Thread: The nightmare/dream became reality

The nightmare/dream became reality

So there is was on sunday night. Slipping into my mint green short nighty with white lace trim. Matching panty. And mint green nails. So cute. Any who. I slip under the covers and fall to sleep.

2:30am I hear my 17yo son yelling something about fire and smoke. And awake to big flames and thick black evil swirling about me. I jump up get the people and dogs out. And there I am. Wearing an entirely too revealing outfit as the firemen arrive. Luckily my work truck keys were in my purse and I had a spare uniform in it. So I slipped into it before the news arrived. But many firemen got a good look at my goodies before hand.

All my clothes are now gone. Though I might be able to salvage my new knee high boots. Not sure. Sigh...

At least my house is getting a makeover. Maybe me next? A girl can dream
    Even if you ARE the sharpest tool in the shed, your still a tool.

Wow, So sorry to hear. that is scary stuff though!, hope everyone is okay and you are able to get some stuff back! if not, a good excuse to go shopping . Make good of a bad situation haha. anyways hope all is ok!

That really is a nightmare. It sounds like everyone's OK? Getting out alive is the important thing. You can always buy new stuff.

Having been through a house fire once so far in my life, I can relate. Lost pretty much everything, and even any items not any where close to the fire, pretty much ruined. The smoke and water damage took everything the fire didn't. Sorry for your loss, but at least everyone made it out.

Jamie,
    As long as you are okay, new clothes can be bought.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

What caused the fire? Next time, prevent it.
    T-shirt says: "Hi, I Crossdress!"

The fire shouldn't have gone that far before your son came to rouse you. Were all the smoke detectors working? They are the law where I live. Not having functional detectors is punishable by fines and/or jail time.

Now that the sermon is over , I'm glad you got everyone out safely, even if only with the clothes on your back.

Lela, that depends on the fire marshal's (or local equivalent) investigation. Electrical problems, for one, are usually difficult to solve without gutting a building for replacement of the wiring.
    Last edited by giuseppina; 08-07-2014 at 07:01 PM. Reason: added thought

Platinum Member
    You and your loved ones survived. Everything else is dispensable and replaceable. Now you have another excuse to shop!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Silver Member
    Glad to hear that you are OK. Been there! As would happen it was the night the fire department was having training. Sooo instead of a single truck we had the entire department (small town USA). It wasn't bad and the chief told everyone to get out and quit tracking in. It did relieve me from worrying about be outed. Between neighbors, VFD members, and the curious many saw me with a very fem figure. The good part the fire guys have seen a lot and I don't worry much any more.

Wow....thats a scary story....glad your ok!

Wow that sure makes you think! I hope you are able to recover with insurance etc. At least you are all safe. Stuff can be replaced.

Hugs Edy

Insurance is taking care of us pretty good. And we will be back to normal in a few months. In the meantime i just need to keep my head up and remember it could have been worse.

Glad to hear that you're OK Jamie - like others have said, while it may be painful losing things of sentimental value, most possessions can be replaced, but you and your family and the dogs are OK which is THE most important thing..

I hope everything gets sorted quickly for you..

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Wow that really is a nightmare scenario...glad you're all OK.

~Renee

Wow! So sorry to hear about your stuff but glad everyone seems to be OK.

So sorry to hear what happened, Jamie! Very glad you and yours are O.K.

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Platinum Member
    Hi Jamie, I'm never going to bed dressed ever again.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Reality Check
    Sorry to heat about this.

This is a good reminder to us all that the unexpected can and does happen. Not often but it can happen.

Wow! Soon sorry that this happened. Just glad everyone is fine. Take care of you!!

Hugs,

Erin

Very sorry for your problems. But you sound like you are taking it as best you can.

I keep telling my wife that even though we did lose some precious items like videos of dusty as a little kid. We are alive. And we are getting a brand new house out of it. One that we get to design. So it isn't all bad.