Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So yer open minded are ya?

I was at the national art gallery not that long ago, there was a tall bearded gentleman wearing a linen suit, panama hat, and pale green women's heels. I was irritated. His trousers weren't the right length for the heels and his shoes clashed with the suit. If only he'd worn a scarf to match the shoes everything would have been OK. I did want to mention it to him but it seemed rude to interrupt his day.
    Oh, and he wasn't giving CDer's a bad name, not everyone is as fantastic as us at putting an outfit together

Christen x
    “Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing
    and rightdoing there is a field.
    I'll meet you there.” - Rumi.

You're obviously baiting with the "giving CDs a bad name" thing, but whatever. In general, I might question someone's fashion choices, but I wouldn't think less of that person. I'm pretty sure other people question my own fashion choices as well. Wouldn't the world be a boring place if we all stick to what's deemed safe and acceptable?

As for the guy with the big pink bag (or anything else that's off the beaten path), if anything I would applaud him for doing his own thing. Just because something is "not for me" doesn't mean I have to hate it or be judgemental about it.

I doubt if I'd pay much attention. The town I live in is fairly liberal and it's a common sight to see what are obviously gay men wearing colourful clothes not to mention people dressed 'differently'. One dresses like a man from a hundred years ago, another with a tricorn hat and cloak! I've also seen what can only be described as a ladyboy, Filipino probably but may be a CD.

There is a drag element associated with the Gay community and there's a gay pride march every year. But I haven't really seen any CDs that I'm aware of. But then again I don't venture out to town very much in the evenings. But it wouldn't surprise me.

A man with a pink handbag? That's nothing.

Reality Check
    I have held and even carried my wife's purse before. I wouldn't say or do anything out of the ordinary.

The door to my "brane" is always open.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

As mentioned previously, I care a purse daily. And, I have some fabulous pink bags that I carry when I wear my pink Ralph Lauren boat shoes.

My wife no longer gives me her purse. Apparently I had too much fun with it. Was too comfortable or something. I owned it. She has come full circle on this subject now and has purchased one just for me but she keeps her own close at hand.

Marcy

He certainly isn't giving anyone a bad name and it's certainly not irritating to me. Why would it be? I wouldn't say anything. I wouldn't want anyone to say something (negative) to me if I were doing the same thing. Anyone should be able to wear whatever they want or carry whatever they want at any time. PERIOD. Remember the Golden Rule?

Decently dressed man in the real world toting a big pink purse, give (us) a bad name?
    Nah, next thing comes to mind is weird. Has nothing to do with cd. My 2 cents