Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So yer open minded are ya?

Banned Read only

So yer open minded are ya?

Would it irritate you if you were to see a "decently" dressed man out in the RW carrying a large pink purse? Except for the purse, he is presenting 100% male.

Is he going to give CDers a bad name?

Would you be more likely to just give him a wide berth? Or maybe walk up and ask him where he got the purse and/or tell him it does not match what he's wearing?

Or something else?

Aspiring Member
    Honestly, I'd be intrigued and might even cheekily tell him he had bold taste. I think men who can still present as men with some 'femme' tweaks here and there just seem that little bit more confident than the rest. Why should all the color and accessories be reserved for women??

I also wish this is all crossdressing was about, as the name implies - a clothing choice. How much simpler would this be to understand? But it's all the other stuff that comes along (wigs, forms, fantasies etc) that make this so confusing.

Either there's two distinct reasons for doing this, or our current culture has driven crossdressing into this 'all or nothing' state and maybe in the future a man can carry a pink purse without ridicule.

I hope so.
    Last edited by Tinkerbell-GG; 08-05-2014 at 04:11 PM.

Wild, You appear to have way too much time on your hands. Why would seeing something like that bother me? I have much more important things to think about as to whether some one is carrying a big pink purse or not.

Jodi

Nope, I would probably just tell him "nice purse' and smile.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

My luck if I asked him about his fashion choice would be that he is holding it for his wife who is trying on some clothes! You need something more realistic and conversation starting for this question Wild. Most people probably wouldn't even notice it.

Gone to live my life
    I probably would not say anything and just let him go about his business. If it doesn't affect me personally I would not be concerned enough to want to find out why he is carrying a pink purse.

Hugs

Isha

I'd just smile, say good day and let him be...who knows and who cares as long as he looks happy

I think being a crossdresser has taught me to be open minded. That and life itself. I try to become the best version of myself. I can't expect others to accept me if I can't accept those who may or may not adhere to "social norms."

Interacting with someone out in the open, as I am very guarded and closeted, is not likely, although I wish I could.

I would just say hi...and tell him that he has a nice taste for purses and not so nice for clothes...hehehee

I probably would check out the purse to see if i liked it but that would be it.

Tina
    I don't believe in pessimism. If something doesn't come up the way you want, forge ahead. If you think it's going to rain, it will.

I'd give him the old Texas, howdy, and mind my own business.

We shouldn't jump to any conclusions. His wife may have just said "hold this, I'll be right back". It's happened to me.

I do it all the time in male mode, my GF does not like to carry hers while shopping and she usually hands it off to me. I usually shoulder it like it is mine and don't give it a second thought. I get a few looks, but over all I don't get half the looks as the men holding the wives purses out away from them like they have rattle snakes in them. Own it and they don't even blink. I have a good sense of humor and give off that vibe, so occasionally a lady will tell me nice purse. I usually tell them yes it is but I feel out of place since my shoes don't match it.

Platinum Member
    Hi WAH, Did he have pink shoes on??
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I always carry carry a purse in drab or otherwise. Black, Brown, Tan, or White. Sorry I have not seen a cute pink purse yet. I might get a blue or red purse next.

Once a month someone may comment on it. Occasionally it is a wisecrack which I shrug off. I started because I am diabetic and carrying a bag with test stuff wasn't cool. Then I got a femme wallet and went the whole way.

Hugs Edy
    Last edited by DAVIDA; 08-06-2014 at 05:14 AM. Reason: The discussion of weapons is against forum rules. You might want to read them.

I would likely not care one way or the other. To each is own. I present female 100% of the time and I don't care what others think.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Honestly, I'd be interested in the purse more than why a guy was carrying it.

Wouldn't bother me in the least. Just a form of expression that others might not get, but I do .

I feel that I'm the most open minded person on earth.

Generally, when i see a man holding a pink purse, his SO isn't very far away and she is usually trying something on

Little Mrs. Snarky! Nadine Spirit's Avatar
    I'd think it was cool.

I already carry my Coach wallet everywhere and have been contemplating, why not carry my Coach purse?

Hi, ,

Whats open minded got to do with any thing .

Had you been born in 1947 or close to you would have been wearing pink and dressed by your Mom or Dad so whats gone wrong since those times , and why should it be thought of as odd ,

And whats wrong with men or women in pink , all Ill say is mind control by a few to dictate ...THIER ...idear,s of what they wont or is it a fashion money making racket again mind control to control the mass,s .my colour is pink of cause and any shade is neat,

...noeleena...

Banned Read only
    There ARE people in this world who are simply appalled that a man would even have the audacity to have/carry a fanny pack. For any reason.

Of course some of the silly women on Dating sites can find all manner of "fault" with men...

T-shirt says: "Hi, I Crossdress!"

Banned Read only
    A guy carrying a pink purse would more than likely be expecting a response ! The assumption would be he's a CDer but he could be gay ! Lets face it many of the new work cases now are more effeminate because more women use them ! I had to look twice at one my son was using ! It did cross my mind that he wasn't telling me something !

As Nicole points out the guy could have been taking care of it for his wife, we've all done that one, I think my wife does it intentionally now to see if I'll chicken out or not ! There are ways to carry a handbag without looking effeminate I think she's waiting to see how I decide do it !