a Costco logo on the back, as membership id. It doesn't have a photo.
    Georgia (Gigi) Maine

Gone to live my life
    Hi Leslie,

Cute story. I go to COSTCO quite often dressed. Only had one glitch with a young male who wanted another piece of ID when I entered.

Hugs

Isha

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by samantha rogers View Post
    Dana, Costco is actually a great store. They only ask for id b/c they are a membership store, but in all other respects they are fabulous. Great products, good prices and an extremely progressive store. The CEI takes a relatively modest pay check and employees are treated very well with an extremely open minded and liberal hiring policy. Costco is a poster child for how good citizen businesses shoyld be run, at least inmy opinion. I never mind spending my dollars there, and I spend way too many...lol
    I started going to CostCo when I lived in Taiwan. In my estimation, the quality of their meats and sea food was consistently better than other places. I would continue here at home, but there isn't one that is remotely close.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERDRESSER View Post
    When I go to Costco, which is not very often, I borrow the corporate card, and pay with cash. Not that ID would be a problem as I'm not even thinking of "passing"

Costco and Sams are both membership stores, but they do not have similar reputations. I would not expect the staff at Sams to be as focused on their jobs, whereas all the Costco people I have dealt with are pretty much always on the ball. That's what happens when you pay a good wage and treat the staff right, they work to stay there!
    Agreed. The operating philosophies are very different. CostCo is the leader conceptually and probably still financially. Let's hope that AMEX doesn't screw them up.